Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Revisting Bill Belichick and How the Patriots Cheated, Because Michigan.

+16 HS
Dillon G's picture
October 23, 2023 at 10:02am
28 Comments

Just a reminder, the Patriots cheating directly affected outcomes.

"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe."

Van Natta and Wickersham report that although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few people, including Belichick.

Soon, advanced scouts would be sent to the games of upcoming Patriots' opponents to film the play signals. The scouts would go undercover as media members, with media credentials listed under "Patriots TV" or "Kraft Productions" and were prepared with excuses of what to say they were filming if security asked.

I'm not going to engage in hypoerbole because it is Michigan. Only the facts are needed. Unless they never sent scouts to games. If they did, this is what he did. He is to stupid to make adjustments in game, like allegedly started happening in 2021. When they magically blossomed into a second half team. Be sure to circulate the story about the Patriots with the Michigan allegations.

There is a giant tactical advantage to make a digital library, over being alert and catching on, and "stealing signs" in the game. I would encourage even. Kerry Combs told the secondary in 2013 what he though they were doing, and the pick sealed the win.

The Patriots will never have to take down the banners as we might say, because the NFL, is the owners. We will never know what or why Kraft had power over the others to not be punished. I used to think the tuck rule game was because of Al Davis suing the other owners all the time. Maybe in part, but I later realized it was Kraft and his power.

So to did Harbaugh. I have no doubt. He had one foot out the door after starting, knowing they would get caught at some point. Like Pete Carrol. And objectively this is much worse than USC boosters paying for an apartment for Reggie Bush's father. This is why he interviewed on National Signing Day.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments