College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Alabama is destined to lose to Florida State in Week 1

+19 HS
Thebuckeyefan30's picture
August 7, 2017 at 6:48pm
27 Comments

First off credit to r/cfb user NerdyorDirty for creating this awesome post about the affects of the phases of the moon on the performance of the Alabama football team. The post is basically a summary of Alabama's  record in night games in association with the phase of the moon for that game. Alabama proves to be dominant regardless of the phase of the moon in all phases except one. Alabama is a surprising 2-3 when playing a game under a Waxing Gibbous moon. In preparation for this upcoming football season I was rereading the post and curiously googled the Alabama football schedule for this upcoming season. Alabama currently only has two night games on it's schedule (but only 3 games actually show the kickoff time). However, one of those games is the opening game of the season against Florida State in the newly constructed Mercedes-Benz Stadium. After seeing this I immediately started looking for a site that would tell me what phase the moon would be in on September 2nd and, sure enough, its supposed to be a Waxing Gibbous. Is Alabama destined to lose? I sure think so. Also if this isn't enough for you another great reddit post outlining teams records when featured on College Gameday is more proof of an impending Alabama loss. It has already been announced that Alabama vs. Florida State will be the second stop of the two stop Week 1 College Gameday tour. Florida state is undefeated (1-0) in Neutral site games that College Gameday visits. To be fair Alabama is a very impressive 6-1 in Neutral site games that College Gameday visits but, are they undefeated???  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think with the scientifically proven Bama weakness to the fierce Waxing Gibbous moon, coupled with Florida State's stellar neutral site record on College Gameday the Tide are destined to start the season with a big fat L. 

Additional Fun Fact: Alabama plays Ole Miss on September 30th which will also be a night for the Waxing Gibbous moon. If that game is under the lights you better watch out Tide fans. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments