College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

What rivalry besides OSU vs UM is the best in college football

+4 HS
AnnArborsBuckeye's picture
June 8, 2017 at 8:43am
75 Comments

We all know that "The Game" is (always has been, always will be) the greatest rivalry in the sport that we all love. I'm interested in getting feedback from you all as to what the next best rivalries are in your mind. I'm talking the best of the best throughout history, not just recently. Here is my opinion on the best of the best in our beloved college football.

2. Texas va Oklahoma: the intensity and hatred in this rivalry is amazing and it is one that I make sure to watch annually. They are both typically highly ranked. You've got the fair food in Dallas with the crowd split 50-50 and it is just cool. The colors clash well and it's almost always a closely contested game in The Red Rivalry.

3. Florida vs Florida State: An end of the year clash that is out of conference but could totally screw up ones season  with a loss. Many national championships have been won by these two schools over just the last two decades. Each home stadium is very intimidating and it's been difficult over the years to steal a win on the opponents home turf. 

4. Alabama vs Auburn: The Iron Bowl that used to be played annually in Birmingham has to be on this list as well. The in state bragging rights are on the line constantly and the smack talk never stops. Great players and great coaches have made this rivalry a must watch.

5. Army vs Navy: History, paegentry, and tradition make this one of the best spectacles in the sport. The old school offenses, the students in their dress uniforms, and the post came singing of the alma maters is truly must see TV.

Honorable mentions include: Nebraska vs Oklahoma, Brigham Young vs Utah, USC vs UCLA, Miami vs Florida State, and Harvard vs Yale. There are many others such as the Apple Cup and the Egg Bowl but they never really have had much importance on a national scale.

So which rivalries are your favorites to watch and why?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments