Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

FROMTHE18's picture

?? I don't get it. So he will teach the staff some sort of lesson by waiting an extra week? 

+9 HS
ab1993's picture

It's just like the kid who committed to Georgia that said he would've gone to Auburn if they had offered earlier. They're 17 year old kids, you would definitely be offended if your dream school had waited so long to offer you.

-2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

so you're telling me a kid will make a life altering decision because he is bitter that a school waited a little while to offer? How silly is that. The people around the kid should tell him to take deep breadth. Id never throw away an opportunity to go to my dream school because I was bothered they decided to take their time with my offer. If anything, it shows the staff is calculated and organised, and this adds value to getting the offer because it would feel more 'exclusive'. Just a stupid move to wait or make a decision because of hesitation by the staff. Get the offer, go there, and then earn playing time and achieve your dreams. 

+7 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

so you're telling me a kid will make a life altering decision because he is bitter that a school waited a little while to offer?

CJ Conrad did exactly that.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I think the opposite occurs much more frequently- kids are actually more patient with their dream school and are willing to wait and work even harder to finally earn that scholarship. 

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

but a very reliable source has told me that if he gets offered tomorrow, he'll wait a week to commit, just because the staff took too long.

Sounds a bit..odd. 

+4 HS
e135800's picture

Maybe he won't get offered for another week now.

+13 HS
UrbanDreamz's picture

Great that means he won't commit for 2 more weeks which means at least 2 more Nick Conner threads.

"Twelve months ago on Jan. 9, my mom's birthday, I made the decision to come back. I had one goal in mind and that was to win a national championship."  ~Mike Doss

+11 HS
JDunc686's picture

I'll take the "over" on that one

+9 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Personally, I think this kind of speculation makes a player sound like a pouting brat. Last time I checked Coach Meyer doesn't recruit those types. He recruits mature gentlemen who want to make the team, school and state proud. Let's hope this is just speculation and rumor for his sake.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Sounds like some Bullshit made up by a butthurt ND or MSU fan who is speculating we are going to offer and land him.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Well you failed to mention Nick told you personally. Also if he was joking then this is a non story. Also it is common for kids to maybe take a few days and make sure they dot all their i's and cross their t's when making a life altering decision even if this is his dream school.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

I'd be surprised if it were an ND fan trying to downplay things... most of us were hoping he would get an offer, so I don't see why they'd turn any news into an issue at this point.

Though, of course, every fan base has it's idiots that try to spread hate and misinformation. So let's just blame it on meat chicken. The enemy of my enemy....  

bleedscarlet's picture

After seeing what '16 will be offering, I think Conner is going to be the victim of a small recruiting class. Crazy that a kid this good may not have a place in this class.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

kholmes's picture

This is a ridiculous, unsubstantiated post which serves no purpose other than to make the kid look bad. 

if he does get an offer, of course he might take a few days to decide. While he may be taking the time to make sure he is entirely confident of this important decision, this "rumor" post will have some people think he is doing the waiting solely to advance an agenda of making OSU look bad.

+10 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

First you said a source, now you're saying himself. You never mentioned that you know him personally do you could probably understand our doubts. Your post was serious, and now you're saying he was joking in the way he said it. Something is off.

+4 HS
kholmes's picture

If it was said as a joke, then that is different as it would be read as a harmless comment. The original comment implied he was going to do it out of spite.

+5 HS
ab1993's picture

Sorry that wasn't my intention

-7 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Since the OP erased his post, I'll repost what he said. 

I know everyone's tired of the Nick Conner threads, but a very reliable source has told me that if he gets offered tomorrow, he'll wait a week to commit, just because the staff took too long.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+5 HS
sharks's picture

I'm personally just glad its not a Gibson topic.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I just thought it was his "Time Of The Month" with that Red Period

1967Buck's picture

Really Bro. Last week was not enough I think? Well AB you started a fire, better go get the water bucket!!

buckguyfan1's picture

Glad I missed this one. 

+1 HS