Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Pick your NHL 6-man All-Star team PLUS Coach

0 HS
smartone29's picture
January 27, 2017 at 1:56pm
22 Comments

SOURCE (ESPN)

Whaddaya know?! ESPN actually gave the #CBJ some love (really, it's been happening for a while because, you know, #bandwagon). Also, props to Scott Burnside who picked #Camsanity as his RW. But to him, Custance, and LeBrun *ahem*: WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PICK DEVAN DUBNYK OVER SERGEI BOBROVSKY?!?!?! All I have to say is this: 4-2.

So anyways, let's get down to the nitty gritty (Jack Black reference for the oblivious among us). The up and coming activities of the All-Star weekend got me thinking about who I would name to my All-NHL team. Obviously, it would be very difficult for me to refrain from naming all #CBJ, but alas, I shall try. Here goes:

Position Player Team
LW Brad Marchand Boston Bruins
C Conor McDavid Edmonton Oilers
RW Cam Atkinson Columbus Blue Jackets
D Brett Burns San Jose Sharks
D Erik Karlsson Ottawa Senators
G Sergei Bobrovsky Columbus Blue Jackets
Coach John Tortorella Columbus Blue Jackets

It's really hard to name D-men that are not Scott Burns or Erik Karlsson. Burns has 51 points (21g, 30a) at the break. That is good for #4 for scoring in the league. The dude is practically another forward on the ice. And Karlsson may well be the best passing D-man to ever play the game. But that's just my #take.

Additionally, it feels really good to legitimately be able to leave Crosby and Ovechkin off this list (sorry if you're a Pens or Caps fan).

So, what say you, 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments