Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

AJ slighty better then bridgewater?

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture
May 12, 2014 at 2:14pm
23 Comments

Gametime's picture

WHO THE F*** IS BRIDEWATER!?!?!?

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS

Thanks for the Nazism..This site lags when I type and letters get left out and I often have multiple spaces. Its very hard for me to even complete a simple  sentence sometimes.^1

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-4 HS
Gametime's picture

No worries Colerain, lol. I'm the furthest from spelling/grammar nazi - meh it happens. I thought you would take advantage of the misspelling though and co-opt it into something Leon Sandcastle-esq, but I guess my hopes were too high.  ^_^

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+1 HS

I know you aren't I was giving you a good ribbing for helping me out.

-2 HS
MacG91's picture

WHO-DEY!!!!

Mac..yeah

First let me express that I think Mccaron is a arrogant pretty boy prick. With that being said there were rumors the Bengals were willing to trade up early 2nd round to take Bridgewater. They got AJ in the late 5th rnd which isn't a gamble. His 77 TDs and 15 INTs are supposedly the reason they feel like he was a steal because everyone knows we have blown playoff games with Dalton throwing phantom INTs in the playoffs. I love sports science and thought it was weird they had they 2 QBs Cincy was looking at compared side by side. I would have thought Teddy would have blown him away and fully expect Teddy to have a better career.Interesting to see how accurate AJ was on this day.Also all you need to see to tell you this means nothing is Ponder scoring higher then both.

-2 HS
MacG91's picture

I highly doubt the Bengals were going to trade up to get Bridgewater, not their style. When they traded up for that center it was their first time trading up since like 2002 or something crazy like that. I would think it was just a rumor. 

Mac..yeah

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

It also said Christian Ponder was higher rated than either. Can't put much stock in it.

Kindell's picture

I don't think McCarron is the NFL prospect than Bridgewater is, but he is also a pretty good value pick in the 5th round.  The Bengals needed to bring in a young guy, if only to motivate Dalton.  If you watch McCarron he is a solid QB and is a good game manager.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he turned out to be the QB in Cincy.

+1 HS

Mike Brown has a history of bringing in a young stud at a position the year before a star at said positions contract is up. Its smart business  and I  think Mike Brown is a straight up clown. No doubt he feels like he can shave a few million off of Daltons next contract by putting a little heat under his ass. For those that don't know this is Daltons last year under contract and there are rumors he wants over 15mil a year.

-3 HS
BassDropper's picture

I personally think McCarron is the 2nd best QB in this draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the Tom Brady of this draft.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Unfortunately for McCarron, he doesn't have Bill Belichick in Cincy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

d5k's picture

I was surprised he was there in round 5 honestly, but also not thrilled or overly bothered that the Bengals took him as a fan of the team.  There were a lot of similar QB's once you got past Manziel and Bortles.  I'm glad the Bengals didn't spend a 2nd round pick on someone slightly better than McCarron like a Garoppolo.

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

I agree Bass......You know I hated him at BAMA ......but Damn It's amazing what a Bengals Jersey will do to change ones opinion !!!!!!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
southbay's picture

He doesn't seem like he's physically what NFL scouts would look for, kind of a stringbean, but as his been pointed out he could be another Tom Brady.  If he turns out to be anywhere near that good while wearing a Bengal uniform, that would be great.

-1 HS

String bean? You do realize Mccaron is 6'4 220lbs. right? And johnny almighty is under 6'ft. maybe 200bs soaking wet?

-2 HS
southbay's picture

No, I guess I thought AJ was closer to 200 than that.  That's good news, thanks.

+1 HS

No problem...He has only a average NFL arm or maybe slightly below average but so did Dalton. I liked about  10 QB prospects better then AJ but it is a gamble and was a low risk high reward gamble. The type I love.

-2 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I don't know if he'll ever see the field.  If it lights a fire under Andy's ass to continue to get better and get better more quickly, then I'm all for it. 

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Sports Science is really overrated. They can even make Brandon Weeden look impressive.

+2 HS

I said in the original post it wasn't to be taken seriously but it is a interesting show. The Weeden hitting clay pigeon shoot probably took longer then The Evil Dead took to shoot  their entire movie.

Seattle Linga's picture

OTRAIN - nice find and great point

+1 HS