Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Wimbush to PSU

The Clean North's picture
May 6, 2014 at 7:53pm
63 Comments

All in on Gibson and Stevens.

sivaDavis's picture

My reaction to Wimbush saying Penn State is going to dominate the Big Ten. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+31 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

#63to14

#2MoreYearsTilABowlGame

LEBRON

+17 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Wimbush's first quote when lining up to face the D that they're building in Columbus - 

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+26 HS
703Buckeye's picture

We'll see how they handle Rutgers first, lol.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+9 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I seem to remember a number of recruits up north doing a lot of talking over the past couple of years. How'd that work for them?

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I am actually happy he said that. Give Urban some more fuel to feed the beast. 

+1 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

Meanwhile, Ohio State is in the gym.

We'll be ready Penn State. 

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+31 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Good pick up for PSU, but all this means is that Urban has to land Gibson. If he does, the Buckeyes still wind up with the higher ranked QB.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's all good. OSU still has QBs on roster that will get experience, at least in the offense, while Wimbush is still in H.S. As I said previously, OSU has been wildly successful no matter who is behind center, excepting Bauserbomb and Bellisari.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Wait. So you're saying The Baus wasn't successful?

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It all depends upon your definition of "success" I suppose...

KBonay's picture

Did not see this coming at all...

+6 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

These kids are really buying the snake oil Jimmy "The Pimp" Franklin is pushing.

No doubt they'll look back after some 7-5 seasons and be all "Dammmmn, what was I thinking".

-10 HS
Eph97's picture

Yep, and losing out on the experience of going to 2 bowl games and never sniffing a national title. The again, seems like kids are a lot more like mercenaries these days with the only concern of getting to the NFL.

sivaDavis's picture

How many times are you going to post that same line of "buying the snake oil Jimmy "The Pimp" Franklin is pushing" before realizing it's not that funny or creative? 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+7 HS

It's not meant to be funny, it's literally true. Whine some more.

-5 HS
SilverState's picture

I've seen this play out before.

+5 HS
Youngbuck85's picture

Honestly I'm excited to see penn state be good again. That used to be such a great game every year. I'm traveling to happy valley year for the game so we better kick their asses this year though

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

Make sure you wear a raincoat the whole time you're there, preferably one that repels urine.

+7 HS
razrback16's picture

And if it can repel beer cans / bottles as well that would be advisable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

and batteries.  Don't forget the batteries.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Well. PSU is getting some good talent. Not much else I want to say. Stings a bit, but there is still PLENTY of time. And plus, I would not trade this team for any other. I love this damn team. Go Bucks!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
irishfury's picture

I hope we beat them 164-0 this year

+9 HS
jpbuckeye's picture

This after being up 162-0 and going for 2 and making it! :-)

FROMTHE18's picture
+37 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Winner.

I'm pretending I'm a PSU fan (pure fiction folks)...it's one thing to recruit, another to hit. Play. Lose 63-14.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

Dude, Marcus Hall killed a guy with a trident.

+13 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Dang.  Would've loved to have him but not too upset because we all kinda saw this coming.  I agree with a few of the posters above in saying that I would love to have a competitive OSU v PSU game every year like it used to be.  Since Wimbush is off the board now though, we really need to land Gibson.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Wimbush, we coming for you. 

+15 HS
EDUGOON's picture

He Gone…..

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+2 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

I'll wait four years before i make any judgments about "missing out" on a top rated quarterback.  His four stars and a nickel will buy me a whole cup of JACK SQUAT!

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Man, PSU's D is slow…between this clip and the braxton clip above…eesh.

otrain2416's picture

Watching this reminded me why I'm so excited to watch Wilson at H-back this year

+3 HS
CincyBuckeye31's picture

I guess he isn't worried about sitting behind Hackenberg for the foreseeable future.  Well I guess he could start as a RS sophomore?

nikolajz1's picture

Hack is likely gone in 2 years to the NFL so he would be a redshirt freshman just like Johnny and Jameis were. 

+3 HS

OSU ran roughshod on that joke defense last season. Hope it continues.

-1 HS
HilltopHustle's picture
+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

This is what Meyer called out the rest of the conference to do - recruit better. I agree with an earlier post that basically stated that it seems like we're missing out on so many more than normal, because Meyer and Co. put out so many more offers than the Tressel era. Generally, if Tress knew OSU wasn't in a good position, or another team was more likely to get a kid, they just wouldn't offer. Meyer is willing to take that chance and recruit kids that name other schools as leaders. 

Before everyone gets all upset and angry, don't forget that at one point Kyle Kalis and Lawrence Marshall were coming to Columbus. Also, a reminder that Damien Harris was at one point going to be a wolverine. So, a lot can happen, and it can happen quickly, in the world of 17 year old minds and hearts.

+3 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

What's Urbans rule, a verbal commitment just means you are in the top 3?  If anyone thinks he is done recruiting some of these kids who have committed else where, then you must have been under a rock for the last 3 years.  I'm not a "Trust in Urban" guy, but his track record speaks for itself.  He hates losing at anything, hell , he was pissed the 2013 class wasn't ranked higher.  Franklin and everyone else better batten down the hatches, b/c UFM and Co. are coming.

+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Good for PSU....but this class isn't going to magically flip 63-14 around this season. 

OSU 42

PSU 17

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's it! Meyer's run his course as a coach and recruiter. Two game losing streak, no B1G titles, no Bowl wins, and only 2 recruits in May? #FireMeyer

+2 HS
buckeyeotaku's picture

you're either trolling or you're an idiot

We don't give a damn for the whole state of Bichigan

-1 HS
Crimson's picture

italics = sarcasm (joke) font

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Guess I'm an idiot...

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+11 HS
OSU069's picture

This is one of Braxton's best jukes in my opinion. 

+5 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Ankles, ankles everywhere.

LEBRON

+2 HS
gumtape's picture

But #81 is holding on that play!

- delusional psu fan

High and tight boo boo

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

GREATEST 2 yd run I've ever seen!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Thank you El Guapo for selling out the run in convincing fashion, and taking one for the team.

All of the horses in the stable need to watch this video to see what it means to be a team player. Everybody plays a part.

+1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

Meh. No sour grapes or anything. Best of luck to the kid- he seems like a down-to-earth dude. But I have to be honest: I was not all that impressed with his tape and prefer Gibson and even Tommy Stevens over him.

I'm sure we'll get our GUY this year! Go Bucks! 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

-2 HS
buckeyeotaku's picture

i'm not sold on Gibson, i'd like to have something other than just saying he'll learn how to throw before tagging a guy as a five star QB. .

We don't give a damn for the whole state of Bichigan

+2 HS
BAR43's picture

Nothing lost here. If the Buckeyes wanted him than he would be one right now. Very talented kid but I have to trust the staff has found other QB(s) that they feel are better fit or have higher ceiling. I dont count this as a PSU win and OSU lose, we clearly didnt make him a priority for a reason.

-1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Bingo. The staff knows who they want and will get what they need. 

-1 HS
kicks's picture

Oh.... and just in case they forgot what a "back up" qb did to them.

+1 HS
kicks's picture

Last one, they can expect to see a lot of this on October 25, 2014.

+2 HS