Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Creating Forums Polls?

ronbizi's picture
August 17, 2014 at 9:15am
13 Comments

Is there a way we (the readers and non-11W staff) could create polls to see the thoughts of fellow Buckeye Nation on this site?  I'm talking something like this:

Which 2nd year player will have the biggest impact this year?

A)  Joey Bosa

B)  Dontre Wilson

C)  Vonn Bell

D)  Ezekiel Elliot

Then I would ask for us to actually see the voting result percentages while posting our answers and discussing.  Thanks

jonping67's picture
  1. Elliot
  2. Wilson
  3. Bell
  4. Bosa
MacG91's picture

At first glance I feel like it's a good idea but then when I think about it, a lot of meaningless/duplicate forums will be created. 

Mac..yeah

ronbizi's picture

I was throwing out an example.  Just thought it would be an interesting way to see how other readers feel about certain topics. 

+2 HS
SilverState's picture

I like the idea. I don't think a poll feature will bring any more duplicates than there are regular thread duplicates.

+1 HS
OnlyOne's picture

To quote his mother, "... it is 2 Ls and 2 Ts ...".   (Elloitt)  Sorry for the correction.  In general I am a poor speller, but I feel bad when I spell someone's name incorrectly.

I think we leave the polls to the staff.   But we could do it the Miles' way, let the members vote on it.

SilverState's picture

To quote his mother, "... it is 2 Ls and 2 Ts ...".   (Elloitt)  Sorry for the correction.

It's also "I" before"o". XD

+4 HS
OnlyOne's picture

Damn it, happens to me everytime.  Thanks for the correction.  My name is mis-spelled all the time, so I feel bad right now.  Plus I am always hitting the wrong letters on this damn touch screen key pad.  If I have an important text to send I have one of my kids type it. 

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

If Braxton doesn't get healthy and stay healthy it could be JT Barrett!!! ( 2Rs, 2Ts ).

1. Bosa, 2. Tyvis Powell, 3. Elliott, 4. Pat Elflein

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+1 HS
THE's picture

Ahhh, here's the right spot...

It will turn into:

Does my fart smell like ______

1) Eggs

2) Cabbage

3) Burnt vasaline

4) All of the above

So yes, count me in for allowing user polls in forums. 

Drivin > Disco > Drivin.
To the people in the bathroom, how's it going in there?

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I will go: 

1.Joey Bosa

2.Dontre Wilson 

3. Ezekiel Elliot 

4. Vonn Bell

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Bosa

Elliot

Wilson