Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Daniel giddens

Sims_tOSU's picture
July 3, 2014 at 3:53pm
31 Comments

He seems to be the forgotten man in here. There aren't any forums on him so I was wondering where you guys thinks he's going tomorrow. According to 247 he's all buckeyes but is there anyone to watch out for?

buckeyewiseman's picture

From everything I have read and seen, evidently it would be a complete shock if he didn't pick the good guys! 

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I'm not sure you can call him a forgotten man "in here" when there is a front page article devoted largely to him.

Anyhow he would bring athleticism and a true defensive presence the post hasn't seen since Oden was here. Still raw on offense but hopefully he can get some easy chip ins with Grandstaff stretching the floor and Mitchell's court vision.

He seems to be all buckeye but the crystal ball is not perfect. I sure hope he is buckeye.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

tennbuckeye19's picture

I saw that Bucknuts has a paywalled story about him on their site today regarding his commitment. I couldn't read it, but I feel pretty good about things. It'll be interesting if he does commit with Trevor Thompson eligible  to play next season and Dave Bell in the fold. OSU could have 3 options in the post.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

From what I gather, Giddens has been relatively quiet about his recruitment:  He hasn't let on too much about a lot of schools or even taking a lot of visits.  It seems though that Ohio State has been there since the beginning of his recruitment and has maintained contact consistently and often; even more so than other schools.  I feel pretty good that he's a Buckeye come tomorrow.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow that was the first time I went and watched his highlights and I am super pumped to get this kid on campus with his potential. That turn around fade away jumper he hits at the beginning had me salivating.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS

Does anyone have any idea on what time he's expected to announce tomorrow?

305Buck's picture

1 p.m. eastern time at his house.

He visited Ohio State this past weekend according to an article on Bucknuts. He didn't commit on the visit but he's all Buckeye imo.

+1 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

I wonder if Thad would take both Giddens & Dickerson, (and vice versa). I wonder if Dickerson would still commit here if Giddens committed before him. I hope so...it'd be great to have twin towers. You can never have enough big men.

+1 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Already have Thompson for that year. 

Braxton2Devin's picture

Does he have the potential to start somewhere into his Freshman season (assuming that Amir doesn't develop at all)

Nutty's picture

Amir will be gone by the time Giddens would be here.

+1 HS

No joke, I saw somebody's early 2015 NBA Mock Draft, and they had Amir going in the 2nd round.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

+1 HS
rosenbuck's picture

Call me crazy, but I could see it happening.  If he could finally get after it on the boards and post near-double digit boards, some team would take a late flier on his athleticism/length combo.  A big if and honestly unlikely, but not unthinkable.  I hope Anthony Lee coming in will be a wakeup call.  

I agree, and I really hope he puts it together.

Amir shows flashes of greatness...just hope he plays more consistent...and angry!

+1 HS
Nutty's picture

Amir has improved every year he has been here but he still isn't impressive to most. If he can continue the improvement, however disappointing for some, he could make a case for a second round pick.

+1 HS
rosenbuck's picture

I absolutely agree. Because he was a McDonald's All-American, people's expectations of him were unrealistic.  Had he been a 3* guy I think a lot more people would be pleased with the development he's had year to year.  It really has been significant improvement.  However,\ the bar was set too high early on, and now he's labeled as "disappointing."

+3 HS
Mortc15's picture

Just cannot agree with you. If OSU had ANY adequate big, Amir wouldn't see the floor and he actually didn't in key stretches, bc matta went small bc Amir lacked any motivation or trust in big moments. 

Buck-I4Life

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Anyone know what time Daniel is announcing?

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Will it be streamed anywhere?

Buckeye fan from PA

Oh no!  Not again!  You remember what happened last time??

sb97's picture

Fingers crossed!

Happy birthday to Daniel Giddens & The USA!

Go Bucks!

+1 HS

Justin Hilliard and Daniel Giddens just started following each other...that's gotta be a good sign :)

+2 HS

#OSU=PowerSportsDominators

+1 HS
SilverState's picture

Couple folks tweeting announcement at 2PM. Anyone know for sure?

Gray Box's picture
+4 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

So it's not live-streaming anywhere?

Nutty's picture

BUCKEYE!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
makearuckus's picture

hes a buckey:]

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This announcement made my vacay much better - 

+1 HS