Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

2021 Summer Olympics Open Thread

+10 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture
July 25, 2021 at 11:47am
300 Comments

Some of you are probably also observing the biennial tradition of watching the world's most elite athletes compete to be world champions while sitting on the couch, eating potato chips. I thought I'd start an open thread to create a space where we can discuss the events. 

SPOILER WARNING: Given the time difference and the broadcast delays, there may be spoilers ahead. Since everything is known on the internet and we have 11W members from around the world, I think it makes sense to just say anything is fair game to talk about, rather than waiting until something has been broadcast on American television. 

The Current and Former Buckeyes Representing the United States in the Olympics:

[Current/Incoming Buckeyes]

• Hunter Armstrong // Swimming (50m) - Advanced to semis but did not qualify for finals, missing the final slot by only 0.01 seconds. 
  • Anavia Battle // Track (200m) - Round 1 is set for Aug 1, semis on Aug 2, finals on Aug 3.
  • Adelaide Aquilla // Women's Shot Put - Qualifying rounds scheduled for the morning of July 30 and the finals that evening. 
  • Jackson Leverett III // Pistol Shooting (25m rapid fire) - Qualifying rounds scheduled for Aug 1.
  • Henry Leverett // Pistol Shooting (25m rapid fire) - Yes, they are brothers. Qualifying rounds scheduled for Aug 1. 
  • Ruby Remati // Synchronized Swimming - Can't tell, but I think she is a substitute for the US duet team, scheduled to compete on Aug 2. 

[Former Buckeyes]

• Kyle Snyder // Wrestling (97kg Freestyle) - Scheduled for Aug 6. 
  • Christina Clemons // Hurdles (100m) - Begins on July 30th with the semis and finals on Aug 1. 
  • Alec Yoder // Gymnastics (Men's Pommel Horse) - Advanced to the final, which is scheduled for Aug 1. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 300 Comments