Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Nick Bosa

whiskeyjuice's picture
July 13, 2014 at 6:45am
46 Comments

If you haven't looked at recruiting tape for Nick Bosa, check it out!! He is only a sophmore and is already beasting at the high school level. Swat passes like a pro and holds St. Thomas Aquinas record for most sacks in a season (14).

whiskeyjuice's picture

Here is a link:  http://youtu.be/QR-CtD7DPgQ

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
DaveStephens's picture

I don't watch a ton of them, but that was the "easiest-to-watch" highlight film I've ever gotten through.  The color on black-on-white was money.  Highly suggested.

The Dude abides.

+2 HS
jonping67's picture

This kid is something special and some say he's further along than Joey. His first step is ridiculous and he explodes to the ball. I also hear he is all Buckeye, and it will be interesting to see if Joey stays for his senior year and plays 1 year with little bro.

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I'm starting to think you're trying to set the record for most posts by a new member in a short amount of time 

25 in the last 12 hours, almost entirely pictures, gifs, and videos

+12 HS
mtrotb's picture

Actually he is a junior and there are plenty of threads and mentions of him.  Everyone here knows of him.

mtrotb

+7 HS
Killer nuts's picture

You could probably post that last sentence under the Damien Harris thread he just made too

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I have noticed that new guys get crapped on. Not sure why that is. 

One of the reasons I became a member is because I will be out of town for work for the next couple months and since I'm a Buckeye fan and like to try to keep up with recruiting. 

Sorry to upset you. I didn't know that everybody here as seen the recruiting film on Harris and Bosa. 

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Not crapping on you. You'll get a feel for what warrants new forums and posts. The staff is second to none and has provided us with plenty of coverage and videos of Damien Harris and Nick Bosa amongst others so we're all mostly familiar with these guys and seeking new info. Welcome to the community!

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Thanks!! Good thing I stopped then. I watched Christian Kirk's vid and that blew me away too!!

I see people are bummed about Scott and Baker. And people are worried about not getting Sweat, but I'm seeing some pretty decent depth on DL and LB. Even though those are some good names/talent that OSU might be missing on, I think it would be ok to pick up a solid WR and RB like Harris and Kirk. 

What does OSU have left for scholarships? 5 or 6?

+4 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I get your point. Once upon a time I was the same way about repetitive posts. But I view this post as at least the OP is trying to bring relevant information. To me, these posts are light years better than the numerous off topic posts and .gif commenting. I've just given up. It's the internet, people will do what they want. But again, at least the poster is bringing ohio state related information instead of a topic about your favorite .gif

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It's all good, WJ.

Pro tip: Conduct a forum search before creating a new forum topic (or blog) post. No shame in resurrecting an old thread with fresh info. Not the norm, but it's an efficient way to share with others (unless of course you're looking for those extra helmet stickers for an original post). EDIT - Fromthe18 shared the same advice earlier in his post below.

I can't wait to see Joey the next couple of years, but Nick Bosa could be even better...amazing.

Welcome to the site!

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I thought pro tips were only available to the premium members?

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

For the most part.

But sharing of pro tips is a great way to ensure the premium lounge stays full of good people...;)

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Remington2323's picture

Ain't nothing wrong with a little hazing kid.

warosu's picture

Don't worry bout it, you'll get downvoted for your opinion

-3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I read a lot of stuff but nothing specific other than he is Joey's brother. Just looked up his video and was impressed. The highlights shown are from his sophmore year. His junior year hasn't started yet.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Anybody know anything about that Torrence Gibson kid from Florida?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+30 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Bosa, and a lot of other prospects including Harris (I saw you made a forum post about him as well) have been discussed quite often here at 11w. The answers to yours quest for opinions on them can easily be found by searching through the Recruiting Forum and finding the appropriate forum topics. Chances are (likely) you will find about 60 on Harris and probably 20 on Bosa. 

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

No worries, Whiskey.  You're a much better new member than "The Rick". 

-3 HS

You're no better making comments like this. Do yourself and all of us a favor and drop it please. 

+1 HS

Nope. Just trying to remind you about the "don't be a jerk" policy of the site. 

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Not a problem. Believe me, I was holding a lot back on him when he got out of control, out of respect for the site and members. 

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I wish him and Joey could play together!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Whiskey, allow me to help you understand the legend of Nick Bosa ...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/anything-else/2014/06/36843/nick-bosa

+6 HS
Crimson's picture

I have a feeling this is that stupid Chuck Norris type thread that some people find so humorous.  If you aren't into that kind of thing, don't click the link.

-1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

GlueFingers' Bosa stories are gold.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

It's like the sun. Don't look directly into it, but you can't look away. 

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Did somebody say Nick Bosa!?!?!

"Did I ever tell you about the time Nick Bosa sold me into slavery? He puts me on a ship to Thailand, right? And I'm chained to a pipe. Meanwhile, ol' Bosa, he's back in the States siring three beautiful children with my wife!"

" To Nick Bosa! A ten-foot-tall, two-ton son of a bitch who could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing!"

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

Yes, those horrible things.  *Sigh*

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

And on the 7th day, Nick Bosa created God. 

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

27 seconds into the action......... he uses the Pull and Drag method perfectly. When I used to coach High School Lineman - we taught that move but never once did I see that move used that effectively and with the ease he demonstrates.

Crimson's picture

Question: why isn't that defensive holding?  I don't know these kind of things.

Seattle Linga's picture

No - his hands are high and on the inside of the shoulderpads. He gained full control in just a matter of seconds.

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

I dont believe Ive ever seen defensive holding called on a lineman. They have the liberty to pull, grab, throw...everything but grabbing a face mask or head slaps. As long as the hands stay low, its all good.

thunderhawks51's picture

Defensive holding is typically called when a lineman grabs an offensive player to prevent him from getting to the second level.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Yea, I got called for defensive holding once in high school playing DE... Pretty embarrassing, haha

+4 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

Being a former offensive lineman and current coach... I'm all over it

703Buckeye's picture

Wanna know what's more embarrassing than being called for holding as a DE? Being called offsides as an OL... my coach looked at me and yelled across the field "what the f***!"

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

Posts two links about well known recruits and then posts highlight links, play for upvotes?

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Already covered. No worries, I won't post anymore highlight vids.

No need to get butthurt cause I'm new at 11W and making and ass of myself. 

If you read the thread you would have seen that killer nuts (plus others) gave me some 411 on the way things are here.

Now I think you are just posting an insult for UV's.

toad1204's picture

Internet fights, much like balltag, are things that nobody wins at.  I read the first half of it and decided it wasn't going anywhere, ergo the post.  Welcome and glad you're getting a better feel for things.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
DCBucki's picture

I guess I never checked out Nicks stats, 6'3" and 250lbs and that athletic as a Soph?? Kids going to be a stud at the next level from day 1!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

Buck my Nuts's picture

If Nick is just as good as Joey, I will be more than thrilled. Expecting him to be even better is asking almost too much considering Joey is borderline All-American already...

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I still am holding out a small glimmer of hope that Joey will stick around for his senior year just so he can play with Nick. I think it's a possibility at least. Imagine those two together on the same line. wow.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS