Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

kgratz's picture

NAH 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

He wants to play with Hilliard and Hilliard isn't going to PSU. Not worried. 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I remember the Georgia kids saying that last year. Didn't happen.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

otrain2416's picture

Well he had come out and said he already knows where he's going to college and has yet to visit PSU yet. Plus he wants to play with Hillard and Hillard has about as much interest in PSU as I do in dating a TSUN fan. 

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

about as much interest in PSU as I do in dating a TSUN fan.

I am assuming you might make one exception...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+22 HS
Woodysghost's picture

I might have to make one for those her. 

+23 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Maybe she is a State fan.... The lesser of two evils

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

She likes the Buckeyes ... at least I have convinced myself of that!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+8 HS

as I do in dating a TSUN fan.

You wouldn't date Kate Upton?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Haha I might make an exception for her, this is how we should deal with the TSUN ladies at the bar 

+10 HS

XD

Team allegiance means nothing to me if i'm attracted to her. I'd find ways to have fun with it. Unfortunately just about every girl i've been with thinks my love for Ohio State is ridiculous.

Squirrel Master's picture

actually it would be nice to have that little battle with her every season. Its nice having a girl that not only is a sports fan but someone you could have a rivalry with. I could come up with a lot of creative bets for The Game each year. and as things are going, I would get a lot of what I want too.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Unky Buck's picture

I could come up with a lot of creative bets...

+1 HS

I could come up with a lot of creative bets

Translation: Sex.

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Oh, I thought he meant cooking and house chores...

+1 HS

Shouldn't she be al...nvm.

+2 HS
awarren84's picture

But now think...she could potentially convince you and her's son to be a scUM fan...I mean I am completely against domestic violence, but there is an exception to everything!

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

Woodysghost's picture

Could just be the PSU staff pushing him to come to campus one last time to make sure hes positive in where he wants to go.

cdkmike's picture

well if he does take it then u never no what can happen. Go buckeyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael green

305Buck's picture

No worries, as already mentioned, he knows where he wants to go to college already and Hilliard isn't considering PSU or MSU.

The school to worry about him visiting is ND.

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Seen on Cleveland.com by Ari Wasserman

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Four-star defensive end Darius Fullwood of Olney (Md.) Good Counsel announced his final five and a decision day last night, and the Buckeyes were one of five schools to make the cut. 

Ohio State, however, is no longer under consideration. 

That's because Fullwood probably doesn't have a committable offer from the Buckeyes, which he likely learned during a phone call with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson after he revealed his top five. 

Fullwood has reported an Ohio State offer for quite some time, but he made two separate camp visits to Columbus in order to try and earn a committable offer. His last camping experience at Ohio State was Wednesday, but he pulled his groin early in the workout. 

Fullwood, who is rated the No. 18 strongside defensive end in the 2015 recruiting class, now will decide between Maryland, Virginia Tech, Kentucky and Duke next Saturday. 

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

Funny how everyone thinks he knows where he's going when in reality he wS just getting his girlfriend followers.......

Class of '16

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Maybe Fullwood not getting a commitable offer because of the Crowded DE/D-Line and to make room for Cornell????Just a thought!!!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

Groveport Heisman's picture

ND-tOSU battle.  Maybe he wants to see the Buckeyes drop 70 in Happy Valley for free later this year?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

teddyballgame's picture

It worries me a little bit.  Hilliard could have told him he's going w/ ND and now Cornell is reconsidering everything.

Damien Harris also took a pic of him wearing a Michigan Football tshirt last night.  I don't really get it. 

Smokescreens?

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Don't be worried. Cornell always had intentions to visit PSU. Would it be nice if he only visited OSU from here on out, sure? But that's unrealistic. We still lead and unless he's blown away at PSU and decides to push back his timeframe, he should pick us when he commits in the next month or two.

Highly highly highly doubt Harris is going to Michigan. He still might be a 'fan' though.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

If Hilliard had told Cornell that he was going with ND, I feel like he would just go there as well. Hilliard telling him he was going to TTUN would make more sense seeing how they've "stopped recruiting" Cornell, so he would need to look around some more. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Why wouldn't he want to make the trip? Doesn't mean he has genuine interest in them.

kmp10's picture

I don't know why anyone who wasn't seriously interested in PSU would make the trip to Happy Valley. UCLA, Miami, USC, ASU and other warm weather and/or beach schools? Yes, make the trip for trip sake… but PSU, far more than many, is located in an area that is a detriment in terms of getting kids who are just vaguely interested in the program to travel to campus. It isn't like Columbus; large city, easy access, major airport, lots to do. It's just my opinion, but if he isn't interested in Penn State then making this trip makes little sense.

+1 HS
DCNick's picture

I had a ton of fun on my college trips and I wasn't even a varsity athlete. I'm sure these kids are partying way more. Would you rather stay home one weekend and have a curfew or go to some college and have fun? I can understand people visiting even though they think there is very little chance they will want to go to the school.

+1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

He'll check PSU out because it's fun and interesting to visit college campuses when you're in high school. Remember?

sivaDavis's picture

Am I a bad person seeing how I would visit Ohio State, silently commit to Urban while I was there and then name a top 5 of UCLA, Hawaii, USC, Florida State and Arizona State (no order). Take my 5 officials to said schools for the views and then announce to Ohio State? 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

I'm worse.

I'd silently commit to OSU, then take it all the way to the end, naming Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Penn State as leaders in addition to OSU (possibly even saying that those schools are above OSU), making those coaches recruit me until signing day only to spurn them and sign with OSU like I always planned.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I like that idea. I'll probably add in you should recruit for Ohio State on all official and unofficial visits.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture
I'm used to the iPhone double-post....but from my desktop.  Blown. Away.
Groveport Heisman's picture

I would silent  commit  to Urban. Then knowing *ichigan needed whatever position I played badly and had limited schollies I would publicly commit to them. Signing day came around I would sign with the Buckeyes and pretty much ensure myself that whatever position I played wouldnt be overshadowed by a scUM recruit.And it would hurt them in the process. But I'm a dick and I would get a kick out of it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
Eph97's picture

We should be ok as long as Jimmy Franklin doesn't accidentally drop a Jhonny Manziel "money phone" into his lap.

Buck Commander's picture

Notre Dame really has me thinking bro. Decisions… Decisions… Decisions

Alabama Commit— Mekhi Quintay Brown (@_MekhiBrown) June 24, 

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Cornell did not make it to Penn State this weekend as scheduled. Visit is being rescheduled again for mid July. I doubt that visit happens too if Hilliard commits to Ohio State on Wednesday.

+5 HS
kgratz's picture

I was about to start a new forum topic 'Jashon Cornell' so I (and everybody else) appreciate the update. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

otrain2416's picture

Great stuff 305 I hope Cornell told Franklin he had a hair appointment to get block O stenciled in his hair for the opening.

+5 HS
blazers34's picture

Hahaha that's good stuff

OSU069's picture

Wow that would be hilarious!

Seattle Linga's picture

As long as Urbs chats with him last --- I like our chances