Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Grey Box WithDrawl Who Is The Leader?

irishfury's picture
April 18, 2014 at 1:54pm
13 Comments

Last year I felt like we had a few key recruits that really stepped up and became leaders.  Trout and D.Webb.  They created the Dream team and made it seem like a frat players would be joining.  Who can we get to be the leader this year?  It seems like a guy like T.Gibson would be a strong leader or we need to get 1 or 2 Ohio kids to lead the charge.

Who do you guys feel could be this leader?

BuckeyeJ's picture

I could see Van Jefferson committing. We def need a leader. Wimbush, Gibson? 

TheBadOwl's picture

We're 10 months away from signing day. FNL hasn't happened yet, neither have any camps or OV's. An overwhelming majority of our top targets haven't committed yet and there are still a ton of kids who haven't blown up yet.

It's too early to worry.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

I'm not worried at all.  I just felt last year we picked up some players around this time that turned into leaders.  I'm hoping we get a few players like that here soon and drive that family like atomosphere.

+5 HS
buckeyesean's picture

I agree.  Last year's class was unique though, in that there were many outspoken players committed relatively early, and many of them went on to big camps (see The Opening) where they were with a number of other OSU commits together.  Think this was very big in snagging some of our big commits later in the process (Meech, Jones, Dixon, Raekwon) because they saw the closeness of the 2014 class and saw something special.  Not many classes are that outspoken and close anywhere, so I think we may have been a bit spoiled with the 2014 class.  I am also hopeful we can get a great group of guys committed for 2015 in the near future to start recruiting on behalf of the coaches like last year, but either way, trust in the coaches to find the right guys either way (we just may not see the closeness and recruiting of teammates as much publicly as we did with the 2014 class).

Hovenaut's picture

What is this gray box you all speak of?

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
B1G 10 Buckeye Stuck in SEC Country's picture

Something that apparently left with Alex

" Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne 

+1 HS
niblick's picture

so far NOTHING of Torrence Gibson says leader.  He's changed his commitment time frame 3 times and announced a date that he will announce a top 10.  No thank you on him being a leader in this recruiting class.

-6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I usually take forever to decide my order at restaurants, and I usually change my mind 3-4 times until I actually order, and then I wonder if I made the right choice until the food actually arrives.

He's, what, 17 years old? And he's making the biggest decision of his life. Should we really be complaining about this?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+9 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Keep in mind that OSU made Gibson's top 3, and he hasn't even visited yet...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

That is why last year was so special with Webb and Co. We can't expect that to happen every year. It was a special class and I just hope that future classes can come close, but I don't expect anything like that to happen again in the near future.

the 2014 class is seriously underrated to this point and we all will see its mark on this team over the next 3-4 years.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

This is giving me Gray Balls.   ;)

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Gibson or Wimbush fo show

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

It has been slow and frustrating to see us off to a slow start. I guess that is what happens when you recruit studs. Studs have more options, bigger egos, etc. I would love to see us with 10 commitments, but I will be happier when we have 10 of the nation's best commit just before signing day. 

+1 HS