Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Josh Gordon possible suspension??

osubuck57's picture
May 9, 2014 at 6:11pm
45 Comments

Just read on ESPN that broke a story on Outside the Lines that Gordon is facing possible season long suspension for Marijuana. REALLY???

Baroclinicity's picture

Guess we shoulda picked Watkins at 4.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Heard rumors here that the Browns knew of his issue prior to the draft, and still passed on Sammykins

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's who they should have picked, even without this suspension. I know people are gonna disagree, but I hate the Browns' draft so far.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

You do know that Watkins has been tied to marijuana too, right?

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Damn that sucks donkey balls if true.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
osubuck57's picture

If true, he probably won't be in Cleveland very long. Just boggles my mind, when you know you already have two strikes against you, and you still fail a drug test. This was supposedly a second failed test in recent months. If so, how could Browns not draft WR at #4??

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
ohst8buxCP's picture

What a fucking joke. Just when everything was going right.

Baroclinicity's picture

He could have at least done us a favor by getting busted yesterday.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Report? Source? You sure they weren't just talking about him and his past history was brought up?

Baroclinicity's picture

It's on the "Breaking News" side bar on ESPN right now.

ohst8buxCP's picture

The only question I have about the story is that the Browns HAD to have known about this and still passed on Watkins? Seems odd that they could completely be in the dark but then again it's the Browns.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Beat me to it.... I shouldn't type so slow.

This is extremely frustrating if true. This kid has so much talent... To be the first NFL player with back to back 200+ yard games? With Brandon Weeden throwing to you?!?!

And to throw it away for weed.... disappointing.

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

How about Marquise Lee this evening at 35...

+6 HS

Every major news story has a reason and timing behind it. I'll take this as Lee to the Browns at 35.

jeremytwoface's picture

You actually bring up a point that makes this seem like it might be false information...

If he failed the test back in the Winter, wouldn't the front office have known about it?? 

Don't you think they would have taken a WR in the first round if that was the case?

ohst8buxCP's picture

Agreed something's not right here. Maybe just wishful thinking from a Browns fan but according to the article he found out about this in the winter and was told he could appeal in April. There's no way the Browns FO wouldn't have known until day 2 of the Draft. His agent says it's untrue so i'm waiting on more info before i go into meltdown mode.

jeremytwoface's picture

Same.

But, you know.......... Factory of Sadness and everything..

jeremytwoface's picture

Never mind....

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Jim donovan on ch. 3 said pot again.  What a goddamn moron, if true.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Baroclinicity's picture

From October though...

ohst8buxCP's picture
jeremytwoface's picture

+15 HS

LMFAO... per my wife Jeremy wins the interwebz for the day.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

lol.... get owned.

LEBRON

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

It's called Trying Out for the Argonauts, and it's legal in 21 states.

http://bit.ly/1l9JU0X

Haha hit em with the birdman mean mug wtf face.classic

OSUStu's picture

Wow, the Browns just can't win for losing.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Maybe we can trade him to Denver, he should fit right in.

Go Bucks!

jeremytwoface's picture

+8 HS
luckynutz's picture

So you knew 90 minutes before you made the pick. And left marqise lee there anyways. Typical cleveland...give you hope they may have a plan and a prayer. Then lay this kind of egg. I want to go on a profanity laced tirade...but instead ill just cry. A lot.

+2 HS

Good solid post Lucky..This is rehab getting this shit off our chest.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Well, how's that for a comedown from any lingering euphoria from last night? Gordon facing a year-long ban, the leaked Patriots report on Johnny underlining some of our worst fears about him (thanks, Lombardi), and then they go and draft a tackle with Lee on the board.
"Johnny, meet Greg Little, your #1 receiver."

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

+3 HS
BHT's picture

I kinda hope its not true. Gordan was going to be my best WR for fantasy football next season.

luckynutz's picture

Forget fantasy...he was fitting to be the browns offense next year. Sad part is...even if he doesnt play at all he will end up with the same stats as greg little

+1 HS

Gordan had more receiving yards then any WR last year with a mediocre o-line and a terrible QB. He had a chance to be an all time great.

+1 HS
Alex Boones Liver's picture

Above all else it seems to me that the choices Josh Gordon has made in the last 5 years have been one thing...selfish.  How many times has he let teamates and coaches down because he chose to pick up the pipe?  There is mixed opinions that whether or not marijuana is addictive or not.  I won't debate that either way, but if it is not addictive, he sure has chosen to give the middle finger to fans and teamates. I guess he needs to decide what he wants to be, because you cannot be a pot smoking NFL receiver for very long.

+1 HS
TallyBuckeye's picture

So you wanna get high huh? Dumbass of the week award! Actually feel a little bad for Browns fans for once.

TallyBuckeye

Citrus's picture

Regardless of when the Browns found out, the consensus is it was before they picked 35. The Browns chose a T instead of a WR (Lee). Several of you are upset about this but your criticism is misguided. Players aren't fungible. Lee is not Gordon. Tackle was a need going into the draft. The Browns filled that need. They felt that the Tackle improved the roster more than a WR would. The length of Gordon's suspension is likely to be 4-6 games. At the end of that time they will have a WR AND a Tackle. If they had drafted Lee, after 4-6 games, they would still need a tackle. The Browns had two needs to fill, they filled one with a player that better enhanced their roster and has a significant chance to start.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Rules are rules, and he's a selfish IDIOT if he violated this policy....BUT

Does anyone else just think it's wrong to suspend a guy an entire year for weed?  holy fuk.  Drunk driving, wife beating, whatever...you'll see the field in no time.

Meanwhile Jim Irsay had way more serious problems...just take a few weeks off Jim.  Now he's welcome back to owner meetings.

+2 HS