Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ricky DeBerry - Recruiting News

Danify's picture
April 22, 2014 at 1:08pm
52 Comments

From Alex (formerly of 11w) via Bucknuts.com is saying from twitter that Ricky DeBerry has recruiting news at 3p.m today. 

Could this mean an commitment in-coming? Especially after this ... (maybe looking into it too much). Nonetheless hoping for some positive recruiting news!

Source: http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/DeBerry-Has-Recruiting-News-at-3-PM-ET-28271648

dancorona5's picture

he's probably just cutting his list from 20 to 10 or something like that

+8 HS
m5987usus's picture

Good for the good guys!!!?

O-H!

+2 HS
m5987usus's picture

Him and Burell Double commit?!

O-H!

+4 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Or announcing that there's a 72% chance he won't be attending school in the state of Maine.

Recruiting is not my thing. And we wonder why some kids end up with entitlement issues. Well, um, maybe if we weren't up their butts like they're the greatest damned thing since sliced bread BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN HAD A COLLEGE CLASS.

+22 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Let's not say that a 17-year-old kid has "entitlement issues" based on a few tweets when they're trying to make the biggest decision of their lives.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

When did I say that? I said "we wonder why some kids end up with entitlement issues." And anyway, I'm not blaming the players. I'm completely blaming the fans and media. If people cared enough about my college process last year that they wanted to hear when I decided there was an "85% chance I'd leave California for college", I'd feel entitled too. Not that I'm saying Gibson is entitled, just that that tweet was a small sign of entitlement.

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Wait, bread and butts? Is that what recruiting's come to? 

bedheadjc's picture

Yes, now that the NCAA has changed its position on meals.

SEC Lunchtime Menu: Unlimited Bread and Butts. #brownbagmen

+5 HS
buckeyeradar's picture

NCAA is saying that there will be no more happy meals.  Put on your game face and supersize it.

Buckeye in Texas

bethesdabuck's picture

I'm pretty sure he's not committing. Reading between the lines, I would gather that, as with Gibson, this one might come down to Ohio State or Tennessee. 

m5987usus's picture
We Need Birm!!!

O-H!

+15 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture
+11 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

can someone troll so hard like TG. I love it but he is trolling a bunch of fanbases with those comments. So ambiguous.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+8 HS
Unky Buck's picture

At least their names aren't Ace and Gary...not that there's anything ambiguously wrong with that...

+14 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

Both are looking at Tennessee & Florida too but since there is 0% in the Crystal Ball to Florida I would say it comes down to Tennessee vs. Ohio State.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Maybe cutting his list. Hard to imagine that he's going from 20 to 1. However, he could be announcing his leader, which would also be nice if it was OSU. These kids are impressionable, so I'm sure that their minds change with each visit. It's why I'm glad that OSU will essentially get the last visit of the offseason from Gibson. He's seen the appetizers and will finally get the main course when he makes it to Columbus.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
RoyMunson's picture

This is crippling my mid-afternoon production at work.

+2 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Not that I had any production beforehand.... 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+3 HS
bethmowins's picture

If this was a tweet on his page, it appears to have been removed.

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Patiently waiting as its now 3:16pm hehe

bigbadbuck's picture

its 3:17 and not a word

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

toad1204's picture

I feel like I'm waiting on Uncle Niner to announce something.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

Has committed to Kentucky, per source.

DIRECTIONER

+19 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

wrong site bro! you are supposed to say that to the UK fans. lol

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
EDUGOON's picture

He Gone.......

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Living on the edge eh Bass? lol

GoBucks713's picture

OSU4Life?

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
d5k's picture

Did his English teacher confiscate his phone for tweeting at school?

+8 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Well, have there been any reports of SEC bagmen in the area?

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Kentucky wasn't even in his top 20 Nice Try!......probably gonna cut it to 3 or 5!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

B1G 10 Buckeye Stuck in SEC Country's picture

In Alex we trust...

" Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne 

sivaDavis's picture

Looks like someone talked him out of committing to Ohio State this early.. Damn them!!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Buckeye4life23's picture

Any news??

Muck Fichigan that is all.

buckguyfan1's picture

The only other time Alex was wrong was when he left 11Ws. 

JK always wish those who helped make this place great and moved on the best.

+2 HS
The Clean North's picture

Guys don't be worried. DeBerry, Burrell, Gibson, Harris, Kirk are all just timing their commits to be all on the same day. We got this. 

+2 HS
Buckeye4life23's picture

That'd be one helluva coup.

Muck Fichigan that is all.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

All this did was get everyone hyped up and let then let everyone down. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

Just like a Bengals season!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
Unky Buck's picture

At least there's hype...as a Bills and Browns fan, it's pretty much expected awfulness from the get go.

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Hey, I love the Browns too, but you're right, you kind of get exactly what you expect. I honestly thought there was no way I'd live as long as I have and not see the Browns in the Super Bowl.

I still blame Elway.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I was at "the drive" and there is no way that the field goal in OT was good.

Every time I watch that game on TV I am always hoping for a different outcome. 

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I blame Canada...

+2 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

@Birm/John...  Do either of you feel Deberry wanted to commit or make a big move and was talked out of it by a coach or parent? Or was he just trolling fanbases?

buckeyeguy0615's picture

Not Birm, but I don't think he was trolling... the tweet was deleted. I think he had some news.