Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

2017 Guard Mark Smith to Announce Commitment Wednesday

0 HS
Tim Shoemaker's picture
April 24, 2017 at 5:12pm
39 Comments

Mark Smith appears to be ready to make a college decision.

Fresh off an official visit to Ohio State over the weekend, it was reported Monday afternoon the four-star guard from Edwardsville, Illinois will make an announcement Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET.

Smith is a 6-foot-5 guard and the nation's No. 74-ranked player, according to 247Sports composite ratings.

Personally, I thought Michigan State led for Smith for the last couple of weeks with the home school Illinois in a close second and Ohio State in third. It was important the Buckeyes finally got Smith on campus for a visit and by all accounts, it went well, but it just feels like there was a little too much ground to make up even though Thad Matta and Co. got in on this recruitment before most did.

Smith's recruitment blew up over the last month as schools looked to fill late holes on their rosters and that worked against Ohio State. 

So while I thought it wast trending MSU last week it feels like Illinois has the momentum here. I'm leaning Illini right now with the Spartans second and Buckeyes third, but after I speak to some people I'll have a clearer picture. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments