Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Top 50-100

0 HS
All-NEO69's picture
March 27, 2015 at 6:17pm
19 Comments

Few asked for it , most don’t want it but i’m doing it anyways so get your cookies ready ! I will be listing out the players who ranked 50 through 100 that , either, are committed to OSU or interested in the Buckeyes. Now unlike yesterday's list there isn’t one player that I feel we don’t have a chance at landing. So instead of breaking them into groups i will just give a rundown on them individually.

List is in order from 50 through 100:

Josh King - DE : Josh will be visiting this upcoming Monday and this could be our chance to all but seal the deal. He will get plenty of 1-on-1 time with both Urban and LJ which is always something that goes along way with recruits and their family’s. Right now we are the hands down favorite to land the #1 player from Illinois. ND was considered a some what close second but, after King failed to visit the irish this past weekend, it would appear the gap has greatly increased. When asked about why he didn’t make it out to ND King stated “I wasn’t really planning on going on that visit”. I dont know about you guys but that seems like only good news for us. I expect King to commit sometime early in the summer, possibly sooner depending on how well Monday goes.

Jauan Williams - OT : Williams is in the heart of Terpin Country and will be hard for the Buckeyes to pull him away from DC but luckily for us Larry Johnson is well connected and extremely respected with High school coaches and their players throughout Maryland. LJ should be able to find success once again in Maryland and get Williams to commit to the Buckeyes! It won’t be an easy battle however, Maryland coaching staff is putting in a HUGE amount of time with Jauan in hopes of keep the states top ranked player at home.  Some think Alabama will be able to pull him to the south like they did with 2015 OT Isaiah Prince but i feel Jauan will stay in the North. This will most likely come down to OSU and Maryland. The only thing that will do damage to our chances of landing Jauan is if we land a few more OL commitments before he makes his decision .

George Hill - RB : Hill was the first commit in the 2016 class and thats not going changing . Despite recent CB predictions that Hill will be jumping ship and joining msu there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has come from inside the program or from Hill himself that suggest he is rethinking his commitment to the Buckeyes so until that changes everyone can relax.

Dwayne Haskins - QB : Haskin was once tied as the top QB for the 2016 class but has fallen down the board to the #3 spot. As of now we are still in good standing with the Maryland product but in the next 2 weeks that could drastically change, for better or worse. As most of you know Tristian Wallace will be visiting this weekend and could leave committed to the Buckeyes and then in 2 weeks Jarrett is set to announce where he will play college ball. Depending on what happens with those two will greatly affect Haskin and his recruitment. Out of everyone on this list Dwayne is the second least likely, imo, to join the ‘16 class due to the situation with the other 2 QBs .

Jake Hausmann - TE : Personally i think this kid is going to be a big part of the offense and will getting snaps as a true freshman . We’re in no danger of losing his commitment either

Prince Sammons - DE : Prince is taking his time and enjoying his recruitment as any player should but at the end of the day hes going to be a Buckeye. With LJ and Coombs recruiting the massive cinncinati native i can’t see any other school being able to come in and sway him away from the Good Guys.

Brendan Ferns - ILB : Ferns is an interesting recruit with an interesting situation . He is an Ohio native and fan of the Buckeyes but he has ties to West Virgin , the school most believe will challenge us for his commitment. Also WV has a better educational program that he is considering majoring in then OSU has . Thats not as important as the other reason he is considering WV, the most important is Brendans brother who is currently a LB for the mountaineers. Now family is a strong pull for recruits (example: Joey&Nick) and could make this a very interesting race down the stretch. Along with his brother the mountianeers will be trying to convince Fern that our depth chart is deep for him to play early. while thats a fair arguement my counter is simply Raekwon Mcmillan. Schools said the same thing to him about our depth but that didn’t stop him from getting snaps and i don’t see it being a problem for Fern either. He is a competitor and Buckeye at heart, i believe he ends up here but until he does keep a close eye on WV.

Nigel Warrior - S : i know 3 things and only 3 things about this kid. 1 - he grew up watching the Buckeyes and liked the way we’ve been able to constantly win over the years. 2 - he’s a southern boy and will be next to impossible to pull him away from home. 3 - He has the greatest name for a football player ever. Thats all i know , anyone who could give me an update on him please do. last i heard he visited last july but i dont how it went.

Liam Einchenberg - OT : Some think that Liam will be leaving OSU this weekend commit to the Buckeyes and i am amongst them . He has a great relationship with Ed and has been a Buckeye fan his whole life, i can’t see him going anywhere else not even ND who already found success in Ohio with OTs.

Ahmir Mitchell - ATH : Despite the fact that Ahmir hasn’t made a trip to Columbus we are second only to the Scarlet Knights for this NJ product. All that will change this weekend when Ahmir and other Top NJ recruits make the trip to OSU . If we have been able to keep a strong lock on the #2 spot without a visit i can’t imagine he leaves without putting us above Rutgers. His recruitment could have a beautiful ripple effect that could see us getting another leg up in the recruitment of Rashan Gary and other NJ recruits.

Justin Layne - WR : There are a lot of reason to just assume that Layne will end up in Columbus . For starters his former teammate Baker is now a Buckeye, Benny has been a steady pipeline for OSU over the years, and Ohios best are suppose to be Buckeyes ! But in my gut i just can’t feel comfortable about this , MSU has made leaps and strides and has lit a fire under Laynes recruitment . I believe he is still a lean towards the good guys but if we arent careful we may see another top Ohio prospect leaving the state.

Out of these 11 recruits listed , 9 have yet to commit to the Buckeyes or others. Out of those 9 there will be 6 that sign with us.  I think we land King, Williams ,Sammons ,Fern ,Einchenberg, and Mitchell . There is still lots of time for that to change but i feel Layne ends up with Sparty , Haskin will go to Maryland after we land either Wallace or Jarrett, and Warrior is just too deep in SEC country to get him up north for good. As a side note, i think Fern and Layne could go either way at this point but Fern just feels like a Buckeye where Layne seems like he wants to go else where .

Well everyone, that is the breakdown of the recruits rank 50 through 100. Go ahead and finish your cookie and then feel free to comment and let me know what you think and how much you hate me for actually doing this again:)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments