Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Cornell Announcing on Wednesday!!

305Buck's picture
June 29, 2014 at 10:05am
155 Comments

Per 247sports Steve Wiltfong

305Buck's picture

Same time as Hilliard.

+8 HS
Osurrt's picture

Two for 1? Fingers are indeed crossed.

Mi.Buckeye's picture

Now they just need to get Harris and Kirk to commit with them and do it by throwing up an OHIO

Alpo's picture

Saw this too. I can only imagine this is good news for the bucks. Wednesday could end up being pretty special.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

We'll this could get exciting, he's hoping we have a great Wednesday

+1 HS
GirthBrooks's picture

This has to be great news considering his cancelled visits

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture
+5 HS
KBonay's picture

And this:

@SWiltfong247: I made a #Buckeyes @247CrystalBall prediction for five-stars Jashon Cornell & Justin Hilliard on June 1. http://t.co/TlLk3VWqlf #OhioState

+8 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

Trying not to read too much into this.  Hoping both announcements. On the same day means good news for the good guys.  Staying optimistic!!!!

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+11 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Does that say Hawkeyes?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
rosycheeks's picture

Well this has to be great. He's cancelled his other visits, so he's gotta be a buckeye, and he's announcing at the same time as Hilliard, so he's gonna be a buckeye too. Too bad Harris isn't committing too, but I think I'm getting greedy.

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I am tempering my emotions but boy howdy am I hoping for the best

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+12 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

The two of them must know where the other's going to school, and it must be the same school or else I don't see Cornell doing this.  This is great news for the Buckeyes, IMO.  Gonna be a helluva day!

+2 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

If those two commit we'll move from the 25th ranked to 14th ranked class on 247, and less than 3 'recruiting' points or whatever away from being top 10. 

LSU would still have a better class by numbers as they sit just ahead of us by about .98 points with what would be the same amount of commits (12)... and then everyone else in the top 10 have 13 or more commits, and let's say Scott is #13 for us we would move up to the 8th best class passing FSU(13 commits) ND (14 commits) UGA (13 commits) and only trialing teams that would have 4-7 more commits than us.

I'm beginning to think we'll land a top 5 class again when it's all said and done.

+2 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

The only thing that really blows about this is that I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WEDNESDAY.

+16 HS
KB3RG's picture

I have off Wednesday. Hopefully have good news that morning!

exnwohiobuckfan's picture

I was just thinking the same thing. I am off Wednesday and coul spend it celebrating

305Buck's picture

Steve Wiltfong still feeding the Nittany Lions hope. "I still expect Cornell to visit Penn State in July no matter what his decision is on Wednesday."

Uh the kid has already canceled two visits to Penn State, I guess they are going for three.

+6 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Boom Shocka Locka 

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+8 HS
hobochops987's picture

I am more worried about Iowa then Notre Dame honestly.  Iowa was Cornell's first offer.

Edit: Boykin is also committing, likely Notre Dame.  I now think it is a tossup between ND and OSU.  Then again Boykin isn't one of the bros.

Trust in UFM

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

I'm not too worried about Iowa, he hasn't visited them since January.

+2 HS
Remington2323's picture

Iowa?.......Naw Bro.

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

If we don't get them, I hope Iowa does. No Msu, no ND, no MU.

+7 HS
cinserious's picture

LMAO!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

theopulas's picture

add Sweat, Scott, Kirk, and Harris to this class, and find a DT and a couple of OL and lets start on even a better class for the super 16.

Theopulas

BuckeyePride's picture

Pardon my ignorance, but was it reported what time these 2 are announcing on Wednesday? 

How Firm Thy Friendship....

+3 HS
rdubs's picture
+14 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Thank you sir

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

GregNJ's picture

10am on ESPN.com. One after the other. 

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

I think I read Hilliard is set to make his announcement at 10am, does Cornell have a time set? 

Edit: Thanks. 

Will it be streaming on 11W?!?!?!

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
Jabba1977's picture

I hope we land both of them!!

SECHATER77

+1 HS
SilverState's picture

Wasserman's article on the announcements. Would be a sweet way to kick of the holiday weekend.

+4 HS
BuckeyePride's picture

Thanks to all that posted the time!

How Firm Thy Friendship....

+2 HS
SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

I like this it's very pro buckeye, but the fact that Boykin changed his date is worrisome since he's more of an irish lean from what I've read, hopefully they aren't all committing together

+4 HS
allinosu's picture

Crap, that's not good.

sharks's picture

Wait, on ESPN? 

Is OSU about to be trolled?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+8 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Cautiously optimistic!

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

New primetime network T.V. timeslot: 10am Wednesdays.

Super Double Spectacular Wednesdays!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

Seattle Linga's picture

I feel a two-fer coming this way.

+1 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

Usually you pay double for that kind of action Cotton

+8 HS
Habu71's picture

Both of them giving a verbal to OSU on "the world leader" at the same time. That network could implode and cave in upon itself. 

+5 HS
edr4225's picture

all aboard!!

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture
+17 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

My birthday is Tuesday, but I will gladly accept 5* gifts through Wednesday. Exceptions must be made.

+16 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It could be the best belated birthday gifts in a long long time.

Happy Early birthday brother

+1 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

And my birthday is in February but i will gladly accept these two gifts.

Buckeye fan from PA

TraSmith4's picture

Has anyone heard what time the Miles Boykin announcement will be?? That could be a good indicator as to Notre Dames chances in all of this. Also don't be totally shocked if 1-2 more Buckeye targets commit next week as well. Going to be an interesting few days to watch the Crystal Balls over at 247 and to listen to the insiders here at 11W. Should be fun!!!!

osu407's picture

http://247sports.com/Article/Top247-WR-Miles-Boykin-To-Make-College-Comm...

He's not sure yet.  Don't count TSUN out for him.  I heard at some point that his family was very into them.

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

If Boykin announces at a different time and not on ESPN with Hilliard and Cornell then I will feel better about it as Ohio State is not one of his finalists.

+4 HS
Katzfan's picture

Even with Clark committing there? I don't see that happening...

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

Buck Commander's picture

Got a bad feelin on this one.....hope I'm wrong......Boykin changed his announcement date to Wed. As well it Sounds like he is leaning ND or Mich. St. Not holding my breath either way!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

-1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

still wary about ND but I, like many of us here, am feeling buckeyes. Could be a huge day for us. 

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Looks like Christmas may be coming early boys.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Man, I hope my Monday morning meeting doesn't go over like it often does. I can't sit and check my phone while there, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is a quick meeting, lol.

+1 HS
rosycheeks's picture

That'd be an awfully long meeting if it goes through Wednesday.

+14 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Man, thanks for catching that...okay, I obviously wasn't thinking clearly.

+2 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Wasn't Cornell the first 5 star & #1 overall ranked player for 2014 on a recruiting site last year ?

I could've sworn when they released their first 2014 rankings, some site had him as the #1 overall prospect. I can't remember if it was ESPN or Scout.

+1 HS
npeterson5's picture

Yes and I'm pretty sure it was ESPN. 

+3 HS
GirthBrooks's picture

Wouldn't worry too much about the Boykin announcement imo. Cornell & hilliard have talked about playing together. And with the info that cornell hasn't made a return trip to ND and even cancelled one, and possibly turning away full wood because of numbers seems promising. I think hilliard relationship with mcmillan and Damien harris speak volumes too where this is leaning

+5 HS

I think we can all agree we want both of these young men to be Buckeyes.  But, did you know Jessica does too?

+38 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Wow - I'll stop right there !!!

+1 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

I keep watching to see if the GIF goes a little further the next time. One more time.... wait, one more....

+4 HS
OSU069's picture

Who could possibly downvote this?

+4 HS
MJB15's picture

A homosexual maybe 

-4 HS
TCOB_6's picture
+6 HS
buckeyedude's picture

The Guy That Wears Women's Underpanties?

+2 HS
Mortc15's picture

Saw yet ANOTHER Chris Clark "bro why not Michigan??" Tweet. Seems to me he's pretty desperate to get others there yet doesn't have much to back up his words. Continuing to say why not Michigan instead of giving legit reasons why it's a place to be would be more useful, IMO. 

But whatever, closing the deal on these 2 come Wednesday! 

Buck-I4Life

+6 HS
Citrus's picture

Let me help Chris out.

Why not TSUN?
1. Brady Hoke brings in great talent, he then wastes that talent in route to going 7-6
2. UFM coaches the Buckeyes not the TSUN
3. Larry Johnson coaches the Buckeye DL not TSUN DL
4. Unlike at TSUN, here, we beat our rivals
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc3Ui3UVuT4 (NSFW)

+22 HS
rdubs's picture

Also, "OSU is dope bro!"

+8 HS
Citrus's picture

It sure is. Are you going to the Navy opener? I'm moving to your neck of the woods after the bar. I'll be there and I have some extra tix.

rdubs's picture

Already bought my tickets.  Still unsure about the Maryland game.  I am really going to try to get to VT next year though.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I was at the Toledo Mud Hens vs. Columbus Clippers baseball game last night here in Toledo(Clippers won, 4-0. Sad.) and saw some woman wearing this shirt. She happened to be very well endowed, and since I had a couple brewskis in me, I found the courage to compliment her on her nice choice of clothing.

Buck Commander's picture

Could be a smokescreen to throw EVERYONE off.....never know with these young whipper snappers now a days !

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Could be a smokescreen to throw EVERYONE off.....never know with these young whipper snappers now a days !

Buck Commander's picture

Sorry for DP

Seattle Linga's picture

It's a common thread around here..........

+2 HS
Katzfan's picture

With the way Clark's recruitment played out (or playing out), I would think that potential recruits find him incredulous... just my opinion...

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

+1 HS

The only way I see Chris Clark having any success recruiting for TTUN is if he takes this approach.

+29 HS
Citrus's picture

Minnesotan defenders have been good to us.

+21 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Please pretty please with sugar on top

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Hopefully we will be doing this pose on Wednesday.

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

Poor form Mr. H.  I'm not sure what's going on with the second O's hands either.

-1 HS
Murph32's picture

Do you guys know how big this is right before The Opening?

+9 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Chris Clark is bummed out that he missed his opportunity to be a part of something great.

+8 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

I'm sure Urban would still accept his commitment.

KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
Youngbuck85's picture

Early birthday present for me ... Hope these two are buckeyes 

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

we're either going to have the biggest GIF party ever or a total meltdown....can't wait for Wednesday

+8 HS

Positive GIF party please!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

The look and the dancing moves Ashley is making is how Chris Clark is looking at our recruiting class.  

+2 HS
jonping67's picture

I think this one is in the bag. Both Hilliard and Cornell are going to be Buckeyes, count on it. Not only do they both want to play together, but they also want to play with Harris and Harris is not going to Notre Dame. Remember when Cornell went to C-bus a month ago and was blown away? I think he gave a "hush-hush" verbal then, that's why Fullwood couldn't get a commitable offer from OSU.

Bank on it BuckeyeNation..........Hilliard and Cornell are all BUCKEYES!!!!!

GO BUCKS!

+3 HS
Woodshed's picture
+20 HS
dustinccc's picture

Forgive my ignorance...who is the third that we will be missing out on?

+1 HS
osu407's picture
+2 HS
hobochops987's picture

WR Miles Boykin.

Trust in UFM

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

That's awesome.

I'm totally fine with that outcome...Silver Bullets in the house.

+2 HS
The Clean North's picture

Does anyone know when Harris is commiting? I could see him moving it up to Wednesday to commit with these guys since they have such a relationship. 

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

For the sake of this website, let's hope not!  If that were to happen I'm not sure the site could survive a GIF party of that proportion!

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This is gonna be one great weekend!!!! These two were must gets IMO! Plus the cincy pipeline is opening! Major IMO. 

+2 HS
funtubs's picture

A couple people over there are saying Cornell is overrated. Thoughts on that?

jonping67's picture

I don't think he's overrated. He has dominated every camp he's attend and his high school plays in the hardest league in Minnesota. I think his relationship with Hilliard will only make him better, given Justin's work ethic.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Cornell is NOT overrated. Cretin is a top team, and he is by far the top player in Minnesota. From interviews I have read in the local papers, he is a fine young man with a good sense of perspective.

+1 HS
osu407's picture

Cognitive dissonance associated with a recruit picking a team other than your own.  We did the same thing with Gibson.  Cornell has been tearing up camps this year and looking to be worth his ranking.

St. Paul (MN) Cretin-Derham five-star defensive lineman Jashon Cornell defeated offensive linemen with a variety of pass-rushing moves. It was another strong performance for Cornell, who showed out at the Nike Football Training Camp in Columbus a couple weeks ago.

http://247sports.com/Article/Kirkland-Rene-and-Cornell-Top-SMSB-Defensiv...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2014/06/36189/...

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

It's kinda funny that all fan bases have the same general thought process when they feel player going elsewhere. ''Doesn't want to put in the work" & "primadoña"

+3 HS
jonping67's picture

I would like to see the guys from 11W chime in on this news.

Are you guys taking Sunday off or what?

GO BUCKS!

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

FWIW, Bill Greene, Kurelic, Birm, and Wiltfong all expect these two to be Buckeyes. I feel real good about our chances now. I'll say 90% sure that these two are Buckeyes.

+13 HS
razrback16's picture

Gleitman as well. Looking good for the good guys.

+3 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Couple of Minnesota insiders CB'd Cornell to the Buckeyes today as well. Maybe the hometown guys know something?

+3 HS
SilverState's picture

Mike Farrell thinks so too:

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's going to be a really good day for some school...hopefully it's Ohio State.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+23 HS
bukyze's picture

Way too many inappropriate comments racing through my mind about this GIF.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Didnt Boykin also have a offer from tOSU? Anyone know if he visited or whats up with his situation.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

305Buck's picture

Yeah but we were facing an uphill battle from the beginning. It was always between ND, MSU and Michigan. Ohio State got in too late and I believe he will be picking ND. The Core 6 twitter account sent out two tweets yesterday that read "Expecting commitment #15 on Wednesday," "the ND and Core 6 pipeline is real."

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

If you put stock in the "Twitter-sphere," then the comment by Burrell re: a big July for he and his friends is a positive for OSU. Who knows? Hopefully Hilliard and Cornell do not think that "OSU is dope, bro."

+5 HS

Thanks 305 at least we are still in the game even if the odds arent as good as we would like.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+12 HS
ab1993's picture

Probably doesn't mean shit but he followed Tyler Green today.

Class of '16

+4 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Our Honor Defend!

+3 HS
bucknut8's picture

FWIW George Brown Jr from Cincy Winton Woods, OH just tweeted he sees ND getting 3 commits on Wednesday. Idk if that means he thinks Hilliard & Cornell are picking ND or if he is thinking Boykin & 2 others. I highly doubt he's right but maybe he knows something considering Hilliard is from cincy. Either way its just an Ohio kid giving his opinion but i thought it was interesting 

#Buckeyes

+1 HS
zebiraross's picture

305, are you ok? You went from predicting Ohio State at 90% to saying Notre Dame is the favorite in the span of 3 hours :)

Zeb

+3 HS
GoCAVSnBUCKS2's picture

He was talking about Miles Boykin

+4 HS
zebiraross's picture

My bad, you were referring to Boykin.

Zeb

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Just hope, regardless of his decision, no one goes mental on him or about him. I am really confident about this which makes me nervous that he won't be a Buckeye but just thinking, if he does go ND, no one loses their minds.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Better warn my Mrs. that we're gonna celebrate hump day. 

+6 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

You should do that anyway!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I like your style Knar

+8 HS
Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

The beginning of the work week, unfortunately.

buckeye92's picture

My gut says ND....I hope I'm wrong

-1 HS

When the owner of the site posts a nice sarcastic Kirk gif it makes me feel so much better about the situation before us. We pull in Hilliard and Cornell and we are talking about a snowball that could roll all the way to #1 eventually. We lose out on both and we are facing maybe one of the bigger let downs we have had in years. God everything about this game is great and year long entertainment. Thanks for that Jason.

+3 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

I Believe we get Hilliard, Cornell, and Baker!! Their getting it out if the way for The Opening and the huge FNL... For recruiting purposes! Have Faith Friends!!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Not to be a Debby downer but realistically, I don't see us having a number 1 class just based on sheer numbers. Our 2015 class will most likely be in the 20-22 range and you know teams like Bama and LSU will take 25.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Since I can't upvote you Jason, this will have to do...

+15 HS
buckeyedude's picture

This would be fricking GREAT heading into the 4th of July weekend of Norwalk Drag Races and camping! I would really have to get sh*tfaced like and SEC fan.

I know I'm a Buckeye homer, but MY GUT tells me these guys are all Buckeye, especially Hilliard. ***trying to create good karma***

+1 HS
Barnsey69's picture

I had to take some xanax after I read this post...gonna be a busy morning for sp3llch3ck.

Go Bucks!

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture
+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

If anyone is familiar with the ND 247 site, Loy just finally gave in and changed his crystal ball pick for Cornell to OSU.

Made me laugh.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sounds about right - Go Buckeyes!!!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Yeah, that was probably painful for him.  But he hasn't given up on Hilliard....yet..

Cornell's CB:

Hilliard's CB

+2 HS

If anyone noticed Hilliard with Berger and Hubbard on his latest visit it had less to do with LB's and more to do with kids from private catholic schooling. The ND guys are still holding on to hope with Hilliard because publicly the family is saying they havent decided yet. Watch to see how the CB's swing tomorrow evening. We will know tomorrow night how big of a hump day we are going to have around here. Have a feeling Loy will have to bite the bullet and admit defeat.

Woodshed's picture

He isn't giving up on Hilliard because of all of the hits the ND site would lose over the next 2 days.

+1 HS
Dublin68's picture
+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Well, he says everyone is welcome.  Does that mean we can tweet him too?

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

If you're over 25 year old some would say NO