Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Tyrek Tisdale - 2016 | FL | RB | New Offer

Gray Box's picture
June 9, 2014 at 10:48pm
7 Comments

Ohio State offered Tyrek Tisdale 2016 | #7 | RB/FS | Evans High School | Orlando, FL

Nike SPARQ measurements: Height: 6'1" | Weight: 184lbs | 40yd Dash: 4.73 | Shuttle: 4.57 | Vertical: 35.7" | Power Ball: 30' | 100m: 11.5

Gray Box's picture

Tinsdale with Dexter Williams at Ohio State today:

+2 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

As Gray Box noted above, Ohio State offered '16 RB Tyrek Tisdale today while he was on a visit. Tisdale, who OSU offered as a running back, holds offers from Miami (FL), Ohio State, Louisville and UAB. 

On adding an offer from Ohio State today: "I really like the offer from Ohio State, that's probably the biggest one on the list at the moment!"

On where Ohio State stands: "I'm interested in OSU but I'm keeping my options open."

What his visit included: "I talked to coach Meyer and coach Drayton. [They] showed me the campus, the Buckeyes Grove, the All-Americans and stuff."

Tisdale was with a group of prospects that included Miami (FL) commitment Dexter Williams. There are five more colleges remaining on their schedule. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for the update Gray and Jordan - the good news keeps coming !!

BengalErnst's picture

Just from the way he talks, we have no chance lol.

Nicholas l Ernst

+6 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

I thought that too. For the record, not sure I'm all that interested in a 185 lb RB that runs a 4.7. Perplexing offer. 

+5 HS
lsjSnail's picture

They must see something, but to me he seems like a slow small guy...something you don't want lol

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

I wouldn't be too worried about those numbers, they are from the Nike SPARQ camp in February of this year when he was still a sophomore. The fastest time at that camp was only 4.49 and Dexter Williams, who had the best SPARQ score and is a Miami(FL) commit, only ran a 4.55 that day. In track he's run M 100 Meter: 11.95, M 300 Meter Hurdles: 46.53 and in the M Long Jump: 16-7.5.

His comments make him seem like he'll stay in the south, but they are also pretty standard answers for almost any kid on a tour like this. Ted Ginn's Bus Tour would be a great example of kids saying the same type of rhetoric while on a similar kind of trip.