Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Quick Bits 4/24 (Jonathan Ledbetter offered)

GeneStarwind's picture
April 24, 2014 at 5:00pm
12 Comments

Visitors List (Subject To Change)
May 10th
Core 6 Day

'15 WR Miles Boykin (New Lenox, IL)
May 31st
15 DT Tim Settle (Manassas, VA)
'15 DB Cameron Ordway (Pulaski, TN)
June 1st
'15 WR Alex Ofodile (Columbia, MO)
'15 DE Terry Beckner Jr. (East Saint Louis, IL)
'17 WR Jeff Thomas (East Saint Louis, IL)
July 25th (Friday Night Lights)
'15 LB Shaq Quarterman (Orange Park, FL)

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 4/24 - Andrew Fleming visited (LGHL)

ada

Wednesday was a busy day on the recruiting trails for the Ohio State football and Ohio State men's basketball coaching staffs. While there wasn't a ton of action from a dishing out offers perspective, the Buckeyes' revenue sports teams did their due diligence to keep a number of top prospects and potential targets warm as is often required to eventually convert these courtships into actual scholarship agreements on future National Signing Days.

We start on the hardwood, where the Buckeyes swung by to meet with Nashville (TN) Ensworth 2015 shooting guard Andrew Fleming. Fleming, who's listed at 6'5, 200 pounds, is a three-star in the 247Sports Composite rankings and checks in as the 48th ranked shooting guard in the class of 2015, the seventh best player from the state of Tennessee, and the 195th best overall player in the class. In addition to Ohio State interest (who have yet to offer him), he currently hold scholarship offers from Florida, Memphis, and a number of SEC programs.

Matta and the Buckeyes actually first took Fleming's temperature Tuesday, talking to the talented young guard on the phone before arranging the in-person the day after. "It went great. I love Coach Matta. He is hilarious. We were laughing the whole time. He will for sure be in to see me on Wednesday," Fleming told Bucknuts' Alex Gleitman.

cont...

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Slow times!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

osubuck57's picture

Look to more visits picking up when schools get out . Can't wait to see the visitor list for FNL!!

SCOTTC.

tennbuckeye19's picture

I saw there was a story on Mickey Mitchell's commitment on Bucknuts yesterday but I'm not a member so I couldn't read it.

GeneStarwind's picture

To summarize Mickey's Coach expects him to be a Buckeye & Mickey confirmed the same a few days ago. Still recovering from a torn ACL, but expects to be playing by the end of May.

+7 HS
otrain2416's picture

Kinda crazy after hearing that why Mike would transfer then. 

SpoonerBuck33's picture

Combination of his dad's health and redshirting.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So glad he confirmed the news. We need him on the court. He's going to have a outstanding career here.

BuckWylde's picture

I just hated watchin' all the Ohio guys in the Big Dance that didn't have on scarlet and gray (including Siebert and the 2 Northland bigs). Would somebody tweet Thad and share the breaking news that Kasich just made it legal for kids from Columbus & vicinity to play for TOSU again!!!  Sorry guys, I'm just gettin' a little tired of seeing guys like Payne, LeVert and Aaron White get overlooked in favor of "studs" with McDonald's credentials who play like their true skills are on the french fry station and the drive-thru window!     I refuse to accept that there's no talent worthy of the Buckeyes to be found along the 3-C highway(Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati) and especially after this past season.

BuckWylde

-5 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Mike probably was pissed about playing time. Or maybe Mickey really does want to be a Buckeye! Either way can't wait too see you play Mickey! Come on down....

Gooz-fra-bah...

pcuzz1's picture

That mickey mitchell news is the best buckeye related news I can remember since xbrax confirmed he was comming back!

pat cozzens

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Anyone know about Tim Settle now?  Bucknuts is reporting that the staff is no longer recruiting him, yet he's still on the agenda for a visit at the end of next month, anything going on there?

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.