Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Jameis Winston Debate

0 HS
LealmanBuckeye's picture
April 15, 2015 at 10:27am
82 Comments

I apologize in advance for the Buccaneer talk on a board that favors the Browns and Bengals when talking NFL, but I feel compelled to get a read on how the denizens of 11W see the situation.

Down here in the Tampa Bay area, the prevailing wisdom is that the Buccaneers will take Jameis Winston with the first overall pick. Many local sports radio hosts seem to consider it blasphemy to suggest taking Marcus Mariota or (my preference) trading the pick. They immediately compare Mariota to RGIII, which is an extremely unfair comparison as far as I'm concerned.

My argument is as follows: The Buccaneers have so many other needs (O-line, DE, D-back, just to name a few) that it makes sense to at least shop the #1 overall with an eye toward stockpiling more picks. Winston is too much of a loose cannon off the field, and his stats last year (18 interceptions) are questionable enough in my mind not to label him as the proverbial "sure thing".

So I put the question to all of you: if you're the Bucs, sitting at #1, what do you do?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments