Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Overreaching Mods

+39 HS
dustinccc's picture
October 3, 2017 at 9:52am
212 Comments

Hello,

I tend to do much more reading than posting on this site.  However, I have been noticing mods getting a bit trigger happy to close down threads.  For example the thread "Schiano to Tennessee?" was shut down for being "speculative and unfounded."  It was accurately titled with a ?.  It was properly placed in the correct forum. The poster even received 5 helmet stickers for the post.   I just don't get it.  Isn't almost all of recruiting speculative.  Are coaches on the "hot seat" unfounded unless their bosses come out and say they are close to losing their job?  It was also stated by the mod we should wait for the end of the CFB season to discuss. I guess we are not allowed to predict stat totals, win/losses, recruiting classes, who makes the playoffs or which coaches lose their jobs.  Just seems like a bit of an overreach, even if the topic is uncomfortable. 

To all the mods who do their jobs well thank for helping keep this a great site I spend way too much time at. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 212 Comments