Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Heath Evans' Immediate Reaction to Chargers Drafting Bosa, a year later.

+2 HS
InJTweMust's picture
April 27, 2017 at 4:36pm
23 Comments

After the draft is over, there will be numerous takes about potential bust, steals, reaches, etc. Here is Heath Evans' take on ther Chargers drafting Joey Bosa with the No. 3 pick in last year's draft. It's... wrong, to say the least. (via NFL.com) "I'm just not seeing what the Chargers see in Joey Bosa I feel like, if this were any other draft class, Joey Bosa might not have had a first-round grade on him. He was pushed up because of the lack of pass rushers in this class. Yes, Bosa is a technician, a hard worker and is disciplined, but there's nothing elite about him -- not his size, speed, explosive power or strength. With a top-10-to-15 pick, teams are looking for game changers, and I don't think he's that. I think the Chargers passed on some players who could have fixed issues right away. They are throwing Bosa into a 3-4 defense, which he's never played in -- and training him to play in space, come off the edge and all these other things he wasn't asked to do in college. The things Bosa did do at Ohio State, I didn't think he was exceptionally great at any of them. I don't care what the stats say. It'll be interesting to see how he does in San Diego." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660843/article/myles-jack-robert...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments