Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

BLUE JACKETS WIN!!!!

dmurder's picture
April 19, 2014 at 10:48pm
17 Comments

1st but not last!

Crumb's picture

Dang straight!

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+4 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Good to see a Ohio team showing up when all the chips are on the table. Not particularly a hockey fan but I will cheer on the Blue Jackets with all my heart.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

Can't get any better photo than this!!

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+8 HS
703Buckeye's picture

That's a great one but I'll take this one...

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Fleury actually made a ridiculous save right before that, but Stempniak (22) literally just stood there while Calvert (11) got the rebound to put it back in. SMH as a Pens fan, but congrats to the Jackets on their playoff win.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Noticed that as well - makes you think............

Sin City Buckeye's picture

Here's a cool gif

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+7 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

anytime you can beat any team from Shitsburgh it's a good deal

+4 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Started this game out a bit harsh, but the guys showed their grit and pulled out a tough win.  The third and over time periods were just plain great play by both teams.  Cant wait to bring it  back to the house, we have great possibilities of going up 2.  Yes!   Too bad we didn't pull out the first game so we can be up 2 already, but I have faith this is the year.

Go CBJ!!!

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

CBJ did what they needed to. Played tough in both games and were able to get one on the road. That's really all you can ask for. Steal a game in enemy territory. Really fun series so far.

I may have to adopt the Jackets as my second team if a certain defending champion can't figure out that regulation lasts 60:00, not 58:54....(still like the Hawks in 6).

As for Columbus, its pretty clear they aren't the least bit intimidated by the Pens or the playoff atmosphere. As they say in the old country "We got ourselves a series". Playoff hockey is great, isn't it?

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+3 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

It seems that the Jackets really found their game midway though the second period, and they pretty much dominated the rest of the way. This has to be concerning for the Pens, who have lost to a lower seed each of the last four years, in addition to Fleury's known shakiness in the playoffs. Battle on!

+2 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

Can't wait to get Foligno back! Playoff experience and he plays textbook Blue Jackets hockey; hustle, effort, battle, and tenacity.

+1 HS
Horvath22's picture

As a lifelong Red Wing fan, I still pull for the Blue Jackets. Born and raised on the eastside of Columbus. East High alumnus. Go Jackets.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here's a view of the gamer from NBC Sports

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I love the fact Calvert stayed to make sure it was in, had he turned even a bit, he would have lost the rebound.

This team is awesome, would love to make the next round.  Here's to 2 more in Columbus!

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

So my wife pissed and moaned for me to stay home and watch the game with promises she would watch the game (and she barely made it...) because I had planned to go watch it with my dad who actually pays attention whilst at the games versus texting or facebooking like my wife.  I KNEW I wouldn't be able to get loud because, hey, I'm that guy you hear next door, right?  Calvie puts the puck in the net and I can't scream or yell.... but i do my best mime impression!  Thankfully the wife was facebooking, at home... after she promised she'd watch the game... and didn't record the necessary video evidence to confirm what I am about to admit to my good friends on 11W...

I went APESHIT with grunting and fist pumping and ran around the house like a muted moron, simply so I wouldn't wake up my 9 month old...

Next time, eff it, he's waking up and she can deal with it for facebooking after promising she wouldn't.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

In our house the rule is ............. whenever there is a game-winner especially in OT - all bets are off so let the screaming ensue. Sleeping is over-rated.

+1 HS