Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Why choose TTUN? (How they manage to pick up top notch recruits despite being mediocre)

0 HS
BangkokBuckeye's picture
January 3, 2016 at 9:27am
42 Comments

I had always wondered how, year after year, we'd lose a would-be-perfect-for-our-team, top-notch recruit to TTUN. The recruit would often talk a bunch of smack (there will be blood) when they arrive at TTUN. Then these top notch recruits end up losing to us for most, if not all of their 3-4 years.  Why would they choose to go there rather than to tOSU? After all, since we were blessed with Tressel, and later Urban, TTUN has become our whipping boy. Sure they have great academics up there, but the gap between the two schools has narrowed significantly (thank you Gordon Gee). They have great tradition, but so do we. They have great facilities, but so do we. They have the whole *ichigan Man thing, but that has become less and less relevant over the years. Are they afraid of the competition? I doubt it. What then?

One day, I was thinking about children's movies and stories and I realized something. Perhaps the recruits are being sold on a fairy tale. OSU has become the big, bad dragon that came out of nowhere and lives down south. For a  generation, this dragon has come to ravage TSUN's once wondrous and magical kingdom. Only you Sir  (enter recruit's name here) can come to save us and restore the kingdom to its previous glory...

I think a big part of why this seems to happen is that these kids get sold on the idea that they are the Knight to save the kingdom from this great curse down south - they have a Savior Complex. 

While I am not saying that Harbaugh is in the same category as RichRod and Hoke, there does seem to be a recurrent theme when it comes to recruits. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to some of our boys earning big paychecks in a couple of months. Go Bucks!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments