Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

11W(hiners)

0 HS
Earle's picture
September 8, 2014 at 10:33am
57 Comments

Enough already.  The Buckeyes lost a football game.  Last time I checked, those other guys were on scholarship, too.  Beamer gets paid to coach, and does a pretty decent job of it.  Virginia Tech isn't Appalachian State.  A freshman quarterback, 4 new starters on the O-line, new DC and new defensive scheme: these are not excuses, these are facts of life.

Yeah, maybe expectations were a little out of control, but that's understandable.  This is Ohio State.  We expect greatness.  We expect our team to contend for a national title every year.

The reactions on this website over the weekend were appalling.  I knew I should avoid coming here for a few days, but I couldn't help myself from checking in.  The meltdown was worse than I could have imagined.

The spectacular growth of 11W does not come without it drawbacks, primarily a spate of newer members creating a plethora of hysterical Forum posts in the aftermath of the Buckeyes' first (first!!) regular season loss in the last three seasons.  Sure, we had a few "Fire Fickell!!!" threads last season (OK, more than a few), but the overall tone never reached the depth of negativity I saw over the weekend.

I get it.  Losing hurts.  And I was as shocked as anyone by the team's performance Saturday night. Personally, I'm still stuck somewhere between bargaining and depression in my own response.  But let's not continue to flagellate our own players and coaching staff.  We are all Buckeyes.  We are better than this.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments