Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Edwards flips to Barn

Woodshed's picture
April 19, 2014 at 7:17pm
22 Comments
buckeye_heart's picture

What is going on. I know it is early, but it hasn't been good lately for recruiting.

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

Ya I agree, people are going to come on here and say "Oh here we go, people worrying about not getting recruits but it's only April, trust in Urban". But every successful football school is getting commits left and right. Bama just got 3 top rated players today. It's not to say I don't think it'll pick up for us eventually, but no one can deny we are struggling right now.

Class of '16

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Yeah I agree. We need to get several commits who will go out and recruit for us. I appreciate going hard after those big time recruits, but it would be nice to get a solid die hard buckeye commit. It seems like those guys have done great (Ex. Darron Lee) recently. But I have trust in Urban! 

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Its hard to get those die hard Buckeyes that will help recruit and have scarlet running through their veins when you wait to offer the top in-state kids last.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+8 HS
Stellar's picture

Darron Lee was a summer commit who had to earn his offer by coming to summer camps and performing in front of the coaches.  Expect to see a couple more guys like that come on the scene this summer as well.

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Big time bummer. Thought he would be a great fit for our D!

+3 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Wonder when he flips back.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

But hey as long as we have people telling us its only April and everything is hunky-dory then we should be fine right? Edwards was a down right stud and had a couple of top flight teammates too with mass connections to other southern kids.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
zoetaite's picture

Just wants some attention and love. Seeing all his boyz having fun, so just wanted to join the party. I was never in love with his video. Minkah hurt's as I thought UFM might package him and Wimbush together.

ZT

zoetaite's picture

If I was UFM I wouldn't waste any time on his teammates. For the love of god give Connor an offer. Kid is going to be a stud. Reminds me of Borland.

ZT

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Good thing signing day is in February and not April... Relax guys, if you are freaking out in April then I hate to see you when you're watching the All Star games when kids commit and on national signing day lol. Bookmark this page and remember this when I say it. 80% of the kids committing now will be taking at LEAST 2 other official visits NOT to the school they are currently committed to. Even the best of pitchers in baseball go through a slump. We are in the top 3, 5, 10 whatever of ALOT of Elite prospects. If we have 2 commits in November and December then I'll start drinking like the above .gif lol.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It will be OK...

+10 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Whats "BOB" got goin on there?

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

+1 HS
SweetBabyJames's picture
+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

His name, is Robert Paulson.

+3 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Wonder how much that cost Auburn boosters...

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

Recruiting = Ohio weather   

Stay calm folks, it will warm up eventually

sivaDavis's picture

Yeah not really surprised by this. Def hurts but knowing Urban, he'll get someone even better like always.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

jamesrbrown322's picture

Honestly, there's not much to worry about until after summer. Let's see how things shake out with the QB targets, Baker, and Harris. If OSU lands one the top QBs they're targeting, along with Baker, they'll get some momentum going. They have got to play the odds. If they're legitimately in on 3-4 LBs who are better than Conner, and 2-3 TEs who are better than C.J. Conrad, then we can hardly get angry at them for not offering the Ohio guys. Remember, Meyer's recruiting attack is a lot more similar to Cooper than it is to Tressel. Meyer does not have the "wall around Ohio" approach. He simply goes after elite talent from all over the nation.

There's every chance that either Gibson or Wimbush commit this summer, as well as Baker, Scott, Jefferson, Peete, Kilby-Lane, and Dre Mont Jones, conceivably. Don't forget that OSU is in very good position with a lot of other players like Hentges, Chris Clark, Burrell, Settle and DeBerry. If the perfect situation unfolds between now and next fall, all of these dominoes could fall.

So chin up, stop sweating, or quit following recruiting. Stuff like this, with flips, and wringing hands, used to happen all of the time 20 years ago, just no one really followed it. These are 17 and 18 year old kids, things change rapidly, so if you're not prepared for that, you should probably stop reading about it until Christmas.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Mortc15's picture

I'm hoping all these big time recruits that talk alot and have been to OSU lately on visits all get together this summer at the various camps and decide together, "OSU already has a great thing going with a great coaching staff and rich history, let's all head there and be the next group of great players that wear the scarlet and gray."

If that happens, it might mean 5-6 or more elite prospects all coming together in one big drove and committing.

Buck-I4Life

bucknut8's picture

"we didnt want him anyway" - most of our fans hahahaha 

#Buckeyes