Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Tyler Davis Crystal Ball Predicition

0 HS
Andrew Lind's picture
May 25, 2018 at 1:15pm
7 Comments

Following up my class prediction from Thursday morning, I've placed a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Ohio State for Apopka, Florida, Wekiva four-star defensive tackle Tyler Davis.

This was something I considered doing following his unofficial visit in April, but held off because it was unclear at that time if the Buckeyes were going to take a defensive tackle this cycle — especially considering they brought in a trio of exceptional interior linemen last cycle in Taron Vincent, Antwuan Jackson Jr. and Tommy Togiai. 

Defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and defensive line coach Larry Johnson were in Florida on Wednesday to watch Wekiva's spring game, and both have formed a great relationship with Davis over the last year. The Buckeyes were among the first schools to offer him a scholarship last May.

Davis has been to campus three times since, including the aforementioned April visit, Friday Night Lights last summer and the win over Michigan State in November. Clemson and Miami continue to recruit him heavily — with the Tigers quite possibly the biggest threat — but I don't foresee them being able to pass Ohio State so long as the staff continues to make their push this summer.

Davis plans to visit all three schools in June with a decision to come either shortly thereafter or before the start of his senior season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments