Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 #2 CB Kevin Toliver & #2 RB Jacques Patrick

305Buck's picture
August 20, 2014 at 1:33pm
21 Comments

Will officially visit Ohio State for the Virginia Tech Game.

Toliver previously visited Ohio State during the summer of 2013 with teammate and former commit Ben Edwards, and teammate Jeffery Holland, and he loved the visit.

It's doubtful that he flips from LSU, but this visit gives Ohio State a chance to make their pitch for him.

Patrick has Florida State out front, with Alabama #2 and Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and others behind those two.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Nice opportunity for the Buckeyes to get some love, but this kid ain't flippin' from LSU unless something really bad happens at LSU.

305Buck's picture

Agreed. I had hope when Edwards was a commit, but the little hope I had flew out the window once Edwards decommitted.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Kevin Toliver‏@Toliver_Era
I would go to ohio state if it didn't get so cold up there.
5:56 PM - 3 Jan 2014

Toliver's tweet from earlier this year in January.

+4 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Nicky Sualua used to walk around campus in shorts and flip flops all winter.  It doesn't get cold here, that's a myth.  False propaganda by the SEC and ESPN.

+5 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

In his defense, the first week of school last semester, when the wind chill was -25 or -30 I was seriously considering transfering as far south as I could, like Key West Community College south. 

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+5 HS
BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

My second son was almost named Corbin, after Corbin Dallas.  My family would have loved it.

In Urban We Trust

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I hear they have some top-notch medical schools in the Caribbean with real cheap tuition. They wouldn't lie, right?

buckeyeboy31's picture

That is correct.

sin,

mh277907's picture

I hope for his sake that Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore, New England, New York, New York, Buffalo, Chicago, or Green Bay doesn't draft him.

buckeyebobcat

+8 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Or Philadelphia, Minnesota, Kansas City and Denver! Lets not forget domes located in Cold cities Indy, Detroit.

+2 HS
mh277907's picture

I knew I was missing a few.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Then if your team is in a warm weather location and you make the playoffs, odds are you'll still encounter quite a bit of cold.

Barnsey69's picture

Yes, but he will be getting paid in the pros, unlike he would in college.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

Squirrel Master's picture

hence why we need more bowl games up north. then when the wimps down south can't take it and lose all the time, players will see they need to be a northern team to compete.

anyone can play in Orlando, come to Minnesota in January!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Bowl games are meant to be a vacation for the players/fans. No way they'd sell out an outdoor game in Minnesota in January. It's a bad idea.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Squirrel Master's picture

The superbowl seemed to do alright in NY in February. I think the players/fans will find a way to make it to a meaningful bowl game if it was up north in the cold. Chicago is a cold weather city, people vacation there. even during the winter.

and I'm not talking about selling tickets, I'm talking about players figuring out that its not all about playing in nice weather. Even if its warm, sometimes you have to play in a windstorm.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

305Buck's picture

#2 RB Jacques Patrick will also be visiting for that game. His top two is Florida State & Alabama, with Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State and others running behind those two.

dubjayfootball90's picture

At least they will be on campus during a rowdy atmosphere. Anything can happen. Lets hope for the best.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.