Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Lewan assault on tape

0 HS
BigLights's picture
June 5, 2014 at 1:26am
31 Comments

The video which led to charges being pressed on Taylor Lewan has been obtained by Mlive.com. I had to watch the video multiple times to understand what happened, but for those of you who don't have time to watch it over and over, pay attention to the man in the red hoodie and white beanie who enters the screen from the bottom at about 5 seconds into the video. You will clearly see him walk to the top of the camera view and go to the ground. I'm assuming this is the point of the possible assault. A large crowd (everyone in the view of the camera) will either surround that spot or turn to to it. Multiple people will approach the spot (I'm assuming to break up the fight). From there there is a conflict between the UM group and the friends of the OSU fan who was assaulted. The actual alleged assault is really short and the majority of the video is the conflict between the OSU fan and the UM fans after the punch (That is if I'm reading/looking at it right).

Lewan was ID'ed as being in a red shirt by the AA police. He was also ID'd as wearing a red shirt in the initial reports that came out on BUCKNUTS six months ago when the very first public reports arose.

Quote here:

“We were sort of just walking by when the crowd started making a bunch of noise,” Curtis, a victim and eyewitness, told Bucknuts. “I had no idea what was going on, but the next thing I knew, the crowd parted and a huge guy in a red polo shirt came up to me and punched me in the face.”

Other eyewitnesses corroborated his account.

“Curtis was the first one who was hit,” confirmed Warren, a 28-year-old Columbus resident who would end up in the hospital as part of the alleged attack.

“I have no idea what started this. I just turned around and saw (my friend) on the ground,” said Marcus, a third eyewitness. “I turned and tried walking away and Warren was just standing there, kind of like ‘What the hell is going on here?’ and then all of a sudden the tall man in the red shirt came over and punched him right in the face. Warren goes down on the ground and a man in a grey shirt and jeans started kicking him.”

Both the whole MLive story and the Bucknuts story should be read by anyone interested in this story. It seems everyone on both sides of the dispute were drunk (imagine that).  I've got my own opinions, but I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments