Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Mike Weber to TTUN

sivaDavis's picture
August 6, 2014 at 9:37pm
109 Comments
Knarcisi's picture

Scott to Sparty, Weber to scUM, Harris to the good guys. Just the way the chips fall, and I'll take our pile of chips. 

+36 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Just based on the recruiting film, I prefer Harris over the other 2.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

tennbuckeye19's picture

I assumed he would end up at either UM or Sparty.

Sebastian's picture

I guess going 7-5 was too good to pass up

+16 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Looks as though he has also "commited" to Michigan's inability to spell.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+15 HS
M Man's picture

Nothing good ever happens on Twitter.

+26 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Well, lookie here, something we can fully agree on! ;)

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

sivaDavis's picture

You have 115,109 fans waiting for you....

They had 115k fans attend ONE game... and the rest were probably under or around 90k. 

Anyway good luck to Mike. Sucks because it seemed he wanted to be a Buckeye but other fish were in play. I'm guessing Damien Harris wanting to be the only RB in the class was true and actually would effect him more than we thought. Scott and Weber both elsewhere.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Katzfan's picture

Why cant we get em all tho... like Bama... :(

703Buckeye's picture

Bama doesn't get them all...

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+28 HS
M Man's picture

They had 115k fans attend ONE game... and the rest were probably under or around 90k. 

You made me look it up, which is always good.  Thanks a bunch, Wikipedia!

Rank Attendance Date Game Result

1. 115,109 Sept. 7, 2013 Michigan 41, Notre Dame 30
2. 114,804 Sept. 10, 2011 Michigan 35, Notre Dame 31
3. 114,132 Nov. 26, 2011 Michigan 40, Ohio State 34
4. 113,833 Oct. 20, 2012 Michigan 12, Michigan State 10
5. 113,718 Nov. 19, 2011 Michigan 45, Nebraska 17
6. 113,511 Nov. 30, 2013 Michigan 41, Ohio State 42
7. 113,090 Sept. 4, 2010 Michigan 30, Connecticut 10
8. 113,065 Oct. 9, 2010 Michigan 17, Michigan State 34
9. 113,016 Nov. 17, 2012 Michigan 42, Iowa 17
10. 112, 784 Oct. 16, 2010 Michigan 28, Iowa 38
+6 HS
Buck Wild's picture

Thank god for Notre Dame...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

sivaDavis's picture

Soooo anyway.... I was right? Cause I'm not counting The Game because honestly OSU filled up about 65% of that stadium. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+8 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I assumed you meant last year not all time attendance records.

Last year looked like:

Central 112,618
Notre Dame 115,109
Akron 107,120
Minnesota 111,079
Indiana 109,503
Nebraska 112,204
The Game 113,511

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

These are the real #s...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

M Man's picture

I had forgotten that last year's non-OSU attendance numbers were so strong.  With a total of 781,144 in attendance for an average of 111,592, we were #1 in the nation.  

Props to OSU last year; the #2 attendance-program in the nation, even with a home schedule that did not include The Game and in which the only consequential home games were versus Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn State (and with a home non-conference slate of Buffalo, San Diego State and FAMU) the Buckeyes had a home crowd average of 104,000+.  More than Ohio Stadium's listed capacity of 102,000.

+4 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Since it's on wikipedia, it must be true.  I was AT the game up there, last season.  NO WAY IN HELL, 113k people were in attendance.

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

You do realize it's easy to fact check Wiki entries based on their sources right? People use wikipedia as it's easy to search and it's formatted well. If you want to verify the info people post from wiki, simply follow the links to the sources before throwing out any claims using wikipedia info as false.

And PAID attendance is the official number used for attendance figures....OSU and every other team in the country across all sports use the same figures. OSU has had games where the paid attendance was way higher that what actually attended the game.

Seattle Linga's picture

It helps with the attendance when they add in the "Buy One Get Nine Free" packages.

+3 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Number 6 is my favorite.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

seafus26's picture

I was at The Game. No way there was even 100,000. An entire  corner was empty, about midway up and all the way to the top of the bowl. The first quarter, that whole corner's endzone was VERY sparsely filled. 

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

+1 HS
blueinsconsin's picture

It was very disappointing to lose Damien Harris, but getting Ty Isaac and now Mike Weber helps.  I have been very pleased with the last two RB classes and transfers.

Not here to troll...Go Blue

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

He also has a declining student section waiting for him. The student attendance has dropped every year for the last few years and is expected to continue to drop.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
ElGato69's picture

The only way Weber would see 115k+ in the Big House this year is if he attended a ManU-Real Madrid soccer match.

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I read the 115,109 fans was their total number of fans.  Not how many show up to the game because we all know the bowl is half filled with the opposing teams colors.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

115,109 fans? That'll be hard to match when your student section is only half full.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+15 HS
tdible2132's picture

I hate to say it but props to them. Really like the class they are putting together and considering the way things are going up there these days I can't help but be impressed. They are the presumed leader for some really good prospects too. Could end up with close to the best avg star rating for recruits when the classes are wrapped up. I Really get the feeling classic top ranked Michigan v. OSU battles could be right around the corner again, and I can't complain about that as long as we can maintain the upper hand.

+4 HS
robobuck's picture

That will never happen as long as Brady the Hoke is their coach. He is not an elite coach. Period.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+13 HS
OSU069's picture

Brady Joke is the coach. There is no way that stuff is going to happen. 

-2 HS
logamaniac's picture

short of some great strides made by the team or a severe blow to the head of the AD, hoke won't be there in february when letters of intent get signed unfortunately.

will be interesting to see who harbaugh will want to keep and who he will be able to poach from other teams.

-2 HS
OSU069's picture

Harbaugh? Ya right.

+2 HS
logamaniac's picture

What makes you think it's not likely?  It's well documented he wanted it last time, he's having contract issues in SF and he would be THE premier option in all of football and more than likely the AD would be given the financials to make all concessions. The only thing that could prevent this would be his wife. Of course maybe hoke has a great season and it's a moot point

What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

You keep getting down voted but I did a whole forum topic on this…..

I don't think it is crazy at all.  Not to say it will happen but I don't think it is farfetched.  Per star average they have like the 3rd best class in the country.  What do you think a coach like Harbaugh does with the talent brought in.  And like it or not, they have brought in talent.

Obligatory disclosure:   Yes I know star rankings don't always matter.  However we all know 4 and 5 stars have higher chances of being All Conference or All American.  I also know people on here sometimes fret if we take "only" a 3 star.  But this leads back to coaching in my opinion.  I don't think Hoke is great in that department, but Harbaugh sure is.

+1 HS
seafus26's picture

He's turned them down twice. Third time's the charm after they've slipped further way into obscurity? Maybe they'll get shamed by Les Miles and Greg Schiano again, too. My bet is, they are so far gone, they stoop to letting some one get their feet wet, learn on the job and get their first experience as a head coach when they move up from a coordinator spot. No major program does that. But we must remind ourselves, they haven't been relevant in years. In the past they'd target a coordinator or one of our assistants, wait for him to leave and have success as a head coach elsewhere and then bring him in as their own. If one of our assistants left now for a crack at a head gig at a MAC school. ScUM may not be able to pry him from the MAC school. Greener pastures and all...

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

M Man's picture

Tdible2132: Yeah, it looks like a high-quality class of 2015 for Michigan.  And yes, I think the balance of the remainder of this class will be as elite as the 10 or so we have so far.  But it is going to be a very small class.  Something like 17 or 18 kids, tops.

+6 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

How dare you say something positive about TTUN even if it is accurate. 

+7 HS
Prickly_Pete's picture

I have been impressed with Hoke's recruiting classes, but I have not been impressed with what he has done with all that talent.  He doesn't seem to develop the players the way other elite coaches do. 

+1 HS
hawkins.326's picture

Do you think there's a reason the UM graphic designer decided to put him in an away uniform at the Big House? Sammy Silv would not have messed that one up.

+27 HS
PresidentMeyer88's picture

Haha that's awesome. First the spelling error and now this? TTUN can never get it  right. 

Mike Hunt

+4 HS
Codeezy's picture

Glad someone else caught this. That Photoshop job is bad all around honestly. I took two semesters of graphic design and photoshop focused courses, I'm not even that good I just know basics, and I could have done this in MSPaint. The jersey color is laughable. 

+6 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

This was a good theory until you realize that there are fans in the seats...

+5 HS
M Man's picture

Away-jersey-at-home = Wolverine facepalm.

+19 HS
Hovenaut's picture

"All-Amercian"

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
lljjgg's picture

I know people don't like to hear this, but I think it's a really good thing for the B1G. Top150 kid from Michigan who many were beginning to predict would head to USC. Have to keep these kinds of players in conference if we want to have competitive conference games to watch (I do).

Well, you know where you could show those mouthy Michigan fans what they're missing directly, Damien (hint: it's not at Kentucky) haha.

+6 HS
BroJim's picture

What do those tweets say, what meaning do they have? I literally cannot understand them. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

The way I read it: UM fan says now that they have Michael Weber, Damien Harris is a nobody/insignificant. Damien Harris laughs at him. Doesn't help or hurt OSU's case, that part I merely posted in jest.

+6 HS
OSUStu's picture

This is the classic "I'm over you" posturing that teenager girls have been failing to pull off for centuries. If Harris was insignificant, why would you bring him up?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+5 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

Translation:
"Mike Weber, hell yeah (awesome)! Go Blue! Damien Harris, who?"
A.k.a. Yay we got Weber; who cares about Damien?!

Followed by Damien's (sarcastic) "happy for you" reply.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+4 HS
BroJim's picture

Thank you, Thank you. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

You're not the only one, Jim.  I find it hard to read, too. I'm already falling out of touch. 

+2 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Well, you know where you could show those mouthy Michigan fans what they're missing directly, Damien (hint: it's not at Kentucky) haha.

Tweet at him. 

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+2 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

I know we have been primarily going after Damien Harris but wasn't it only a few months ago that Mike Weber was leaning to OSU and that we were discussing what would happen if Weber wants in when talking about Harris?

+1 HS
txbucknut's picture

I'm guessing the timing of his announcement just after Damien Harris leaving UM out of his top 5 is no coincidence. This means the Buckeyes pretty much have all their eggs in on Harris....let's hope he chooses the Scarlet & Gray. 

+5 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

Yep. Gotta hope this works.

+2 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

115,109 people? he plays soccer?

Go Bucks!

+9 HS
KingsRite's picture

Ohio State is Dope Bro...And there will be Blood...

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Our feelings  wont be hurt unless of course if we were to miss out on Harris. Then it would be an epic all your eggs in one basket type of situation. At one time we were the leader for Scott,Harris,and Weber. If we were to strike out on all 3 I dont think there would be any way to sugar coat it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
lljjgg's picture

With top50 RB George Hill already committed in the 2016 class and a legitimate shot at top50 Kareem Walker,  top100 Demario McCall (though some have argued he'd play the Dontre Wilson role), and 4* Robert Washington, I think the 2015 class would be the one missing on a RB wouldn't hurt too badly in. Especially considering that it looks like Curtis Samuel will be playing RB full-time (I assumed he'd play WR when OSU recruited him). 

Damien Harris would be a HUGE get, though. Obviously you'd like to get at least one top RB every class if you're lucky enough.

+1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

These are good points. But I think the main point being made was for 2015. Definitely no way to sugar coat 2015 RB recruiting if Harris doesn't commit.

+3 HS
osu407's picture

Don't forget Holyfield. That one may be a battle similar to Weber. 

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Elijah-Holyfield-Talks-About-Ohio...

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

Solid player. Wouldn't mind having him, but if he wants to be average.... NEXT. 

Buck-I4Life

-2 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

This is a tired reaction to not getting recruits. How in the world do you take his commitment to mean that he wants to be average. This is probably one of the most exciting days of his life. He picked the wrong team but it says absolutely nothing about what he wants to make of himself.

+8 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Joshua Alabi, time to step up your recruiting game. I expect a signed LOI to OSU come next NSD.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I don't really care. I was more upset about Larry Scott.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+11 HS
Poison nuts's picture

^^^

+1 HS
Mi.Buckeye's picture

Weber should reach out to Mike Hart and ask him what it feels like to lose to the Buckeyes his entire career or perhaps he should just wait and he will find out.

+1 HS
Dayton Buckeye's picture

Good luck to Mike. Once Kentucky falls on their face this year, Harris will be ours.

+1 HS
GoBucksToledo's picture

So will they develop him the same way they developed their other 4* Derrick Green?

M Man's picture

Five-star, if you please.

Anyway, as a true sophomore, I think he's developing:

Green says Freshman year he was at 248 pounds and 27% body fat; and that he is now at 220 pounds with only 9% body fat.

Jdadams01's picture

Man, Green really stopped trying to stay in shape after his senior of high school:

+3 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

he may be developing physically, but I don't remember that being an issue.  i remember production being an issue.  270 yards on the season.

+4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Eddie George had production/fumbling issues early in his career....he turned out to be a slightly above average player for OSU.

Just sayin.

The Rill Dill's picture

^^Always defending any Michigan post is very annoying. Just sayin.  ^^

+1 HS
hodge's picture

Correction: Cincy always defends logic.  And it's very refreshing, if you ask me.

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Rill - The inability to think objectively without looking through team colored glasses is VERY annoying. Just saying.

It's OK to give UM credit when it's due....it doesn't make you less of an OSU fan.

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Maybe i'm missing something, but it just looks like he's relaxed in one picture, and flexin' in the other.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
vitaminB's picture

It looks like they just greased him up over the summer.

+8 HS
LouGroza's picture

If you look closely at the pic that is exactly the case BvsW. He is sucking in his gut and there is a fold of fat on his stomach. Urban pushes slightly faster 40 times and Hoke pushes down body fat %. Think it's a mental thing with weight loss up north.

-1 HS
GoBucksToledo's picture

247 had Green as a 4*, as they have Weber.  Apples to apples my friend.

http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Recruits

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

Is it 1983 in Michigan right now?

CC's picture

He may be, but so is Josh Perry.

All Green will know is failure...

-1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

And Holy Crap! He got a new haircut! Just like Joshua Perry!

J.Mo's picture

Why is he wearing the road jersey while at home? 

+2 HS
Barnsey69's picture

He said he liked the way the depth chart looked, and he wanted to restore greatness to the RB position at ttun. The first statement makes sense from a recruiting mindset, and potential playing time early, versus OSU which is stacked.

I do not know what he is talking about with regard to the second comment...

Regardless, Kwon is gonna squash him like a bug.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

Yeah, what greatness at the RB position does he speak of? UM has Tom Harmon and that's about it. OSU is pretty much RBU with 6 Heisman trophies to show for it.

-2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Mike Hart, Chris Perry, Anthony Thomas, Tyrone Wheatley, Tim Biakabutuka....

These were some pretty good/great college RB's. Not nearly as good as OSU, but still a very respectable history at the position.

-2 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Agree for the most part.  I have a hard time letting Mike Hart have any credit though... it's hard to separate the skill from the @sshole factor.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

luckynutz's picture

Aside from one day against Ohio State, what did Biakabatuka do that was so impressive? Wheatley was a freaking nightmare...a brutal combo of power and speed. Thomas had some solid days. Same with Perry. But I was never impressed with Hart...set aside the incessant diarrhea of the mouth. He just never really did anything that wowed me. And if thats the sample size you have to offer, you are doing it wrong. This isnt me looking through scarlet tinted glasses. This is me looking at the number of impressive backs Tress alone recruited/coached. Its about the same number as you mentioned as their "History."

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

1) I never said they had better backs than OSU. 

2) I only mentioned backs from the last 15-20 years.

3) Biakabutuka holds the UM single season rushing record so there's that, plus he was good. 

4) Hart may have been a mouthy prick, but he was a VERY talented RB(and we shut his ass down 3 out of 4 years). He had over 5000 career rushing yards and that's missing most of his soph season.

-2 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Mich being Mich with horrid graphic designs. When will they understand the minor details up North? Good Luck Weber. We truly look forward to watching you on the sidelines these next few years champ!!

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

FROMTHE18's picture

good player, but Michigan is a place where 5 and 4 star prospects go to become 2 star college players. 

-1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Ok, all the eggs are now firmly in the one basket. High risk high reward...

+3 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

People calling out the away jersey at home makes me wonder if I've always been this dim (I would have never noticed) or if I've just partied too hard. I'm gonna go with the former because the latter would just be depressing. :p

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

So michigan wear's their away uniforms at home?

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

npeterson5's picture

115,109 *seats. Fans, not so much.

+5 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I know, right? Can't fill up that stadium....

A game isn't occurring in this picture either.

How Firm Thy Friendship

M Man's picture

Uh, that's the Spring Game. 

#FailedRidicule

-2 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

What's the difference?

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+6 HS
buckskin's picture

Weber in 4 years: all I have known against Ohio State is failure. Be like Mike.

+3 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

#GoBlow

Can't wait for Kwon to pop him like a zit.

In all seriousness, though, best of luck up there.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Great pick up for the Wolverines and, I think, good news for us regarding Harris. Like QBs, I think RBs like to know they are a top priority and the Scott, Weber, Harris mix of a month ago seems to be working itself out.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Can't get them all. He's from TSUN, so you have to cut him a little slack, I guess.

toledobuckeyefanjim's picture

So what, Buckeye fans? Our running backs are better than theirs.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Harris is better