Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This guy has it right, just what I was thinking, just more legible

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
October 26, 2014 at 9:12pm
39 Comments

Here is what I feel are some legit questions from a guy over on 247. If someone has the means to pass it along to Urb's and friends pls feel free. I would love to hear their thoughts ( theirs, not yours)

Bearbuck said... (original post)
We have the players......
1. Can either of you please tell me why we only attempted 8 passes the entire 1st half?
2. Herman, why did you throw J.T. under the bus by saying in your presser that he wasn't finding receivers or that he wasn't hitting his receivers? The guy was 5 of 8 attempts for over 50 yards, a TD and ZERO interceptions in the 1st half?!! What do you think there big fella?
3. Why did Barrett have more rushing attempts 11 than he did passing attempts 8?
4. Why did we run the ball 24 times and only try passing it 8 times?
5. Very difficult question for you Tom Herman.....24 rushing attempts compared to just 8 passes? WTF?!! How is that balanced?
6. For the game.....answer me this riddle Mr. Herman and Mr. Meyer:
a. Barrett 12/19 on the passing front.....carried the ball 20 times!
b.Elliott carried the ball 26 times.
c.Wilson carried the ball 5 times (what's up with the wildcat 3rd and long play?)
d. Marshall 3 times
e. Jones 1 time.
(1.) So....only 19 pass attempts and we ran the ball 55 times?!!
(2.) How is that remotely balanced?
7. Why are we handing off the ball to the smaller, shiftier runners Wilson and Marshall when we should be passing the ball to them?
8.. Why aren't we doing easy dump passes to our tight ends? Do you know what a dump pass is?
None of these issues/facts are our players faults....these guys are just doing what you, the coaches, are having them do and what you are having them do sucks!
Look.....if this is your formula for big, under the lights prime time games......well guess what? It doesn't work! You followed the exact same game plan last year against MSU and Clemson! Did you learn anything from those games?
I guess you want to ruin J.T. Barrett's potential career much like you've side-lined Braxton Miller's career......and for what it's worth...I don't think any of us really knows what either of these guys are fully capable of when you call their number to run the ball like that against arguably the best competition we face!!!
9. Why do even us lowly "arm-chair QB's" see, notice and ultimately re-hash the statistics......see a completely different style of play from your team (offensively)? Is it any wonder why Barrett is now really dinged up and is it really any wonder why he's going to struggle throwing the ball in the 2nd half when he wasn't throwing it enough in the 1st half? Get a frickin' clue...
10. That goes for you to Urban Meyer! They don't call this university the "graveyard of coaches" for nothing! We are a fickle, ridiculous fan base and we're spoiled I admit.....but damn it if we won't run your ass out of town same as those who came before you! Get your collective heads out of your ass and on a swivel!!!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments