Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

David Blatt Video

jaxbuckeye's picture
June 21, 2014 at 11:20am
15 Comments

This is some powerful stuff

Jbucks's picture

THANK YOU!!!! Finally something about this guy! I've been kinda on the iffy side for the cavs hiring him but now I'm a little more confident in him, his talk of teamwork and leading, its what the cavs need most. They don't play as a team, they have no leaders do hopefully this guy instills it in these players.

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

I don't even know what to say about this one.  He's passionate?

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'd say that someone was talking who he didn't want to talk. Just my opinion about that though.

+1 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Agreed. I like that he's in charge.  How will that work with the NBA prima donnas though?

Silver Bullet 10's picture

LeBron's best choice besides San Antonio is definitely Cleveland.

PittBuckeye's picture

After also Chicago, Golden State, New York, LA (Clippers), and OKC, sure they're a good looking choice then.

jaxbuckeye's picture

Every team you listed is over the cap.  How exactly do you see THAT happening?

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Assuming Duncan and Parker come back (which is the only reason the Spurs would be a good fit, they don't have the cap space either.

Any team in the league would make space for Lebron if he wanted to come there, guys have seemed to be willing to take less money to win as well. There's always ways around any of that. It was a comment towards the fact that the Cavs are not the best team for him, like at all. I wish they were don't get me wrong, but they're not.

TheBadOwl's picture

Shockingly enough, I'd actually say his best choices are Phoenix and Atlanta.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Danify's picture

I just have a feeling LeBron is coming back to Cleveland, because of his family. His wife (who is expecting their third child) and kids love the Akron area, also he wants his kids go to Akron St. Vincent St. Mary's. Plus, as he has matured I would think he would love to spend much more time with them. 

+1 HS
scottyp_330's picture

The same way teams are trying to imitate the Seahawks successful defense in the NFL, NBA teams are going to try to imitate the Spurs now. The Cavs got a very good coach for that style and puts us ahead of the curve a little.

PittBuckeye's picture

I'd agree, but lets see how the guy does in the NBA before we call him Pop Jr. The dude hasn't done anything in the best league in the world just yet.

scottyp_330's picture

Haha that's exactly why I didn't bring up Pop even though I wanted to. That's a big comparison I don't know if he could ever live up to. I love his ability to command a team though. Tells it how it is; people think that might be problem in the NBA with big personalities so we'll see.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

It won't be a problem if he wins. Nothing makes players respect a coach more than winning.

Seattle Linga's picture

I really liked his quote at the end of the first video - "you can do more with less - as long as you do it right!"