Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Tony Dorsett Talks About His Disease

Matt Gutridge's picture
February 9, 2015 at 7:50pm
18 Comments
Tony Dorsett

If there is anybody who can defeat CTE it is Tony Dorsett.

Tony Dorsett has been diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). This disease is associated with mental ailments like depression and dementia and gets progressively worse over time. 

From deadspin.com, Dorett's statement: 

"I'm in a battle, obviously. I got diagnosed with CTE and it's very frustrating at times for me. I've got a good team of people around me, my wife and kids, who work with me. When you've been in this town for so long and I have to go to some place I've been going to for many, many, many years, and then all of a sudden I forget how to get there. Those things are frustrating when it comes to those things. I understand that I'm combating it, trying to get better. But, you know, some days are good. Some days are bad.

[...]

The game was good to me. It's just unfortunate that I'm going through what I'm going through. I'm in the fight, man. I'm not just laying around letting this overtake me. I'm fighting. I'm in the battle. I'm hoping we can reverse this thing somehow."

I wish Tony Dorsett and his family the best during this difficult time. I am rooting for him to conquer this battle. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments