Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson Suspended From Team?

AngryWoody's picture
May 22, 2014 at 9:04pm
106 Comments

I'll just leave it at this:

Could just be suspended from spring game, or it could be more. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Show All Comments

OSUCLAY519's picture

Is this for real?

AngryWoody's picture

I have every reason to think so. Andy Slater is a local sports broadcaster in the Miami area and has connections to Torrance's high school coaches and teammates. I wouldn't post it if it were being tweeted by some random dude.

Our Honor Defend!

+6 HS
Buck Commander's picture

WTF??????

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

jeremytwoface's picture

Yikes....

And when we win the game, we'll buy a keg of boooooooooze!! And we'll drink to old Ohio 'till we wobble in our shoes.

Buck Commander's picture

Just Googled it and found nothing yet????????????

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

BuckToAsT's picture

Maybe because the national media doesn't typically cover high school kids getting suspended from team/school.

To us, this is HUGE news, but to the rest of the world, it is just a HS kid getting into trouble.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Will have to see what he was suspended for. However, this isn't good imho.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture
-10 HS
clogan1032's picture

You don't even know if this is true or not not the circumstances. Stop being a lemming and wait for some real information before passing on the number one qb. Saw it on twitter from one guy so we know it's 10o0% legit. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

SoapDropper quit being a CLOWN! We don't know the background  information yet bubba.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

didn't edit. go to sleep

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Link?

Way to edit that. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
nebraskafaninwi's picture

He wasn't on the spring game roster or something like that so that is what tipped it off and lead to the search. 

OSUCLAY519's picture

Has anyone seen B/R's article about Ohio State and Torrance Gibson? It was ridiculous.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

I saw it and blood shot out of my eye sockets.

Our Honor Defend!

+3 HS
Buck Commander's picture

B/R are Buckeye Haters

OSUCLAY519's picture

Actually I heard that TG is just suspended for the High school's spring game, but not sure.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Wait, high schools have spring games??

And when we win the game, we'll buy a keg of boooooooooze!! And we'll drink to old Ohio 'till we wobble in our shoes.

+1 HS
osu407's picture

It varies by state

jeremytwoface's picture

Next thing you know, they will be recruiting players out of middle school...............

+9 HS
skid21's picture

It is sounded like he was suspended from spring ball.

osu407's picture

Is this different/new than what we already discussed (honest question, not sarcasm)?

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2014/04/35274/...

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Same incident that I posted about a few weeks ago. He was close to getting expelled, but he has a great mentor in Coach Rumph who went to bat for him. Assuming there are no other incidents, TG will be reinstated after spring ball.

+3 HS
osu407's picture

Thank you for the clarification. 

BrowardBuckeye's picture

No problem my Buckeye brethren.

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

I'm 99% sure this is a new issue considering he said he missed the last two days of school and was waiting to hear back from the school.. It seems weird he would just now be missing school for something that happened over a month ago.

Our Honor Defend!

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Trust me...if this was a new incident he would be expelled rather than suspended.

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Andy R.‏@andyacr 
American Heritage, Plantation top recruit QB Torrance Gibson was not in the Spring Game lineup. He was suspended due to discipline. 
Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater 1h 
I've learned top QB recruit, Torrance Gibson of American Heritage in Plantation, has been suspended from team - could leave school.
rumor going around that he was kick off 
 Source 247 sports

http://247sports.com/Board/30/Contents/Torrance-Gibson-Kicked-off-HS-Tea...

teddyballgame's picture
+1 HS
SilverState's picture

fwiw:

+1 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

Again, the incident happened a few weeks ago. Although he could've been expelled, it was resolved with a Spring suspension and he will be reinstated assuming there are no further issues.

SilverState's picture
+5 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

Slater needs better sources...he's about a month late.

-1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Sumbitch.

Not the TG news I was expecting.

ab1993's picture

What if he transfers to Ohio guyz... lololol

+2 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Diva!!! Need I say more!! Smh

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

-2 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Sounds like we have a teenager that needs to get his priorities in line. Kids usually dont get suspended for nothing. Hope he can realize the effort the adults surrounding him are giving (teachers) trying to prepare him for the future, and is less influenced by the adults giving him attention, because his athletic ability will benefit them.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I'm beginning to lose interest. 

+7 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

An altercation with a teacher is definitely not okay in any situation. A verbal altercation would be one thing, but if it's a physical altercation...

+5 HS
Citrus's picture

Any situation? I'll give you most situations, but there are certainly some (though small) situations when it would be appropriate to have a physical altercation with a teacher. 

And with that, I go back to my boring bar review :-/ 

Forgive my nit picking. 

UrbzRenewal's picture

There are two cases where it would be okay.

The only real defense is if you had an immediate threat of physical harm (assault), to claim self defense or defense of a third party. That's about it (legally), but I'm sure the school has more policies than just the legal baseline. So yeah, any of any day to day school situations.

Hard to say without the facts, but I'm sure the teacher would've been arrested if there were claims of self defense or defense of a third party. TG being suspended w/o any other accompanying news leads me to believe it's probably not self-defense or defense of a third party.

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

Not claiming or insinuating thats what happened here. Just being perhaps unduly precise. 

+5 HS
Buck Commander's picture

The only 2 cases that would be OK In this situation would be 2 cases of Bud Light!!!!!

+9 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Eww, you peasant. 

+3 HS
cinserious's picture

Make it Miller Lite

One day I will valiantly become a political prisoner of 11W jail.

-1 HS

If you are not drinking Westmalle Tripel Trappist then you aren't living yet.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

When I was attending the work/study program at Eastland Career center I use to sleep sometimes during our 2 hour class and so did other students. One day the big giant fat teacher thought he  was going to get away with making an example out of me and smacked the shit out of the back of my head in front of everyone. He accomplished one thing and that was waking me up from my nap and I gathered myself realized what happened and punched him so hard in his face he couldn't get off the ground for about 10 minutes. Initially I was sent home instantly and there was talk of expulsion. "Until" they had a chance to separately talk to the other students then they called and apologized and told me to come back 2 days later. Later my parents won a small lawsuit against the teacher and I never had any more problems. Point of the story is lets let the details come out fully before passing judgment.

-3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Point of the story is lets let the details come out fully before passing judgment.

That would make too much sense. I'd rather just jump to conclusions.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS

Well duh, If you wasn't being snarky and jumping to conclusions what type of fun would these interwebz be?

-1 HS

Pages