Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Marcus Lewis

MacG91's picture
April 17, 2014 at 5:22pm
16 Comments

One time heavy OSU lean Marcus Lewis has commited to Florida. 

MacG91's picture

The signing bonus has yet to be announced. 

Mac..yeah

TheBadOwl's picture

He's commuted to Florida? That's quite a drive from DC.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

My oh my.  How quickly things can change in the recruiting game.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

It changes quick when you get a wad of cash put in front of you. 

-2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I heard one of their biggest selling points was the amazing fan base...

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

-7 HS
mtrotb's picture

Ah, he committed to Florida, not Miami!

mtrotb

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Eyes read Florida, brain said Miami. My bad. I'll go take a lap.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
danbrown7665's picture

once a heavy lean? the minds of some OSU fans...

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

-5 HS
MacG91's picture

He did say about 2 months ago that OSU was his leader so yeah I'd say a 'heavy lean'. 

Mac..yeah

+3 HS
danbrown7665's picture

that makes no sense. Just because he has a leader means they are a heavy lean now?

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

-2 HS
MacG91's picture

How does that not make sense? Yes typically that's how it works. Naming a leader/favorite usually is the step before giving a verbal. 

Mac..yeah

+4 HS
osubuck57's picture

Think him and his family moved to Florida, which made it a heck of a lot easier to commit to the home team!! And yes, he was a strong lean to OSU for awhile. So goes the recruiting world. We have two Cbs and a S already signed up, unless EGW plays WR in college. Best of luck to him in the Swamp. Or am I way off and thinking of another recruit??

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

I'm sure going to IMG for his $enior year has a lot to do with it as well. That's a far move for a final year in HS.

+2 HS
Canukbuck's picture

Not really a big move ....... Michael O'Connor, from my home here in Ottawa, Canada, left to play one season in HS at Baylor HS in Tennessee, then went to IMG (Coach Weinke wanted to work with the kid) in Florida for his senior year.  Michael ended up being a 4-star QB (ranked as 8th best Pro-Style QB in the nation) and went on to sign with Penn State (watched his Spring game on BTN) .... His final three schools were Michigan State, Vanderbilt and Penn State, so he was happy with the replacement for O'Brien).

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

The kid looked pretty damn good in that spring game too. Im the type to give credit where I think its due, and if I was a QB thinking bout committing to psu and seen him in action during that spring game I might think twice. I'll admit I didn't watch it all but from what I seen he had  command of the offense was throwing back shoulder fades and had a quick accurate release. Id bet the kid is going to be a gamer and takes over after HackaFurBurger leaves.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Seattle Linga's picture

Can the pissing contest end now?