Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

2018 class could be as great as the 2017 class

+32 HS
305Buck's picture
December 1, 2016 at 10:16am
408 Comments

With the 2017 class being pretty much done since the Summer, Ohio State has had a head start on most schools at 2018 recruiting and the 2018 recruiting class could be just as good, if not better than the 2017 class. As of this moment, Ohio State is in a great spot for these following recruits:

QB- Emory Jones (5 star, #1 DT-QB)
RB- Brian Snead (top 100). Lorenzo Lingard (5 star)
HB- Jaelen Gill (5 star apb) Should transfer to IMG.
WR- Jalen Hall (5 star), Kamryn Babb (top 100, 5 star according to 247)
TE- Jeremy Ruckert (top 100)
OL- Jackson Carman (5 star), Jamaree Salyer (5 star), Matthew Jones (top 100)
DL- Micah Parsons (5 star, Penn State commit), Taron Vincent (5 star) 
LB- Teradja Mitchell (5 star), Palaie Gaoteote (5 star), Dallas Gant (top 100)
CB- Anthony Cook (5 star), Derrik Allen (5 star), Houston Griffith (top 100)
S- Jaiden Woodbey (5 star, Wyatt Davis teammate)
ATH- Blue Smith (top 100)

This list will of course change, players will decline and others will rise, new names emerge as names we know now will disappear or pick someone else. And with most of these recruits being from out of state, you never know what will happen. They all could end up elsewhere, but right now Ohio State is in the top 3 for every recruit listed and leads for some as well.

I would love to see Jaelen Gill transfer to IMG for his senior season. He would receive much better coaching and play much better competition than right now.

Jalen Hall will be one to watch, he comes from a school just 15 minutes from USC, but in a recent interview, he stated that no other school is recruiting him harder than Ohio State. Meyer and Zach Smith are all over him and it's easy to see why. He's the #1 WR in the 2018 class. He will be on campus this summer after schools out.

Matthew Jones is a monster on the defensive line, but the word is Ohio State is recruiting him as an offensive guard. Now that could change but either way I expect him to be a Buckeye.

Micah Parsons has visited Ohio State twice in the past month. We are the only school that could flip him from Penn State as of now.

Anthony Cook may not be a name that most people know, but he's a 5 star corner out of Houston, TX. A poster in the know, down in Houston on Rivals said that Ohio State has a comfortable lead for him right now. Meyer and company made a stop to see him while on their Texas swing.

There are only 4 Ohioans on my list for now, but I expect to see more Ohio names pop up as Junior tapes get out and camps roll around.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 408 Comments