Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

FRESH OUT OF MGOBLOG: JT GOT WHAT HE DESERVED AND BO WOULD BE HAPPY

0 HS
BigLights's picture
December 1, 2014 at 5:59pm
55 Comments

If you forgot why you hate UM fans wait until you read this gem of a blog post on MGO titled "JT Barrett and the 1973 Rose Bowl" :

As everyone knows, in 1973 Michigan stormed back and scored 10 points in the 4th Q to tie Ohio 10-10, with Michigan QB Dennis Franklin getting hurt with 2 minutes left in the game.  Twice in the last 2 minutes, Michigan’s field goal kicker missed the winning kick, but obviously had more scoring chances and ended the game the “stronger side.”  According to Wiki, even Woody Hayes admitted his team wouldn’t go to the Rose Bowl....

JT Barrett went down on Saturday, and now throughout the airwaves we hear pundits voice the same issue – whether Ohio State should be downgraded for the first ever playoffs because they are weaker now without their QB. 

I went to school when Bo was still coach.  I saw the man up close many times.  Never a more intense human being had I ever seen, even when just walking by on the way to lunch.  If Bo were alive today, while he would feel bad for the kid’s injury, I would bet my bottom dollar deep down, with his competitive fire, he would have one thought in mind: schadenfreude.

I read this and my jaw kind of hit the floor. The thought that JT somehow deserved to have his ankle broken by some sort of cosmic justice (And even worse that their favorite coach would somehow approve!) seemed heartless and very dickish, so it blew my mind when I read that most of the posters agreed:

osu will not make the playoff because they will lose to Wisco - and that is solely because of Barrett's loss.  And, even if they beat Wisco they still won't make playoff because of Barret's loss.  so, yeah, 1973 karma is a bitch....

This guy says they need Harbaugh because he would be happy - err, have the same intensity - about an innocent college kid snapping his ankle just like Ol' Bo.

This is the reason we need Jim Harbaugh

He is the only coach available out there with Bo's intensity.

He will take shit from no one!

Can't wait for Jim to backslap Urbie and Dumtonio after a game!

Remember when JIm stomped Pete and USC by 30 points. Try to imagine when he does this to Urbie and Dumtonio. No more playing not to lose ala Lloyd Carr. We need to put the fear in the rest of the Big Ten!

Another great human being:

Fuck Ohio.

Whatever chain of events leads to OSU getting screwed with their pants on, I'm all for it.

At least one Ohio State fan gets it:

41 Years later.........really?...

But, holding a grudge from 41 years ago and trying to equate the business of college football in 1973 to 2014, that's just plain silly.

What a gaggle of pathetic asshats over there. I hope they are proud of themselves for celebrating a good person getting hurt; Then again, they're Michigan, pride is all they have now.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments