Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

updates at FNL?

WezBuck28's picture
July 25, 2014 at 9:40pm
123 Comments

For those who were unfortunate, and could not make it to FNL, can any of you provide any insight as to what's going on, who's standing out etc...thanks in advance for tour help! Its killing me not knowing what's going on!

WOLFofOHIO's picture

josh alibi commited and moore a 4 star tight end....so far..VICTORY!!!

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+2 HS
rdubs's picture

Everyone is committing, like everyone seriously everyone... But seriously:

+7 HS
KBonay's picture

I'm sure if you check the forum you will find several topics already running on FNLs

rdubs's picture
+5 HS
rdubs's picture
+15 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I hope that was somehow an accidental down vote, this is gold.

rdubs's picture
+6 HS
CC's picture

That's awesome!  Love CK!

His advice?  Just be the most clutch player in your school's history!

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

From what ive read, Torrance Gibson seems to be really enjoying himself.

Buckeye fan from PA

+2 HS
rdubs's picture
+13 HS
WezBuck28's picture

This looks amazing!

+3 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Official recruiting ambassador Justin Hilliard

+8 HS
rdubs's picture

Like I said, everyone:

+6 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Who was the guest speaker?

oregonianbuckeye's picture

Not sure I saw one. Larry Johnson talked for the longest of any one coach. 

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Mike Doss spoke.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+11 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

I just got chills reading his name... love me some Mike Doss the Boss!

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

whiskeyjuice's picture

Keep the updates, errr, ummm, I mean recruits coming!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
JasonR's picture

They always have "pump-up" videos for the recruits to watch. There was one where they showed video of the offseason conditioning, set to that song Radioactive. I seriously wanted to run through a wall after watching it. Anybody else catch that?

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

I told my wife the same thing.  It was definitely an intense video.

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

A water wall?  I know where you can find one

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture

Probably this:

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+2 HS
JasonR's picture

That's actually not it, although this one is good too. The one I saw focused on lifting weights. Had footage of Coach Mick and players wrestling tires away from each other and stuff. I'm still pumped up weeks later!

My thoughts. 

1) Malik Hooker gets big props for hanging out a ton with Whitehead. 

2) Hilliard looks like a man on a mission. He bounced around from Gibson to Whitehead to other high level targets.

3) Danny Clark was the biggest QB there, and looked great. How is that guy class of 2017????

+9 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I concur. Danny Clark looked amazing.

+4 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

On point three, danny Clark is going to be a monster. I am very excited to follow him over the next few years. Wishing him nothing bbut success

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
WOLFofOHIO's picture

what next Mr. gibson....

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+5 HS
Woodshed's picture
+4 HS
OSU069's picture

Sorry if this is stupid, but what does this mean exactly?

Woodshed's picture

Someone claiming Sweat showed up.

Which seems unlikely that no one has said anything but this one guy.

gumtape's picture

Josh sweat is the jadaveon clowney of this class. Would be the biggest "get" of the year for the whole country.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

As awesome as it would be to get Sweat, I still say Hilliard is a bigger get this year. I would also include Gibson because he could help bring in guys like Kirk.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Jbuckham94's picture

Yeah, I feel like someone would recognize Sweat if he were there. A 6'5" guy with dreads kinda catches your attention haha.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+2 HS
JasonR's picture

I watched the QBs for a while...two observations. Danny Clark is the real deal. That kid can flat out THROW. Gibson had some good passes and some bad passes. Looked like he was always throwing behind receivers on slant routes. But had nice touch on the deeper routes. At least that was my view.

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Any feedback on Burrow?

mtrotb's picture

I don't think he took part.

mtrotb

You are correct, sir. Most of the commits did not participate. I saw Hilliard, Cornell, Dean, Burrow, and Connor all on the sidelines. EGW was out there though, sans Superman shirt this year. 

+1 HS

Liam McCollough also participated, although most of the time he spent was with Cameron Johnson and Collier practicing his snapping.

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Liam McCollough also participated, although most of the time he spent was with Cameron Johnson and Collier practicing his snapping.

I like hearing that.

Woodshed's picture

Ok thanks guys. I thought I read that he was competing. 

PittBuckeye's picture

That's too bad, that made him one of my favorite recruits. To show up to a camp full of the best of the best and rock a superman shirt, and dominate. Balls.

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

For some reason I didn't think he was going to be there. I didn't see him if he was. Wish I had though, I wanted to see him throw. Clark and Gibson were in a group together so I was mostly watching those two.

mtrotb's picture

I was there.  Austin Mack-2016 and Cager are big time Wideouts.  Urban spent a lot of time with Mack.  Mack kept wanting to go 1 on 1 with Williams.  Mack is the real deal.

mtrotb

+3 HS
Woodshed's picture

I want Cager offered!!

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

want granted!

+6 HS
Woodshed's picture

Haha, Adam beat me to it!

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

I am trying this again.

I want Layne offered!!

+2 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

Ant timetable on an offer for CJ Conrad if it is coming?

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

Woodshed's picture
+1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Ouch!  Feel bad for the dude if true.

+6 HS
rdubs's picture

Yeah, good on him for coming out and competing, but I guess it doesn't seem to have worked out for him and OSU.  I hope he has a great career.

+5 HS
Woodshed's picture
The Rill Dill's picture

The kid is huge, plays hard, and had great hands tonight.  Why would anyone think that he had to get an immediate offer tonight?  Lots of stuff goes on 'behind the scenes'.

chicagobuckeye's picture

Because coaches see him in person and can have him perform whichever routes they want and have him workout however would help him best. It would be unlikely from here on that many player receive an offer particularly if they were at fnl

Toilrt Paper's picture

Didn't read on here last night that CJ didn't have a very good night?

WhySoSerious's picture

left? lol good luck at Kentucky.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

-10 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

I got down voted why?  cause he's an ok kid?

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

-10 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Nope probably because you were mocking a kid who obviously wanted a buckeye offer. He didn't get it. Good luck to him, but laughing at him doesn't accomplish anything. 

+8 HS
Buck Commander's picture

5⭐️ RB Damien Harris saying he and 5⭐️ DE Josh Sweat might be future teammates on Twitter. 

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+10 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

"Because we couldn't go for three"

+7 HS
osu407's picture

Did Sweat get a twitter or is this another fake?  If it is a fake, Harris probably knows and is just messing with people. 

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Ryan Ginn ‏@RyanGinnBSB 11s
CJ Conrad just walked out if Ohio Stadium with a hoodie over his head. Did not talk to the media.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Curious to know the timing from Josh Moore's commitment to CJ Conrad's departure...

Hate Week runneth over

Josh Moore committed around 8 pm or so. Urban talked with him at midfield for at least 15-20 minutes. Then Josh Moore left. CJ Conrad participated in the whole camp, and left around 10:30.

+2 HS
edr4225's picture

The secret weapon: Stacy Elliot talking to Gibson

lets go bucks!!

+11 HS

The Civilian Closer.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+6 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

Ohio State should put Eze's dad on the payroll, he does a lot of good work for OSU football. His son will be a Soph this year. Why would he drive all they way from St.Louis for Saturday Night Lights? Other than to help with recruiting. Maybe he is on the payroll.

-2 HS
hobochops987's picture

Lawrence Cager has received an offer.

Trust in UFM

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Justin Hilliard is the man! 

+6 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Braxton talking with Gibson

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+17 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

I was looking crazy hard at all the current buckeyes in attendance.  Jalin Marshall (if healthy) is going to be a terror for defenses this year.  Dude definitely looks the part.  So did Jalyn Holmes and Demetrius Knox

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Meech looked like he had a couple of tree trunks for legs. Huge . . .

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Nice!

+5 HS

Beat me to it!  +1

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Let's see a couple 16' commits!!!

WezBuck28's picture

Its good to be a buckeye right now!!

Fly Patterns's picture

Am I the only one who is cycling through birm, rowland, wagner, and Brandon tweets and forum posts like a mad man? Am I also the only one who can't make heads or tails of what the two commits from tonight mean for the rest of the class?

+5 HS
KINGxBUCK's picture

“indomitable in victory, insufferable in defeat.”

+13 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Something special is brewing in Columbus!

+6 HS
KingsRite's picture

Lets hope that is a sign of the future.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+4 HS
bbb's picture

OMG they're smiling!

ITWASME's picture
+3 HS
KINGxBUCK's picture

+14 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

I cant wait to read the tweets of all the Tennessee fans

Buckeye fan from PA

+5 HS
gumtape's picture

Come to think of it, where has BassDropper been? Hopefully he is out trolling some Auburn fans tonight.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+3 HS
KingsRite's picture

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
bbb's picture

No offense to Moore but why would we offer him over Conrad?

+5 HS

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone else brought up that he has multiple offers from Florida St., Auburn, and Mizzouri.  Three high profile teams with some prolific offenses.  Perhaps Urban and company felt his skill-set was better suited for the Buckeyes.

edit: up vote to counter the downers out there

+8 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Screw all of the star ranking obsessed DVers tonight. Congrats to Josh Moore! Love the Kid! I was hoping that he would be a Buckeye after that other "dope" dude chose that other school! He only started playing tight end last year and he is a very very good athlete for being his size. He has a wing span of a 7 footer. The kid beat cancer, he brought his Momma with him, he was all smiles the entire night and now he is a part of BuckeyeNation!!! 

+12 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Best offers for Moore: Auburn, Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas State, etc.

Best offers for Conrad: Arkansas, Duke, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Pittsburgh, Indiana

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Man, I'd take an offer from Frank Beamer any day if I couldn't get my dream offer.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

+5 HS
KingsRite's picture

+8 HS
KingsRite's picture

+8 HS
KingsRite's picture

+10 HS

+16 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Coach Tom Herman was particularly funny tonight. He was calling pass interference during the 1 on 1 matchups. One pass interference was so physical that Coach Herman threw everything that he was holding (like it was a penalty flag) and then threw his shirt and the shirt that he was wearing underneath that one.

+7 HS
osu407's picture

Say what you will about Gibson's ability to throw the ball, but it is pretty clear from the unabating smile that he is a very positive person who may be a great teammate if nothing else.  Someday he may consider himself lucky for experiencing the humbling events that are still not clear to the public, but supposedly caused some schools to back off of him as a recruit.  Personally, I've learned a great deal more from bad moments than good ones.  I think the same may have happened for Mr. Gibson.

+12 HS
KingsRite's picture

Tenn fans are already starting to implode on twitter. :D

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Anyone know the main Tennessee forum that I guess would be their MGoSuck/Eleven Warriors? Asking for a friend....

Edit: I found VolNation. 

Edit: I mean....my friend found VolNation. 

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

MGoSuck? Really? Replacing "blog" with "suck" really shows maturity.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-10 HS
Dips's picture

As opposed to TTUN is any different?

god urban you're so immature...

+5 HS

I call them scUM every chance I get. That doesn't mean I also say inapropiate jokes at Thanksgiving dinner and laugh at peepee jokes...

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I'm sorry, TheSucksOwl 

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Reading VolNation, you would think UT was the school that won 24 straight games.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Brunner32's picture

No mention of Damon Arnette on here, interesting. Damon raw but I liked him.

EGW was holding grabbing and getting beat all day, kept going in there at CB and getting beat again.

-4 HS
Woodshed's picture

He should be on offense anyway IMO.

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

EGW played that bad? You sure? I thought he had a good performance?

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

He did according to Jordan n the bucknuts guys n everyone else who was there cept this guy

O'Deez330
stark county football

+4 HS
Brunner32's picture

On offense he looked great!

On defense, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with those guys. I sat on the 40 yd line right in front of the WR/Cb one on ones, right next to the 247 Sports guys. They kept throwing EGW in in front of other guys in line, and EGW was basically tackling guys downfield.....every time. Just my thoughts, and just one section of drills so it's not a tell all.

+1 HS
KINGxBUCK's picture

For those who were there last night, how did Tyler Green perform?

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Here is an update, Gibson tweeted that he was having breakfast with Richmond this morning. I consider that great news considering I didn't know how long Richmond was staying.

Groveport Heisman's picture

While I want to feel that is good news it kind of bothers me that he is hanging with what is considered to be a Tennessee lean out of all people.Maybe Gibson can sway Drew to the good guys too who knows.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

lljjgg's picture

Richmond is an interesting case, though. Although I think you're accurate in calling him a Tennessee lean now, early on he looked like a sure thing in OSU's 2015 class. He rooted them on for months on twitter, chatted with OSU guys like Demetrius Knox and Jamarco Jones regularly, etc. So I think OSU still has a real shot at Richmond before it's all said and done.

+1 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

-2 HS