Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2016 ESPN Top 300 Released

305Buck's picture
July 8, 2014 at 2:58pm
21 Comments
305Buck's picture

Hill at #159 and Gerald at #233.

sharks's picture

*reads first name

*laughs uproariously

*is still sad he's a Browns fan

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
OSUpawn's picture

Same.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

No 5 stars??

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

305Buck's picture

I don't think ESPN does 5 stars until after their junior years, I could be wrong though. Usually the first 15 or 16 on the list would be 5 stars.

Each recruit they have in 5 star range seems about right. The only recruit who isn't a 5 star is Dredrick Snelson. Kid is way too high.

+1 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Nick Bosa at 23. I would say that's underrating him, but I think it's actually a GOAT code.

The Nick Bosa of Basketball
+3 HS
CC's picture

I haven't thought about MJ in a while.  He really was the GOAT.  What could have been had he played those 2 seasons in the middle of his career, I feel lucky to have watched him.  The NBA hasn't been in my wheelhouse since Artest went into the stands.

GABuckeye's picture

There are 35 guys in the top 300 from Georgia.  There is no excuse for why they aren't a top 5 team every year and playing for championships.

vitaminB's picture

I can think of one excuse.  It ryhmes with Mark Richt.

+3 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Richt definitely tends to do less with more than most coaches, but it is also possible that Georgia, while being a great football state, is maybe just a little over-hyped by these recruiting services.

Buck Wild's picture

Might have something to do w/ many of their recruiting analysts living in /around Atlanta...but what do I know...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

Katzfan's picture

I 1000% agree GABuckeye and have been saying that for years... That state is arguably just as fruitful as Florida and Texas on a given year.  We need to keep doing what Urbs is doing and hit that state hard every year!

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

Buckeye Knight's picture

UGA is what every top SEC team would be with no (less) cheating and oversigning. Richt tries to do it the right way, from what I've seen, certain other programs in his conference obviously do not.

Calgarybuck's picture

Auburn is only an hour away and there's just as many tide fans in Georgia as there are Bulldog fans.  Most of FSU's most dominate teams featured a tonne of South Georgia talent and most of it is closer to Tallahassee than it is to Athens.

MN Buckeye's picture

Liam Eichenberg is the top player out of Ohio here, but a recent scouting service had him as the #11 player in Ohio. Interesting.

+1 HS
Buck Wild's picture

Just like assholes...everyone has one...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Ohio is so loaded for next year, it seriously makes my head spin.  I can't wait until Urban starts reeling this big fish into the massive cement boat that happens to be shaped like a horseshoe.  So so so so stoked!

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

I'm not an engineer but I wouldn't recommend a boat made of cement.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Urban would make that boat float, you know it.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

Sauce Bauss's picture

Would you now....I believe the American Society of Civil Engineers begs to differ:

http://www.asce.org/m/concretecanoe/

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

I stand corrected. I will stay in my field of choice.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+1 HS