Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Damien Harris up next?

305Buck's picture
June 29, 2014 at 9:48pm
88 Comments
305Buck's picture
+6 HS
Posterchild's picture

I am assuming he lives in Miami. So do I, and I have no one to watch the games with on Saturday. 305 hit me up!

Knarcisi's picture

Find a nearby Bru's Room. 

BierStube's picture

We will all await patiently for your decision ... but hurry up already!!!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+29 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Yes please!!!!!!

osu07asu10's picture

I hope so those 4 committing and Harris on the offensive side of the ball may go a long with with Kirk. 

Now I'm just being greedy...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+4 HS
BierStube's picture

Nothing wrong with wanting Kirk OSU07 ..

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+13 HS
jonping67's picture

This could be a serious "BOOM" recruiting class! Hilliard - Cornell - Harris - Baker - Kirk - Sweat - Burrell - Richmond - Scott - Daniels - Wilkens - Peete and to top it off Gibson once Hilliard and Co. recruit him at the Opening.

Urban and Co. is starting to roll......GO BUCKS!

buckeyestu's picture

Lest not forget Daniel Giddens on the 4th of July.

+6 HS
NorthwestOhioBuck's picture

Don't forget the always quiet Terry Beckner Jr., quiet kid but a big talent and Ohio State is a contender, correct?

In Urban we trust. That is all

+3 HS
osupolo's picture

Damion Harris, come on down. You're the next commitment on the Buckeyes path to the National Championship.  (In the announcer's voice on The Price Is Right)

+5 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+6 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Imagine Hilliard, Cornell, Harris and Green walking up to Chris Clark at The Opening and saying hey man you were right... Ohio State is dope! 

+32 HS
irishfury's picture

this makes me smile

+2 HS
Max Power's picture

or after a certain game in November

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Clark is going to flip, I can feel it...

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We need some more of this action 

+39 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

This was my favorite week ever in terms of recruiting!  Dontre, James Clark, and Vonn Bell!  Amazing.  But this week.  Man, this week..  The potential for greatness just keeps getting more and more real!! 

Thanks for posting this Vonn Bell GIF by the way, took me back.

+6 HS
dcbucks's picture

Didn't the 11W site crash when he committed? I think he needs a nickname based on that, but then again Vonn Bell is a great name. Lets hope the 11W team has beefed up servers for this week like twitter for the World Cup. 

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Thanks, 305. It looks like following recruiting has become your life. You have been killing it lately, and thanks for the updates.

+11 HS
305Buck's picture

Ok this guy on Bucknuts who is close to the Hilliard's was invited to Justin's announcement on Wednesday and says he assures us that he wasn't invited to watch Justin commit to ND or Iowa. This guy is a reliable poster and has been calling everything right about Hilliard's recruitment to this point. He was also the first to say watch out for Harris and Cornell to move their timelines up to July after Hilliard commits, looks like they are doing that even before he commits, along with Baker. Some are speculating that Harris may announce for Ohio State at The Opening but that's all for tonight folks. Goodnight and sleep tight and get ready for a non-productive, productive week at work.

+50 HS
Killer nuts's picture

We appreciate your work and your info

+4 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

If this pans out, there are not enough upvotes in the world for this post.

+5 HS
toad1204's picture

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+7 HS
OH_IO's picture

Gus Fring still gives me chills

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Watch Revolution, it's even worse then. Guy was meant to play badasses.

cdkmike's picture

July could be my favorite month. 

Michael green

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Close between November and August! November as it's the start of Holiday Season (plus Birthday is cool too) and August as it's the start of another football season!

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

November because of The Game

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I've talked to Damien a bit today - definitely safe to say he's considering a decision happening soon. Has a few hang-ups, but it's on his mind.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Well I guess the Professor has spoken. Time to grab the cookies and milk and head to bed.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
439LawDog's picture

I wonder if the fact that it has been reported lately that this will be a small class has anything to do with guys moving up their announcement(s)?

+2 HS
GregNJ's picture

The Kentucky coaches are said to be pretty optimistic that he is going to UK. That being said, that talk is mostly coming from post of their Rivals site writer. Not sure why they'd be "optimistic". Hopeful sure but optimistic? Seems like they are puttinng a good face on this. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Kentucky is like the old drunk that wins a 20 dollar scratch off and instantly spends that 20 on powerball tickets because it is a sign of things to come.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+13 HS
allinosu's picture

He calls Kentucky players his boys.

-1 HS
lljjgg's picture

The Kentucky coaches are said to be pretty optimistic that he is going to UK. That being said, that talk is mostly coming from post of their Rivals site writer.

Just keep in mind that they said the same thing about Marshon Lattimore, Erick Smith, and especially Marcelys Jones for several months leading up to their OSU commitments. 

I do think UK is a legitimate contender with Harris, though. But I get the feeling he's going to investigate all of his other options before resigning himself to that.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

This would be "scary" good.

+2 HS
allinosu's picture

He tweeted "Decisions"  after a bunch of really good tweets with Images of him in Kentucky from Elam, Timmons and others with their hometowns in Kentucky meaning we stayed and are glad. It was quite a push. Could just be a kind response to them.

305Buck's picture

Yup, I believe this one will be close between Ohio State and Kentucky. The kid knows he could stay close to his mom, go to school with his boys, and be a hometown hero at Kentucky, but he also knows that he has a chance to compete for championships, play for a legendary coach, and go to the NFL at Ohio State. This might be a case of heart vs. head, with his heart telling him UK and his head telling him that the best decision possible for his future is at Ohio State. I also think that him possibly moving up his timeline around the same time that Cornell and Hilliard is supposed to announce, bodes well for the Buckeyes.

+7 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

UK is a lot better than people here realize. I'm not strictly talking football, but Stoops is a very good coach who's brought an exciting culture to that program. Lexington is an awesome city, and by all accounts, the parties are pretty great and the women are gorgeous. There are a ton of reasons why someone would want to go there besides "OH IT WAS PROBABLY BAGMEN BECAUSE OF THE $EC"

With that said, Harris's been to OSU a bunch of times, I think he's probably a lot closer with our staff, and he's obviously close with Cornell and Hilliard. Columbus isn't that far away, although it's not nearly as close as UK, it's definitely manageable. I think he'll pick the good guys and be a superstar.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-2 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

So I fully believe Harris winds up a Buckeye, but this UK talk has gotten me thinking about the potential of life without him (it's a sad one to be sure).  All the discussions lately have been of the 'Harris plus either Weber or Scott' variety, but I wonder what would be the case if Harris did choose to take his skill set elsewhere?  Would we then take Weber and Scott?  Or is Nyheim Hines an option?  I haven't heard anything about him lately, but what I had read about him in the past seemed to indicate he was high on the Buckeyes and the kid can fly. 
Not planning on this being an issue, just curious if anybody had heard anything about Hines and whether he had received a Buckeyes offer.  Thanks guys!

DMcDougal24's picture

The general feeling is that Ohio State has the RBs (realistic options) ranked Harris, Scott, Weber. The impression is that OSU could get any of the three. Personally I'd be surprised if we take more than one RB as Curtis Samuel was moved to RB and we are generally solid depth-wise at the position, but a guy like LJ Scott may be too good to turn away if Harris commits. And it'd be tough to turn away Weber and improve your stock in that state up north. So, to answer your question, I don't know if we would take Scott and Weber if Harris were to go elsewhere. 

Also there is always the possibility that Jerome Baker plays RB instead of LB as some have him ranked higher than Scott at RB anyway. 

+1 HS
labuck's picture

I think we need two backs in this class.  If you look at the depth we have three backs that will all leave at the same time (unless one leaves early) leaving you with Samuel as a junior and whoever comes this year as sophomores unless they redshirt.  This is also provided you escape injuries to your backs which is a position in which injuries happen more often than not.  In my opinion they have to take two in this class.

Poison nuts's picture

The Baker as a RB angle is one nobody talks about, but is a very real possibility.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

No one talks about it because Baker has already said that he prefers to play on the defensive side of the ball at the next level, and Ohio State is recruiting him as a walkout LB.

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I understand that. I also understand that he's an amazing athlete & is officially listed as such. Sam Hubbard was recruited as a LB & seems to be a TE heading into his first season. Baker is a great LB & RB at this time. I was simply responding to a poster above who made mention of this idea & I agreed with him that it could happen. Should OSU miss on Harris or only take Scott or something like that, Baker could play RB if it became a necessity. 

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Stoops is a very good coach who's brought an exciting culture to that program

That exciting, 2-10 culture. ;)

I'm just busting your b's, not sure why anyone would give you a downvote for that. You made a lot of perfectly valid points IMO, Kentucky does have some nice qualities. Every university I've been to does, really.

+5 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

I would luv to have Harris!!! But if he goes Uk  I will be alright because I will lol at what TTUN says lol

now if he doesn't chose us------hello Scarlett!!! 

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

She says hello, too!

+23 HS
BEREABUCKEYE's picture

Just awarded you my first upvote.

+7 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

Meyer just might hit a grand slam!

Ed Hopper

+2 HS
bigDbuck's picture

LJ Scott possibly in July as well... Sometimes not getting commits in March pays off in the dog days of summer!

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
+17 HS
Mi.Buckeye's picture

If all four of these guys commit along with with Kirk, can this site handle the outcome of that?

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

I am really nervous about this recruiting class, when are UFM and staff gonna close some deals??

Summation of a multitude of various hand-wringing comments on any number of threads  a little over a month ago regarding the state of recruiting for Elite 15....oh the shame you must be feeling.

Go Bucks!

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+6 HS
Boxley's picture

I just hope (probably futilely) that come next April-May, we do not have another round of "The sky is falling!" about the number of committed recruits at that time period. That daily thread no recruits yet!!! tripe was very difficult to digest. Now here we sit last day of June and we are wondering whom we will not be able to take as we are filling up so fast.

Having said that, I think next years Ohio class will get in early and then all we will wonder about is the OOS top guys we will be waiting on.

Borrowing trouble in advance? Yeah probably.

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+3 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Then what would we do with all of our free time? Hand wringing is some of the best exercise you can get.

Barnsey69's picture

I don't have any free time, but if I did it would not involve worrying about UFM & Co. not getting it done on the recruiting trail.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

To be honest, feeling like Jesse Spano - super excited, yet kinda scared...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+7 HS
gumtape's picture

http://mgoblog.com/content/monday-recruitin-foresees-awkward-thanksgiving#more

Even MGO Ace has given up on Harris. It would be nice for him to come here, but UK is still better than TTUN.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

If you scroll down to the post called "happiness" it talks about how "if" they would get Patrick that TTUN would have bigger backs than most teams LB. Poster says (taken and copied)

offensive linemen seal the line of scrimmage by making blocks on defensive linemen.  running back meets linebacker in the hole, running him over and falling forward.  average net result: +3-5 yards (+3 yards in the first half, +5 yards in the second half when opposing linebackers are pummelled into submission) 

that OL of TTUN couldn't bust a grape!!!

+3 HS
irishfury's picture

Now I hate that team up north but they got a great great player in Ty Isaac.

CC's picture

Harris looks like Forest Gump in his highlight video.  He is about 4 steps faster than anyone else on the field.  Pretty amazing.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I like that Harris is going to decide fairly soon as well. I along with most of the site would love for this kid to be a Buckeye but say he does announce to Kentucky, doesn't that mean two guys who definitely want to be Buckeyes it seems (Scott and Weber) would be given the go ahead to pull the trigger and commit? I think it's a win/win for the Buckeyes.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This is so true. If Harris says UK (I think he is a buckeye) then Scott , weber, then Scarlett! Win win

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's pretty simple - wanna win? Come to OSU.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

So can someone clarify for me?  If Harris was originally a TTUN verbal, and eventually commits to another team is this considered a flip?

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

kicks's picture

Ohio State never stopped recruiting him, however he decommited just to keep his options open.  I guess you could technically say yes it is a flip.  Context of it all is a bit different though.

BlueBayou's picture

I wouldn't call Damien Harris a flip.  To me, a flip was either currently committed to another school at the time or commits to another team in a relatively short period after a decommit.  This shows that the reason for the switch was most likely due to another coaching staffs work and not something else.  Damien Harris stated he decommitted because Michigan fired Borges, not because tOSU coaches convinced him to.  He also opened himself up and is concidering more than one other school.  I would consider Shaun Crawford a flip by Notre Dame, but not Damien Harris.  He just opened things back up.  Either way, I can tell you that both sting the same, which is probably the more important aspect.

+1 HS
TheTeam16's picture

It sucks, but getting Ty Issac relieves a bit of the sting. I wanted harris to come to UM, but I wanted borges gone even more. 

Crappy situation. 

+1 HS
305Buck's picture
+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Per Bucknuts - 

Per GatorBait insider Luke Stampini, the nation's top-ranked running back according to the 247Sports Composite Ratings in five-star Damien Harris is wearing a Michigan hat at The Opening.

A former Michigan commit, Harris is still considering the Wolverines along with the likes of Alabama, Ohio State and Kentucky. He told Stampini he is going to Kentucky on July 18, and said he's going to try and make it to the Barbecue at The Big House at Michigan, while also trying to get back to Alabama on July 13 right after The Opening. He also wants to go to Ohio State one more time before the start of the seson.

The Buckeyes are the current 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Harris.

Quick! Freak out! Hopefully he was very serious about playing with Hilliard, and Cornell, Burrell, and the coaches can put the full court press on, and reel him in!

Hayze's picture

Lol recruits don't like when people think they know where they're going. No way he ends up back at Michigan. Either OSU or Kentucky and I think OSU by a landslide.

Hell, George Campbell was dressed head to toe in LSU gear today and we all know he's probably going to Florida or Clemson.

+3 HS
Buck Wild's picture

Everyone knows LSU has a great bagman...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

jamesrbrown322's picture

As long as he still goes to FNL, everything will be fine. He really played up the angle of he and Hilliard almost being a package, so we'll see what happens.