Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Reality: The odds of being a "blue chip" high school football recruit.

+3 HS
Urbz4President's picture
June 14, 2016 at 2:56pm
12 Comments

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/2/2/10879624/recruiting-stars-rankings-high-school-football

Yeah, I know, an SB nation article, but numbers don't lie. I was curious earlier today about what defines a "blue-chip" recruit, and the consensus I've found was one who is ranked four-stars or higher. It seems, in the last few years at least, that OSU's roster is filled with almost exclusively blue chip guys. If anyone is bored this afternoon, feel free to break down the current OSU roster and tabulate the number of blue chippers on our squad. 

Anyhow, this article (yes, several months old) breaks down the likelihood of any one high school football player becoming a blue-chip recruit... 0.13%. Meaning our roster is comprised of mostly the top 99.85% percentile of high school players.

We are easily spoiled under Meyer with an absolute embarrassment of riches. I think this helps to put into perspective as to how good we have it. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments