Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Here's Johnny Manziel chugging booze on the back an inflatable swan

AngryWoody's picture
June 8, 2014 at 12:29am
57 Comments

Tom Brady and Payton Manning wouldn't be caught dead doing something this ridiculous. The whole "I'm a kid and I'm just having fun like everyone else thing" doesn't apply anymore imo. The guy is supposed to be a professional and he looks like a stupid frat boy. Embarrassing.

hit_the_couch's picture

Who cares; i'd do the same damn thing. Austin is that epic. People are way too concerned, anymore, with how others should live their lives.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+14 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Can't wait to watch Ryan Shazier plant this punk into the turf.

Crumb's picture

Like a cheap flower.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+7 HS
Vinginia_Buckeye's picture

Punk? Have you never chugged alcohol?? You're a clown and obviously jealous. 

" I'm a Buckeye "

I think the guy who spelled the word 'Virginia' wrong in his own user name is more of a "clown", clown.

And, no, I'm not jealous of somebody foolishly throwing alcohol down their throat. He's 21, right? That's what I thought. Not 17. There IS a difference.

I call him a punk because of his money gesture antics on the field, not because he's having fun at a bar. Jump to conclusions much, VB?

-10 HS

You're  special. Damn near every comment of yours is bashing someone or arguing. Get a life clown. If we were face to face I'd make you shit yourself and then I'd rub your nose in it like a bad puppy. 

" I'm a Buckeye "

-2 HS

Ok, VB...keep squawking.

Notice how you don't actually argue against my point, but rather resort to immature namecalling. 

-4 HS
buck-I.8's picture

So every kid that does dumb shit in college is a punk? Carlos Hyde, Roby, Stoneburner, Mewhort, Noah Spence, all punks? Careful getting down from the soapbox there, chief, I don't want you to sprain an ankle. 

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Careful getting down from the soapbox there, chief, I don't want you to sprain an ankle. 

It is comments like these that made me miss you on these here boards I.8

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

NatiBuck's picture

Kinda jealous of him...

+4 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

When I was his age, I was still in the Marine Corps.  We got trashed almost every night.  It isn't that big of a deal.  

+5 HS

I'm in the military now, and I assure you, we all still get drunk almost every night. These guys posting this are ridiculous. 

" I'm a Buckeye "

+3 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I hope they upgraded the refrigerators in the barracks, at least in the army, they never held enough beer to make it through a 4 day.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Byaaaahhh's picture

I'm past done caring about his antics. Let me know when he gets booted from the league or wins a super bowl. Actually no, I wouldn't care about those either. 

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

He's a rich kid at a dope bar in Austin. If you and your fellow young millionaire friends didn't go to the best clubs/bars/restaurants and mingle with insanely gorgeous women (if you weren't committed), then I'd say you're just being a stick in the mud. Peyton & Tom also didn't have to deal with Twitter, Vine, & Youtube when they were his age either. I'm sure they did their fair share of YOLOing at his age... 

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+7 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I suppose there's worse things he could be doing, along with more constructive things as well I guess.

When I was his age (man, that makes me sound old) I was letting loose every chance I had. Of course I wasn't a high profile athlete existing in the social media environment we see today either.

Off season pass here, but hopefully he's ready to work when its time.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

That swan is awesome. 

+5 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

The guy isn't married, doesn't have a game tomorrow-who cares???  I mean any one of us on here, at his age, with that kind of money would be doing the same thing.  Brady or Manning may not have ever done this, but I'm pretty sure old Broadway Joe enjoyed himself from time to time, and there is probably countless others as well.

+2 HS
Furious George 27's picture

he is not out smoking dope, driving drunk, or punching a girl so what is there to be upset about? Manning and Brady didn't have TMZ following their ass 24/7 14yrs ago. I don't think it existed so who knows what they did back then 

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Having attend school in Athens..I for one, am glad there were no camera phones, tweeters or vines following my exploits back then.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

Athens BuckCat's picture

What happens in Athens stays in Athens...

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

"What are you looking at swan?"

+4 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Shampoo is better.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

cdub4's picture

It amazes me that people care so much. If this was mid season, it would be more relevant. Manning and Brady are married with kids and older, so I don't really see the comparison.

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Work hard. Play hard. Life is for living.

Read my entire screen name....

Jdadams01's picture

The reason people mock this is because the top pro QB's work year-round. They have to. And they take that offseason work very seriously. This means Johnny is already well behind and doesn't get it. He isn't in college anymore.

+2 HS

What's to say he didn't wake up this morning and study the playbook?  How do we know that he wasn't studying film before this?  

All I'm saying is that we only see him when he's doing something "wrong."  He would never make headlines for doing things right, but that doesn't mean he's not doing them. 

+3 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Except you have ZERO idea what he did the whole day or how well he is preparing. 

nikolajz1's picture

Clearly all NFL players work 24/7 and have no fun and never take a break and never get burnt out from working too much. 

+1 HS
Jdadams01's picture

"Because being out partying in Austin/Vegas leads to a great next day of workouts, drills, and playbook/film study", said no top quarterback ever.

-3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

The kid honestly is still a kid..I mean who didn't drink their ass's off once they turned 21? We have all been there, unfortunately for this kid he is expected to live a certain lifestyle because of his profession..its the off season..at least he isn't in the headlines for things that are way worse than this..

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Tom Brady wears Uggs.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+9 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

How'd you get video of Luke Fickell in the bath tub?

+5 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I fall in the "this isn't a big deal" camp.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm falling into the next camp over of "I don't give a shit anymore"

+5 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

I just don't want to fall in the shit camp. That would stink.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

route4buckeye's picture

Should he get off your lawn, too?

+5 HS
buckeyedude's picture

The irony I see, is here we have Buckeye fans defending Johnny Manziel and his off the field antics, now that he's a Cleveland Browns commit. Whereas before when he played for an SEC team, he got nothing but criticism from 98% of the posters on this website for all his tomfoolery.  

I really don't care either way what he does with his off time, I just thought it was very interesting how people's perception has changed.  

+4 HS

I dont think its ironic. College athletes are governed by a completely different set of rules, not to mention legalities of underage consumption.  I think most people were less concerned with partying and more concerned with things that related to NCAA and student athletes bylaws

+2 HS
lsjSnail's picture

This guy gets it. Now that the NCAA is no more for him, who the fuck cares if he is partying. There is no doubt he is taking care of offseason football business while enjoying life. There is a difference between parting when you are under a strict set of rules while underage and partying while free

KingsRite's picture

^ What he said.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

If Johnny Football invited you to a party, would you go? Damn right you would.

+4 HS
cplunk's picture

1) don't care what he does on his own time. 

2) Tom Brady, Peyton manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees are way to busy working, studying their play book, and being leaders for their teams to be in pictures like this.

3) He's going to be a bust and it has nothing at all to do with his antics. His college plays basically break down into two kinds: ones where he used his running ability to make yards (this will happen some in the NFL but not enough to make a scheme without getting him killed) and ones where he used his amazing athletic ability to get free then launched the ball downfield, getting credit for a completion when 90% of it was hard work by Mike Evans and the other receivers (these will be interceptions in the nfl). He has shown no ability whatsoever to read a defense.

4) he's an amazing athlete, and the athletic portion of his play will still work in the nfl. 

5) he believes the athletic portion of his skills is enough. In the nfl it isn't. 

All of these statements are true.

+3 HS
buck-I.8's picture

It's so humbling to have an actual NFL expert here with us on the board who not only knows exactly what it takes to be successful in the league, but also knows every exact detail of Manziel's life, AND can see the future. 

+3 HS
cplunk's picture

Fair enough.

No need for me to say anything but let's meet back here in two or three years.

+1 HS
buck-I.8's picture

For what it's worth, I didn't love the pick as a Browns fan, and he's not the kind of dude I'd ever associate myself with, but I'm saying let's give him a chance at least. Time will tell. 

+1 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Lol I love this kid. Young. Millions of dollars. Doesnt have to waste his youth. Let him have fun. If it shows up on the field then get all shitty on him.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

MLD Woody's picture

As a Browns fan I hope he as a great career

As a realist I'm disappointed we took him and I would bet he never amounts to much

I hope I'm wrong though

University of Michigan Class of 2014
Cleveland Browns | USA Soccer | Michigan Wolverines

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

The issue is the position he plays. Whether anyone likes it or not, the QB, especially one that was drafted early to be the future, and face, of the franchise is held to a higher standard. Maybe people think that's not fair, but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. I agree 100% that kids will be kids, and he is over the legal age, so it's probably not a big deal.

However, I am reserving judgment, one way or another, until after camps start and it gets serious. If he's able to focus once they start, and produce, then who cares? If he were doing this in July/August or during the regular season, it would be a big deal. Right now, he's still probably celebrating the fact that he worked his way from a relatively unheralded recruit to a first round draft pick. Let's give him time and see what happens.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

AngryWoody's picture

This is how Colin Kaepernick celebrated his new contract. See this is how a QB with a little bit of pride and dignity acts. He acts like a leader, not a drunken bafoon.

Our Honor Defend!

-1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

This is how Colin Kaepernick celebrated his new contract. See this is how a QB with a little bit of pride and dignity acts. He acts like a leader, not a drunken bafoon.

*Cites guy being investigated for sexual assault as having dignity*...loses all credibility.

AngryWoody's picture

Wasn't Carlos Hyde "under investigation" for beating up a girl in a bar? I bet you came out against him also. Oh wait, I'll bet you didn't. So why do you grant reasonable doubt to people you like but not to others? Because you're a hack? Yep. You guys crack me up, when Johnny is at A&M everyone on here was bashing him. Now that he's with the Browns everyone worships the ground he gets dunk and pukes on. Manziel is an absolute embarrassment.

The first time Manziel is even accused of doing something illegal I will expect you to publicly come out against him because if its a good enough standard for Kaepernick it's good enough for Johnny Cleveland, amirite? No. Of course not. Johnny plays for a team you like so he gets a free pass.

Oh and I know that 3/4s of you guys are Browns fans, so downvote away. Truth hurts.

Our Honor Defend!

osu07asu10's picture

No not even close I just find it humorous that you chose a QB being investigated for sexual assault to be the bastion of dignity for leaders among QBs.

osu07asu10's picture

Here is some positive JFF love. Rockin a Cavs hat at the NBA finals? You make it hard not to like you Johnny!

On the drinking thing, I don't mind him being in the limelight. Now, if he plays like an alcoholic during the season that is when I'll take issue. Until then I'm enjoying the JFF show.