Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Sh'mar Kilby-Lane has committed to FSU

ab1993's picture
June 7, 2014 at 2:57pm
88 Comments

To Florida State.... I somehow suspected this would happen... NOW OFFER NICK CONNER!!!

WesPatterson23's picture

Wow that's crazy! Yes, I agree Connor deserves the offer.

Hilliard WB's picture

Whoops, I thought he was considered close to a lock.  If Nick Conner is next on the list let's jump on it.  

Birm seemed to be pretty confident that he would end up here, I guess in the end recruiting still is one big guessing game.  

S-Row the Best Row

+6 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

you motherfucker......

had me thinking it was to Ohio State, then I clicked....

LEBRON

+4 HS
FitzBuck's picture

It's cool.  Coach Meyer just congratulated the FSU coaching staff on making SKL's top 3.  Long way to go on this one.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

jamesrbrown322's picture

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

BlockO's picture

Smh...I'm done with following recruiting lol... I hope he has a great career though.

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+3 HS
osu407's picture

Didn't see this coming.  However,  I'm glad Ohio has such a strong linebacker class this year to ameliorate the loss. 

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

This certainly puts Hilliard in the MUST GET category (as if he wasn't already).

+2 HS
Danify's picture

As a couple people have already said ... offer Nick Conner.

teddyballgame's picture

Not really all that surprised.  There were rumors that he would commit at the spring game but he held off for some reason...didn't exactly bode well for us.  Looking like Hilliard, Baker, and maybe DeBerry now.  Don't forget that we took a LOT of LBs last year so this year it's probably 2-3 max.

hobochops987's picture

Are we recruiting DeBerry as linebacker or defensive end?

Trust in UFM

kicks's picture

DE I believe, however versatility is something that could factor as well.

teddyballgame's picture

I haven't heard much about him lately, so maybe someone on the staff can chime in on him.

WesPatterson23's picture

I think he is somewhat like a Jamal Marcus

Calgarybuck's picture

This recruitment was just a repeat of Joyner, If a strong lean doesn't commit while visiting or soon after "He Gone"

+6 HS
hobochops987's picture

Hilliard gonna visit ND and it will possibly be his last visit before committing.  Still think he ends up a buckeye though.   When is Hilliard gonna decide again?

Trust in UFM

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Some speculating around June 27th.

Seattle Linga's picture

Nick C. would look so nice in S & G - he's a head turner

-1 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Or since we're talking football 

+5 HS
robobuck's picture

Thats a very young Steven Gerrard. Forgive him this horrible acting job. He's still a fantastic baller who has a habit of making shots from 25+ yards. Who was the college defender who was caught faking an injury whilst facing a hurry-up offense? Reminds me of that.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

-1 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Soccer player.....baller??

did that really just happen?

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

Btw i wasnt the one who dv'd you. I believe in everyone's right to a dumb opinion

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

-1 HS
Hayze's picture

Rumor is if he had it his way, he would have committed at the Spring Game. A family member heavily encouraged him to take visits.

This is really weird. The people around him, his coach and even Sh'mar himself have said for months that OSU led and by a long ways. Something is off.

The good news is we had a hell of a LB class last year and were probably going to only take two or maybe three this year.

This is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket! We're in excellent shape for in-state Hilliard and Baker and still have DeBerry (maybe more of a DE), Holland, Jefferson and a host of others still interested, in addition to Conner who would commit the second he gets offered.

+1 HS
TCOB_6's picture

Does seem weird. His CB was 95% to Ohio State. Sure seems like there's something going on there...

Buckeye Knight's picture

Free crab legs.

You strong? I strong if you strong. We strong, den.

+41 HS
brunstar's picture

I wish I could give you 1,000,000 helmet stickers for this. 

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

LOL. +1. 

We skrong den. 

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

No question Jameis has a future on the motivational speaking circuit after his collegiate and professional career is over.

He would kind of be like the "anti-Tebow."

Crimson's picture

Will he also live in a van down by the [ocean]?

You're gonna live in a van down by the river!

+5 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Conner please and thanks

O'Deez330
stark county football

+5 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Good luck. Next.

+6 HS
JDunc686's picture

I think Conner getting an offer is a strong possibility now.  I believe with the Kilby-Lane commit, that leaves only 3 uncommitted ILBs that have offers (Anthony Wheeler, Jahvoni Simmons, and Joshua McMillon), and I haven't really heard about any of them being extremely interested in OSU.  Unless Hilliard, Baker, or another OLB could switch inside I think the staff would want one ILB, someone can help me out if they have heard something that I've missed.

+4 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

It's anticipated that Hilliard will be an ILB when it's all said and done. Scout recently moved him to ILB (this week).

+2 HS
JDunc686's picture

That definitely qualifies as something that I have missed, thanks for the update!

Danify's picture

Justin Hilllard, Nick Conner, and Jerome Baker would be an outstanding LBs corp. Oddly enough it's an plus having all of them from Ohio. 

+20 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Connor should have been offered a long time ago. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+14 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

You've got to be kidding me. This is just depressing. 

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Did not see this coming. Come on, man.

Jbucks's picture

DAMN IT, he was a guy I was looking forward to watching in "The Game"

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

Knarcisi's picture

Where's our esteemed member Poop when you need him. 

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Ill hold down the fort until Poop gets here. 

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

You poop em high, Chief. 

GirthBrooks's picture

Seems like we should rename this class "lean15"
lol sorry just upset

+14 HS
Buckabroad's picture

I agree and also am upset. He could have been a Shazier-like LB for us. I am tired of seeing so many OSU "locks" go elsewhere. Really hope Hilliard joins us this month. We really need to see positive momentum in the form of commits soon.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Medic!!!!!!

edit:  Birm!!!!

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This is just wierd

-3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Another "OSU lock" that ultimately goes elsewhere. The sad thing is, Connor most likely won't commit either, because if I were him, I'd feel slighted by the OSU staff, and would much rather play for MSU, a program that sends players to the NFL and has an excellent defense year after year.

-10 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Put the gun down and give the money to Bozo. 

+5 HS
b_pbucksfans's picture

Because OSU doesn't put players in the NFL....

+3 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Not anywhere near the level that FSU does. 

-10 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Ohio doesn't have the level of in-state talent that Florida has though.

I doubt it's much to do with coaching and player development.  In fact, Ohio is known to produce the best football coaches...

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Draft picks in 85-scholarship NCAA era ('95-present)
118OSU
117FSU
109USC
107UGA
105Mia
104UF
102Tenn
98LSU
90AL
87ND

+33 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Man! You all over it, 305!

Take dat, Nikolajz1.

+1 HS
nikolajz1's picture

The last few years FSU has been putting 10 people a draft into the NFL with the similar numbers expected for this year Hard for a prospect not to be impressed by that especially, since before this year, we've struggled with our NFL numbers for a bit. 

There's zero doubt that over the last 20 years we've been impressive in this regard but I doubt any recruit is looking at what happened three coaches ago as a metric for developing NFL talent. Fisher has been doing a hell of a job at FSU. 

-5 HS
Son of Sevenless's picture

That's okay. Too many apostrophes and hyphens in that name.

+14 HS
Becool12's picture

I think this proves that there is no such thing as a "lock" in college football. But, we shouldn't be down about it. The thing about national recruiting is we have beat out many of colleges that offer the exact same but a lot closer. FSU just won a national championship, they have a school full of attractive girls, and a police department that will make your crimes go away. 

+7 HS
305Buck's picture

Justin Hilliard finished his ND trip earlier, but Midwest guru Wiltfong from 247sports doesn't think it did enough to put them over Ohio State. He will visit Iowa next weekend when his brother moves in, then Ohio State the weekend after that to stay the night with Kwon.

Decision still coming late June (sometime around the 27th), or early July (possibly at The Opening).

+8 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Noticed that Wiltfong has switched his CB pick for Elijah Taylor to ND. Was he out there this weekend?

305Buck's picture

Not to my knowledge. Wiltfong has been saying for a while that it was close between ND and Ohio State. The good thing about this is that, Gallimore and Wilkins upside is higher than Taylor's. Never like losing Ohio kids, but if there are better kids elsewhere that we are in on, then I wont complain.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Gallimore is going to be a first round pick in a few years. Kid is a monster.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup and he never had a defensive line coach before. After his visit, I read that he was impressed with LJ's knowledge of the game and with what LJ told him he could do to improve. Think he ends up staying up North and coming to play for the best defensive line coach in the NCAA. We'll see how he feels after his MSU visit but it sounds good so far for Ohio State. Kid isn't deciding until NSD so it's a long ways to go here.

+1 HS
CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Yeah, it's a bummer, but I'm confident that the Buckeye coaches will find the right players to make this team a top ranked competitor. 

Go Bucks!!

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

It's going to happen as we go more national with recruiting. The shine will wear off for some of these 17 and 18 year old kids.  Reality hits when you can stay closer to home. 

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

welp, I'm done predicting things for this class….so much build up for him to come to OSU, so much hype and 'expert' opinions on him coming to Columbus..best of luck to the kid but geesh, has this 2015 recruiting class been a confusing situation. 

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Wonder what happened. I say offer Conner and move on. Unless they think they can flip him? 

VintonCountyBuck's picture

I'm really hoping Regan Williams from Jackson High School will get another look now

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

BuckeyeJ's picture

I've watched him plenty and hope he will hit the camps this year and light it up!

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

Remember next year when the class of 2016 is finishing up their junior year and out of staters say OSU is their favorite, they will not be coming.

mtrotb

-4 HS
LawBuck's picture

Bucks only need 2 linebackers in this class, Hilliard and Baker.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

we didn't want him anyway 

+3 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Fire Fickell

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

-2 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

Unbelievable, another lost recruiting battle. 

+1 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

+6 HS
joejoe04's picture

I understand we need to be patient, but this is what it feels like we'd have to do to lock down a recruit at this point.

+14 HS
Crimson's picture

Jameis Winston: That's a consensual way to ask a girl out.

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Keith Byars in that clip. 

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Kilby-Lane "I'm committed to FSU but I'm still going to take visits." There's a poster on 247 who talks to Kilby-Lane's 7 on 7 coach and his 7 on 7 coach says there's no way he ends up playing college ball in Florida. He said that the commitment is strictly a spot saver and that once he gets back up to Ohio State, Meyer will break out the spatula.

I believe Kilby-Lane was pressured to commit by the coaches, or the same family member that was pressuring him to take more visits. Even his high school coach was surprised that he committed to FSU.

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Why would you commit to save your spot at a school that you apparently won't be going to anyway? Just seems pretty odd if he doesn't want to play football in Florida 

+5 HS
Crimson's picture

Please, please, please.

FitzBuck's picture

Doubt this sticks.  If it does they got a good one.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

pdan46's picture

Sorry Kilby-Lane will not be a Buckeye.  I will still root for him unless he plays against us.  Time to lock down Hilliard and Baker and offer Conner!

-3 HS
Citrus's picture

At what point is OK to wonder whether this year's class is going well?

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

SON OF BEECH! SHEET!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS