Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Success breeding success

2009buckeye's picture
July 3, 2014 at 10:27am
16 Comments

Long time reader, but post very seldom. I have noticed a common theme to the recruits. They all say that they love the current players and can't wait to join them because they feel comfortable around the team and coaches. The last two recruiting classes not only effected those years but they also influenced yesterday's 10 star Wednesday. UM is putting in work and it's a great time to be a buckeye! 

I think the real question is not how will recruiting two five star player affect this year class but the next three or four years?

2009buckeye's picture

It's 10:28 and that team up north still sucks

+3 HS
Mortc15's picture

Great point in your article. And not to nitpick but, referring to Meyer as UFM would erase any confusion between him and TTUN (UM). 

Buck-I4Life

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

2009 - you make a great point - UFM is build a firm foundation that will have lasting effects and positive results

+1 HS
Craft to the Rafters's picture

I see your point, but current players helping to bring in recruits is probably based more about personalities vibing than a player's star rating.

Hilliard does seem like a very mature, thoughtful person that other players respect, though.

OSUpawn's picture

Just a little FYI

UM = scUM

UFM = Urban Frank Meyer (Or as I like to say Urban #ucking Meyer)

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Or Urban Flipping (recruits) Meyer!

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

Jake Hausmann a 2016 TE, told me already that it should have an impact on his recruitment because he and Hilliard went to the same middle school so he has known Hilliard and been friends with Hilliard since grade school, and he is someone that he wants to be on the field with.

O-H!

+1 HS
lippertini's picture

Sorry, gonna be that guy...  Hausmann was already 100% (16/16) crystal balled to the good guys before Hilliard's decision, so prob not much of an impact, though nice to hear from him.  Would be great to have some difference-making pass-catching TE's. 

+1 HS
Earle's picture

If you're gonna be that guy, be that guy over the "went to the same middle school" comment.  

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Hausmann told me that because they went to the same grade/middle school, he has been friends with him and known him for a while.  He really respects Hilliard a lot.

O-H!

+4 HS
Earle's picture

That's a bit more meaningful, but be careful about telling tales out of school.  Literally.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

I just edited it haha thank you Earle.

O-H!

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

No I understand that. He does love ND though and wouldn't surprise me if they made a push for him.  I believe Hausmann is all OSU, but just passing along info showing how it impacts recruits.

O-H!

+2 HS
RBuck's picture

Here's how the two 5 stars will affect recruiting

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

I think it all started with Bosa.  These 5-star recruits are seeing that they could actually get playing time based on their ability, as freshmen.  And Kwon will probably get the same opportunity this year.  Seeing the field early means a ton to these kids.

+1 HS