Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 LB Recruiting

ab1993's picture
July 11, 2014 at 4:18pm
13 Comments

Do you think we're done at linebacker now? I was talking to a friend earlier and we're pretty confident that Urban will end up with one of either SKL, Baker or Malik Jefferson. There's also Porter Gustin. I'm sure anyone of these guys has a spot open for them (just one, not all four). Is there anyone else to keep an eye on?

JDunc686's picture

I haven't heard much talk about Gustin and OSU, I know he is supposed to be an extraordinary athlete.  Have you seen anything about him being recruited by the Buckeyes?

KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

I'd say we're done. We've got pretty good depth at linebacker.

+3 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

I think we're probably done unless Malik Jefferson/Ricky DeBerry wants in or we flip Baker. The way this past week and the announcement this morning went down, I would say this probably isn't over. 

+1 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

I agree with this 100%

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

I think Gustin is too slow for what Meyer wants at linebacker.

UrbzRenewal's picture

Ummmmm

Gustin was No. 9 in the top 10 for SPARQ scores, with a 130.44, after he ran a 4.63 40-yard dash and posted a 34-inch vertical.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/notebook/_/page/OpeningDayTwo 

That's pretty quick for a 240lbs+ man. 

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

When I watched the SPARQ finals, pretty sure he ran a pair of 4.8 something 40's

UrbzRenewal's picture

The numbers for the championship were much slower across the board than the qualifying earlier in the day. That was a qualifying number.

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

I've heard Gustin is all-USC, but we should all know better than to presume a kid is a "lock" to anywhere, right?

As far as highlights, he's reminiscent of Katzenmoyer, if anyone need something to drool over.

PresidentMeyer88's picture

I guess the Jerome Baker situation proves nobody's a given. Hopefully we're able to flip Baker or end up with Kilby-Lane, Jefferson, or DeBerry. Even if we don't get another addition, I'm very happy with Conner and Hilliard.

Mike Hunt

+1 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

I think the only way we take another LB is if we flip Baker or pull a miracle with Jefferson. Regardless, we have other areas of need that are more important (DT, OL and WR).

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Speaking of DT, whats the latest wit Tim Settle? His highlight videos are beastly!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Crimson's picture

Birm said odds are low.