Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Thanks Comcast/Xfinity, Anyone else with a fight day from Hell story.(long)

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
May 3, 2015 at 9:01am
66 Comments

Unbelievable day. my stepdaughter Nicole recently got engaged and my wife loves boxing. we live on the beach in a condo. so they decide to throw together a nice little mayweather fight/party, w e have a 65" smart tv btw. about 8 people. we have a friend an Italian guy from Palermo that's a chef. Nicholas,mainly a pastry chef, he's been trying to market his frozen Italian pies here in the US, his pies are absolutely sinfully amazing. anyway the food was more than covered he made a nice fresh tomato salsa for pre fight which because we live on the beach began around 1:30 eastern. so the future son in law Rick brings a friend and wife Joe and Caritta she's peruvian. we were looking at about 10 guests. the young couple goes to the beach and I have been in and out all day working as I am the one that always ends up paying for everything. I'm already thinking I'm looking @ dropping $500 today. everyone comes back around from the beach around 5. Don't forget, fights never start on time and by 11:30 @ best.So I'm easily looking @ spending 8 hours with some people I just met. For the first course Nicholas makes a nice red sauce with tuna over pasta. FYI he speaks very little English. My wife Regina speaks English,spanish,Russian,Italian and Israeli. Turns out Joe is an Italian from Staten Island. Right before we eat Rick informs me they may leave because Caritta is sloppy drunk and just called on the great " Ralph"in our master bathroom. I'm like so, put her to bed and lets move on. During my hey day, I woke up in some weird places, church buses, front lawns, baby cribs,jail etc etc. So a young lady over drinking 6 hours  prior to an event doesn't phase me in the least. Did I mention I wasn't a fan of  Caritta's hubby Joe, the Italian from staten island that I just met a couple hours before? So we all eat and hear some doubting the decision of feeding Carritta red sauce and pasta shortly after her meeting with "Ralph", go ahead get,  a mental picture of that. LOL. Earlier in the day I had asked Regina to call Comcast and order the fight. after our first course I check showtime and its not working. about a month earlier we had decided that paying $150 a month was ridiculous and I gave up my sport and movie package which included showtime. so now basically we are buying showtime only, for $90 just to get the fight. Did I mention our bill is still $120 a month? But, I no longer get BTN. whats the point right? Anyway so I'm thinking we should be getting showtime now. so I flip it on, no showtime. so now I have to call Comcast. line are busy. I choose the call back option 17 minutes. my initial thought is they have been over whelmed with people ordering the fight. anyway I get nowhere with babu the Comcast service rep and hand it off to my wife, she's like the "Wolf" in Pulp Fiction when it comes to customer service rep phone conversations. A half hour later its now a "Thing". 7pm and still no fight. Joe had taken over the phone call and now is resetting the box, unplugging, plugging all kinds of stuff. This is now a full blown fiasco. At one point Comcast tells us everything will be fine at 9:01 pm. just remember we were on the phone with Comcast almost an hour already. meanwhile my wife is asking me to bring the other tv, the other cable box and I'm like Gina honey its not the tv or the box.  around 8 my wifes says to me that some of the guest didn't care for the fresh tuna sauce. so she asks me to make a box of miniature frozen tacos. as I am pre heating the oven for frozen tacos in front of a terrific Italian chef. I felt like such a  american douche. Nicholas made rib eye's shortly after my frozen tacos, rinse repeat  until we give up or at least I did around 11:00 pm. our gusts decide to leave, my wife is crest fallen. and all I'm thinking about is how much money we wasted. so right at fight time 11:30 our daughter calls and they had ordered the fight and were successful, they have dish. so we skyped it with them on my wifes lap top. one bonus is i'm stocked with beer and great left overs for awhile,lol. wasn't impressed with mayweather at all. yes mayweather won, but not in a total dominant fashion you would expect from a guy that compares himself to Ali, imo. Just wait till my wife calls Comcast Monday morning. i'm expecting a deep discount or major free shit for at least a year. I'm hoping never again, but my wife loves the big fights. O H..

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 66 Comments