Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jordan Hall's NFL Debut with the Steelers

BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture
August 10, 2014 at 3:17pm
6 Comments

Even though Jordan Hall went undrafted, he impressed the Steelers enough that they picked him up as a free agent.

According to a recent ESPN blog post, Hall is in competition for the last RB spot on the roster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/8081/hall-hoping-to-make-most-of-dream-chance

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Hall's name last night during the Giants/Steelers game.  In fact, he led all Pitt rushers with 6 carries.  (I do wish he had accumulated more than 5 yards with a longest rush of 3.)  Here's the box score:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/live/NFL_20140809_PIT@NYG

Here's hoping that Hall continues to work hard and to get his chance to impress on Sundays the way he did on Saturdays.

Poison nuts's picture

I'll root for all the Buckeyes always, but a guy like Hall is someone I'd really like to see succeed. I remember he was off to a bang up start last year & Hyde came back & that was it. He didn't complain, didn't tweet, just continued on as a team first guy. Go Jordan - Go Bucks!

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+5 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Thanks for the information and Good Luck to Jordan!  He deserved better than his injury-plagued Senior season last year.  I always root for Buckeyes even when they play on teams I don't like like Pittsburgh.

+2 HS
Rocket Man's picture

There definitely seems to be an OSU-Steelers pipeline building.  Not a Steelers fan, but the organization knows how to find good talent, and it makes sense they are getting so many Buckeyes.  Jordan Hall grew up in the Pittsburgh area, so he has a double connection.  Hope he gets a roster spot or at least a place on the practice squad.

"Statistics always remind me of the  fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." -- W. W. Hayes

Rob Reese's picture

I'm rooting for Jordan Hall for so many reasons, not the least of which the guy was the consummate professional while with the Buckeyes and always did whatever was asked, even if it meant less carries and sometimes none at all.   One could argue he had every right to be bitter, but never showed it if he was.  I'm hoping J. Hall kills it in the NFL.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Good luck to Hall's career with the NFL.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Mortc15's picture

Being a buckeye and steeler fan, I love the new pipeline forming. I was kinda shocked they didn't draft a DB when Shazier was picked but I couldn't be anything but ecstatic after watching him play for the bucks. 

Keep that Columbus to Pittsburgh pipeline pumping! 

Buck-I4Life