Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Recent posts and repetition/duplication

0 HS
sharks's picture
August 10, 2014 at 12:50pm
5 Comments

Longform, y'all.

I view the site mainly on my smartphone and my tablet, but I think the layout is about the same on the non-mobile site.  I'd check, but my pc is in my den and I am reclining in my living room.  And my pc is in sleep mode.  Best not to wake it.

1. The 'Recent Posts' list on the main page includes only five topics.  It should have 10-15.  On my tablet, there is a ton of empty space directly under the five recent posts.  No ads for Asian brides, etc.  Just blank space.  Mgoblog has 15 recent topics on their main page.  They're all full of whiny baby fergodssakes stuff, but they're easily accessible. 

2. Many newly posted topics are substantially duplicative of other recently posted topics.  Why? Because people are lazy and don't check first, but more importantly,  because people check the five recents and don't look further, since to do so could entail clicking in to as many as eight forum selection options.  With the season approaching, an uptick in posting is imminent, and an influx of new users is too, which means more duplication.

Tl;dr version: please extend the recent posts block on the homepage from five to fifteen topics, because reasons. Thanks, and I have to go, the pc is waking up.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments