Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 OL James Daniels Decison Date/Time Set

pdpepper's picture
July 30, 2014 at 9:37pm
9 Comments

2015 OL James Daniels, from Warren, Ohio, is set to decide tomorrow (Thursday) at 11 am between what is widely assumed Iowa and Ohio State.  He is crystal balled to Iowa at 52%, Ohio State 42%, so this is obviously very close.  His brother is a RB at Iowa, while his dad played for Ohio State in the 1990's.  Does the 11W staff have any thoughts on which way this may go?

MN Buckeye's picture

All of the recent crystal ball predictions lean heavily in favor of IA.

Poison nuts's picture

Pretty sure saw where some of the recruiting guys here predict he's headed to Iowa. We'll see...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Remington2323's picture

Birm expressed his thoughts on this one two days ago.

DMcDougal24's picture

Iowa it is. 

ohio gf's picture

Not bitter...wish him well, except against the Buckeyes....but the Bucks will be just fine.

sivaDavis's picture

Gotta ask the question, He committed to Iowa OVER Bama and OSU? I know who he is, have heard and read stories on here, but was the offer truly committable? Or did OSU want to slow play this one, have him wait while they see where they stood with some other guys higher on the list and then make it committable?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

DMcDougal24's picture

You don't usually see non-committable offers handed out in Ohio. He was the only OL in Ohio to receive an offer. He's a legacy (father played at OSU) and I think the staff would have taken him. 

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Thanks for the response man. And yeah it was just something I was pondering. I know his father played here and it seemed at one point he really was into OSU. No offense to Iowa, but if I have a chance to "take my talents" to a school like Ohio State or Alabama, I might need to sit and really really think about it. But again, who knows, maybe he didn't wanna follow in his dad's footsteps or he might have realized that he might not get too much playing time at Bama? I'm not sure. Just had to ask the question. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

whiskeyjuice's picture

Good luck to him.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs